Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

Synergy had already lost all respect from 8v8 guilds for generally being pretty poor and having to add for rps. When they blatently lie to cover their arses and then are uncovered in the most funny (and embarassing) way for them 95% of the daoc 8v8 community finds it a great occassion and want to enjoy it :snail:

The fact that it got closed is only because one mod involved is in the Synergy , and the other has a roleplayers attitude to rvr ("FOR TEH REALM")

Nothing much can be done if the mods are gonna be arses about it , but kudos to slayn for recording it and uncovering Synergy who are basically screwing over so many players in agramon (with the overall community feeling being portrayed very well in the vid by both mids and hibs leaving each other and killing Synergy)

./rude Synergy ... maybe ./sticking a mincer and 2 ML9 pet bots to your FG may help you at least have the balls to 8v8 =]

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

And this is why a mod should never actually play the game ;)
Grymligast RR9l0 SB Shelved
Mirani RR5l3 Valkyrie In progress
+30 or so more chars.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Succi wrote:Synergy had already lost all respect from 8v8 guilds for generally being pretty poor and having to add for rps. When they blatently lie to cover their arses and then are uncovered in the most funny (and embarassing) way for them 95% of the daoc 8v8 community finds it a great occassion and want to enjoy it :snail:

The fact that it got closed is only because one mod involved is in the Synergy , and the other has a roleplayers attitude to rvr ("FOR TEH REALM")

Nothing much can be done if the mods are gonna be arses about it , but kudos to slayn for recording it and uncovering Synergy who are basically screwing over so many players in agramon (with the overall community feeling being portrayed very well in the vid by both mids and hibs leaving each other and killing Synergy)

./rude Synergy ... maybe ./sticking a mincer and 2 ML9 pet bots to your FG may help you at least have the balls to 8v8 =]
Succi,

just a question - would it be possible for Synergy and a lot of other guilds to reach an agreement though? What in your view would it take?

I am not interested in your doubts about them or any generalisations about them. Just simply to ask how could all of this stop? Would some sort of compromise be possible?

It was funny what happened and I mean that in a non malacious way.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Jarahl
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarahl »

Succi wrote:Synergy had already lost all respect from 8v8 guilds for generally being pretty poor and having to add for rps. When they blatently lie to cover their arses and then are uncovered in the most funny (and embarassing) way for them 95% of the daoc 8v8 community finds it a great occassion and want to enjoy it :snail:

See Sharkith its ignorants like this that makes Synergy just not give a fuck and treat people as we get treated. Thought we had a really good discussion going here but this is gonna be my final post since this was just turned into a flamewar by Succi and Brite.
Regards

Jacob

Retired Hibbie

Oceaa
Emerald Rider

Post by Oceaa »

Jarahl wrote:See Sharkith its ignorants like this that makes Synergy just not give a fuck and treat people as we get treated. Thought we had a really good discussion going here but this is gonna be my final post since this was just turned into a flamewar by Succi and Brite.
Actually, the first few lines were very much true.
Bugzy, Bugzz, Bogz, Bigzy

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Jarahl wrote:See Sharkith its ignorants like this that makes Synergy just not give a fuck and treat people as we get treated. Thought we had a really good discussion going here but this is gonna be my final post since this was just turned into a flamewar by Succi and Brite.
Sorry you see it like this Jarahl. Maybe another time when feelings are not running so high look closely at the 'plea for diversity thread' on FH and think carefully about it.

No-one said sitting down and talking would be easy. You have to confront what are very difficult emotional experiences and you have to be prepared to hear things that might hurt on both sides.

with deepest respect we can hopefully talk another time. I know NFD once more avoided adding on a Synergy group again tonight. Good luck.

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Genedril wrote: We (Max/Asc/Shark/Drac (though he's a bad, bad cowboy)/Cay/ Alex & co) try not to add full stop, regardless of whether we've been added on in the past. I can't be arsed to keep a list of who's done it to us in the past.
I got to agree with Paul - even though he's a gimp.

Most of the time whether I am barding or tanking all I see is a mid grp or alb grp - I have neither time time or inclination to remember or check if they are a group that have added on us somewhere in the dim and distant past. If the policy is do not add then I do not add. I run with NFD 2 here and there - not adding on fg vs fg fights is NFD's policy full stop and whilst I am not in that guild I respect it and follow it.

I always believe that the peeps who spend so much time arguing about only adding on those who added on them first are likely to be using that as an excuse. If you do not want to be added on then have a blanket policy and put yourself above all others in following your chosen route. You may get added on and it will be annoying but it will save this kind of discussion from ever occuring. It will also save mistakes and errors which only end up with a snowball effect.

As for FH - it's a poor forum - blame who and what you like - the fact remains the threads there are low on intelligence and low on interest. Stick with prydwen.net imo.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Anyone can still play how they like though, if they want to add there is nothing stopping them even if this will ruin fg fights ofc, but noone can say that they can't do so.

If they lie about haveing done so is one thing, but they can do whatever they want. (I see much of that Enforcing my way of play here tbh)

Still I havent read so much so it can be much I have missed that have upset people.

Still wrong of the mods of locking a Thread just because of it ofcourse, if they add they should just say, yes we do and thats it tbh, as if thats the way they play...well
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Adding on a fight ........ 10 plats.

Lying about adding on a fight ...... 20 plats.

Having your lie revealed in glorious technicolour detail ...... 30 plats.

Having a mod who just happens to belong to your guild quickly lock the thread to prevent further embarassment and in so doing causes you the maximum imaginable embarassment ....... priceless.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gahn wrote: To our mods: i do like all of ya folks, but really no need to lick FH mods arses when they are clearly wrong, it only put ya all in a very bad light to us -.-
THat happens to be Thandruils favorit thing to do...the arselick part...many sailors can apparently confirm this ]Edit:[/B] Oh btw, the song in the "evidence video" was really awful! :D

Edit2: This game really is a laugh with all these dramaqueens playing :P

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”