Post by Gahn »

Guess we will discover who's "best" atm in few weeks anyway... so :p
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

kristopher
Emerald Rider

Post by kristopher »

chabio wrote:I know I'm going to get flamed or recieve jibes for this, but I need to get it off my chest..........
:kick:

As a Ranger, I was in the Midgard Frontier around the area of Blendrake, for roughly two hours watching over enemy movements. I decided to count the Deathspam. I counted aproxiameterly 427 Hib deaths compared to 108 enemy deaths at the hands of Hibs. In my mind, this wasn't very good statistics at all. It was depressing tbh.
The Ratio isn't unique either, as I've noticed it is quite common throughout the frontiers recently. We maybe getting a good portion of Realm points, but we are giving away by far, a scary amount. This has given the enemy a better ratio of Realmpoints compared to us and their higher RR's will escalate into more Hib deaths in the future and our eventual demise as a potent Realm.

0)xxx[::::::::::::>

My Realm points are quite low compared to the fresh up and coming Hibs, but this is in part due to me trying, not to give the enemy easy Realm points at the sacrifice of me losing opputunities. I was taught this from the very start by veteran Frontier fighters and have tried to adhere to it. For a while, we seemed to have, had a good period of gaining Ranks, because the enemy got sloppy, due to them being more interested in self gain at the expense of their Realm's position in the battle. Hoping to get some RP's, even if they knew they would die, the outcome of the battle meant we would overcome them and get more RP's in the overall battle. However, I feel that we have lost this edge now, as we seem to have followed their ways. :irked:

<::::::::::::]XXX(0

When Clustering appears, closely followed by Excal enemies with proportionally higher RR's and ML's than us, they will be looking towards us, for some easy RP farming. We will slide right down the ladder of Potent fighting forces and fall back to our oppressed position, where we were in that first year of creation. Unless, we check what we are doing.
If we were to carry on this roaming looking for fights, we need to organise proper battlegroups with a strategy in mind and start to think a bit more, rather than ramdomly charging here, there and nowhere.
To my mind, our strength lies in keep or tower defence and helps partially negate their higher numbers and compensates for their better classes and Realm Ranks. Should we not be taking towers we know will niggle the enemy , such as ones enabling their porting in areas, so that they have to come to us. Eventually the Hibs get overwhelmed in the tower and die, but at least the Ratio of Realm points isnt 4 to 1 against and may even fall in our favour. Thre must be something better we hibs can think of, to improve the situation.
:tank:

This is not a moan as such, nor do I have any proper solution... I just wanted to alert our wise Hibs to the situation that is developing and I hope you all take it in the spirit it is meant.. even though , I'm not too good at putting points across.. I love Hibernia and hope we will suvive the problems that face us.
my dear friend i was at blendrake the night ur on about and i got fed up of capping them silleh mids hehe and you also know that the hunter assist zerg they made up with lots of healing power at the back helped alot plus in my eyes albs and mids are always heavily buffed compared to hibs with bb's but more active buffers too which does give them a slight advantage over us guys but when clustering occurs we will prolly take the upper hand as we r more elite then the rest check the last week rp on daoc homepage and u can see we are not that far behind for an underpopulated realm

i also wanna try spark some interest of in a ranger grp for rvr or mebbe even 2 as ive seen an increase in number of hib rangers :)
kristoper 50 ranger RR4L7
bulvei 50 hero RR4 ML3
arrebeth 35 champ
abbytitmus 45 uber ranja RR1L6

officer of fallen spirits :D

ilaya
Emerald Rider

Post by ilaya »

guys trust me.. u got nothing to worry about. you can more than handle yourselves (have seen so from an alb/pryd point of view lol)

dont matter who done this first.. who done that etc.. its what u do NOW that counts.

the only thing u should have any reservations about imo.. is the excal/hib mentality of not getting up of their lazy rp farming arses to defend their frontier. dont get me wrong.. most of them wanna do it but cant find any support when it really matters (retaking towers/keeps dont give as much rp's)
but the peeps not in those rvr groups want summit done like retakes.. grab as many peeps as they can.. and try do it.. its very hit and miss, hence the stupid amounts of rp's mids and alb are getting on excal compared to hib.

no structure, no plan, no support. im trying to change it though.

its excal hibs thats not gonna be able to compete imo, and im one of em :)
Ilaya - RR6+ Lurikeen Champion - GM Hearts of Fire Hib/excal - sleeping Zzzzzzz

LGM AC/Tailor/Alch/SC

PSOBB- Ilaya lvl 120 HUnawearl SKYLY
Boowen lvl 32 FOnawear GREENILL
<ACTIVE!>

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

ilaya wrote:guys trust me.. u got nothing to worry about. you can more than handle yourselves (have seen so from an alb/pryd point of view lol)

DOOM!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VegetaFH1
Emerald Rider

Post by VegetaFH1 »

Jupi wrote:which part of carlow u from so i can steer clear of the landmines?
I live in Staplestown dude.... Do U live in carlow?? lmao
Bugzy wrote:Errrr... WTF ? XDDDDD
Ye dude.. Hib doesnt listen, but it has in recent years.. its totaly changed since we all started playing, i think we can all agree onthat, but we still wont listen enough
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Chab, this is not intended as a jibe as I am sure you'll know, but I think you've completely lost sight of the point of the game if you are measuring Hibernia by realmpoints.

Realmpoints are a measure of performance, sure, but they are not what will define whether Hibernia is doomed or not. People log in to have fun, so if they have fun in Hibernia, then our future is assured.

I'm not so blind as to think that realm points have no bearing, since clearly most people have more fun when winning fights and realm points are a reflection of who is winning most fights. However, people will gravitate towards a style of RvR that is most fun for them. If that means giving away RPs but still enjoying the game, then they will continue to do it.

If we were looking for a solution that gives both good fun and conserves our number of deaths, I would say it's a cultural issue. We need good leaders to step forward and a lot of peer pressure to be applied to promote team play from the people who are not leading. Team play is at the heart of both fun and success for most of the RvR outside the stealth game, and it seems team play is where Hibernia's strength is waning.

Not that I have any criticisms of specific people, but our sense of unity has dipped over the last few months I think. Seems like the motivating forces inspiring people to RvR may have changed a bit so the way people approach it has changed too.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

ilaya
Emerald Rider

Post by ilaya »

wow well said cryn :D
Ilaya - RR6+ Lurikeen Champion - GM Hearts of Fire Hib/excal - sleeping Zzzzzzz

LGM AC/Tailor/Alch/SC

PSOBB- Ilaya lvl 120 HUnawearl SKYLY
Boowen lvl 32 FOnawear GREENILL
<ACTIVE!>

Elendar
Emerald Rider

Post by Elendar »

you are indeed doomed, we are coming for your souls
expect wailing, gnashing of teeth and theft of cookies
Elendar Skald Einherjar
Maelstrom
Mid Pryd

VidX

Post by VidX »

haha you are NEVER getting near my cookies!

<places them at his feet, hits MoC and lets loose>

Dammit! need BG!
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Elendar
Emerald Rider

Post by Elendar »

Zephyrs usp
No cookie is safe!

(ps, its favourite in your sig :p )
Elendar Skald Einherjar
Maelstrom
Mid Pryd

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”