Mythic Va SOE - round one + 2 - its a long article :P

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

Banana wrote:huh - wha - when?
Next patch I believe. For example, in Volcanus the mobs that normally drop Regarding Shades 2 of 3 will have a chance to drop them all - nice eh? ;)

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

noo

i use regarding shades 2/3 to wallpaper my cottage :/
means the drop rate will be lowered to compensate surely :)

However YIPPEE - means i can get GoV insted of a nasty robe! :D
Nana looks sooo much better in jerkins.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

As far as I know there have been no substantial changes to scroll drop rates in versions 1.74 or 1.75.

This tends to be a myth that does the rounds that artis and scrolls get made easier in future patches, and whilst Mythic may tweak individual issues, a wholesale change of policy such as this one is rare. Might you be remembering a spoof 1.75 patch note that was posted on the old prydwen.net some time ago?

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

:(

youve made me sad now briannon :(

Let me live with the dream for more than 3mins next time :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Briannon wrote:If the game was only about RvR why do we only have the one PvP server and why isn't everyone playing on it?
Actually a good question :)

/Ankh

Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

Briannon wrote:I don't know where you get your 90% figure from. A lot of the people I play with enjoy a balance of both RvR and PvE. There is a degree of RvR snobbery creeping into these discussions, which will damage the game irreparably in Europe if it leads to the clustering of Prydwen and Excalibur.
There is no RVR snobbery at all - you can't bury your head in the sand and think PVE is the be all and end all, because that's just not the case. RVR *is* the be all and end all on Excal...quite how things will change if the servers merge I have no idea.
If the game was only about RvR why do we only have the one PvP server and why isn't everyone playing on it?
Perhaps because PVP is a different concept entirely? I for one like being able to XP without getting PK every 2 minutes. I like the fact that the Realms are seperate with distinct races and classes.

That's my 2 cents anyway ;)

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Sturgis Podmore wrote:Good for you Xest - I mean that sincerely. I am not so fortunate. The majority of my Guild on Excal have left to go to WoW. For over a month I was the only person online. The only way I have been able to get the artifacts I have got is through the generosity of one Guild that's not even in my alliance.

Unfortunately, artifact raids just aren't advertised on /as any more - people tend to keep artifact raids close to their chest because they don't want others rolling for them.

Of course, getting the artifacts themselves is just one step - you still need the scrolls and that can be a nightmare in itself, especially for SoM, Malice & Battler. I understand that in a future patch all scrolls will drop from orange con mobs, so that's at least better for a solo player.

Oh, and I don't know what your hours are, but there's no way I could do 30 hrs a week on DAoC. I am rarely home before 8 PM and leave the house at 7 AM, I can't stay up all night!
I work a standard 37hr week but often end up doing a fair bit of overtime so average at around 40 - 45 hrs a week. How much time do you spend travelling per day as you do realise in europe that for the vast majority of workers are covered by the EU WTD? (http://www.eubusiness.com/guides/working-time-directive), therefore even if you travel for 2hrs to and from work a day you're still working far over the maximum 48hr week unless you're one of the unlucky exclusions of course. Perhaps you travel many more hours a day, in which case fair enough but that is pretty much your choice and you can't therefore complain about it. If you are working over 48hrs a week however then your employer is quite frankly taking the piss, and you could have a serious case against them, if it's your choice then again, unfortunately only you can be blamed.

Essentially, I do not beleive anyone who works a realistic week which is by far the majority of players can't realistically compete in DAoC anymore. More to the point- I don't think the game should be altered such that things can be bought for such a minority of players who work far over the legal working hours because it can also be abused by those who don't and therefore can damage the game in the ways already mentioned.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Xest wrote:Essentially, I do not beleive anyone who works a realistic week which is by far the majority of players can't realistically compete in DAoC anymore. More to the point- I don't think the game should be altered such that things can be bought for such a minority of players who work far over the legal working hours because it can also be abused by those who don't and therefore can damage the game in the ways already mentioned.
I couldnt have said it better (not that its a big suprise to anyone that I couldnt! :D)

/Ankh

pikeh
Emerald Rider

Post by pikeh »

Briannon wrote: If the game was only about RvR why do we only have the one PvP server and why isn't everyone playing on it?
becuase pvp server is shit.
Piikeh/SH/r40/rr4X
<White Rose>
R.I.P Severance

Briannon
Emerald Rider

Post by Briannon »

Sturgis Podmore wrote:There is no RVR snobbery at all - you can't bury your head in the sand and think PVE is the be all and end all, because that's just not the case. RVR *is* the be all and end all on Excal...quite how things will change if the servers merge I have no idea.

It ain't me that's burying my head in the sand - I acknowledge that both game styles are valid. It's those who think this game is ONLY about RvR that are breathing beaches.

BTW, reflecting on earlier posts, artis and MLs do make RvR simpler for some classes, such as nightshades, but other classes can RvR just as well without them - animists spring immediately to mind. Surround a full TOA'd player with a forest of root, dd and debuff shrooms and it'll still get hurt.
Briannon
------------
Badvicar EvilIdiot: level 3x heretic - Anywhere/Gaheris
Bardsimpson Botoxxbuddy: level 50 bard - Hibernia/Gawaine
Botoxx Injections: level 50 animist - Hibernia/Gawaine
Bowlina Botoxxbuddy: tiny ranger - Hibernia/Gawaine
Briannon Silverblades: level 50 nightshade - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)
Draccula TheCount: level 46 vampiir - Hibernia/Gawaine
Playmate Ofthemonth: level 50 enchantress - Hibernia/Prydwen (retired)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”