Is HIbernia doomed?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

I tend to think a fair amount of this is still due to there not being that many RR5+ guild groups who run in Hib. There are still a large amount of pick up groups, which despite our best intentions, will never function as well as a 5 day a week GG.

Some of it also depends on timing. Regularly I will see the group I am in having a good fight, winning some losing others, when a high RR mid or alb group will turn up and change the outcome of the fight, there fore more hib deaths than green spam. Other days a hib group will arrive, Eclipse, NFD Legacy etc and turn the fight in our favour, more often than not tho they arrive just too late to save our asses.

Just in my experience ofc.

Also at present the level of scout and Warlock adding, and the general lack of naturalists active in the realm, the pickup groups are regularly running at least 1 naturalist short and often are taking healers of low RR even if the rest of the group is RR4+ and trying to batter thru 1 or 2 high DIs when the oposition doesnt have to makes these fights hard to win.

Whilst we undoubtedly have some good high RR GGs running on Hib Pryd, the majority of the players are still inexperienced, are happier in a zerg or are playing FOTM rangers/Vamps (apologies to the long serving rangers) which dont increase the realms 8 vs 8 fighting ability. We also seem to want to camp areas all the time and make ourselves sitting targets for the PEs and Maelstroms to pick us off when they choose to.

Personally I am not looking forward to clustering as I feel this problem will become more and more exaggerated, and some of the GGs who are competitive now, may find that they cant compete with the much higher RRs who play on Excal, and many of us in the NE alliance, for example, will just be free rps as we wont be able to move without getting ganked. I may be a little over pessimistic, wont really know until the cluster comes.

At least in worst case scenario we lose all our keeps and I wont spend all day repairing the bloomin things.
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Wyst wrote: At least in worst case scenario we lose all our keeps and I wont spend all day repairing the bloomin things.
yes you will :lol2:
:wyst: :wyst: :wyst: :wyst: :wyst:
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

hib will be fine, animists and bainshees will rule the bridges :|
~

chabio
Emerald Rider

Post by chabio »

Thankyou for your comments Wyst, at least you understand what I am trying to get across. Looking at most of the posts, it is nice to see people are doing well on kill ratios and that Hibernia isnt totally owned on all accounts, but I wasnt saying that we are rubbish in the Frontier after all.

It was a general observation on how things were developing, where groups keep getting caught in the open, by superior forces. The Blendrake incident was a one off for sure, and it was the Albs that caused most Hib deaths in that 2 hour period.

The fact that we have become obvious in what we do, had brought the Albs there solely to farm us and I was pained to see deathspam of the orange type in so greater numbers.

We will have to see how Clustering will effect the outcome the frontier, all I wanted to do, is bring to your attention that we cant afford to fall into habits that may set back the progression we have made as Pryd Hibs.

Sorry that some of you missed my point, You still rock.. :surrender
:ranger: Aiming to please..

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

chabio wrote:I hibernia doomed
No
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

just having a bit of what the army call r&r in the frontiers, no point overdoing it atm prior to the impending invasions, dont want too many people getting burnt out now do we, people know the date & know what will need to be done.... yes grasshopper hibernia is like a hand, the fingers represent the individual guilds but when that hand is formed into a fist then u will see the true power.... /roleplay off
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Jupi wrote:just having a bit of what the army call r&r in the frontiers, no point overdoing it atm prior to the impending invasions, dont want too many people getting burnt out now do we, people know the date & know what will need to be done.... yes grasshopper hibernia is like a hand, the fingers represent the individual guilds but when that hand is formed into a fist then u will see the true power.... /roleplay off
:D

Cuchuluhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Cuchuluhain »

Oh PUUUHLEEEASE

Eclipse with Lourker were the first to run set 8 man groups?

Xest, dude, seriously, wake up and smell the bacon.

The old guilds, you know, the ones in there from the start were running set/opted 8 man groups since forever.

Example HDS group

Devlin, Furball, Locomo, Usp, Cuchuluhain, Redeemer, Slaraigh, Opin.

and the '2nd' tier group, that often was Xenorita, Mind, Zoltar, Incanter, Setanta, Sortia, Daicald and others.

That group was around before eclipse were, actually no, they were around A FULL YEAR before Eclipse formed, and they did exceedingly well in rvr, hell they were there that notorious day at Dun Ail when Usp got the 58 kill deathspam.

Forgetting about Soul Pact are we? Na Fiana Dragun, Guardians of Somnaire? Ring any bells yet?

The ONLY thing we learned from Excal was - albs are chickenshit and zerg because they have no leadership, no balls and little talent, so I guess thats why it suits you there in the US! (note, thats a friendly dig, I know all the above are not true when it comes to Xest)

So frankly, BRING EM ON.

Ps, your faith in me is touching Silver, I do try ;)

VidX

Post by VidX »

Pray tell Xest, if you were playing Prydwen from the beginning, how do you really know what the RvR scene on Excal was like? Or are you just talking more crap about stuff you really don't know anything about and are just putting together rumours and old wives tales? Oh wait, you always do that!
Usp Caffeinechanter - level 6 Roasted Bean
Can find me as Manachanter in most things...
World of Warships [NA] mainly

usp:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Er, those groups were never set :p just random PuGs. Same goes for SP etc. sure you got the same players running together now and again but there wasn't really any logical group structure or predefined groups it was just whoevers on groups up, goes out and RvR's. If you've been 8 vs 8ing so long one might question wtf you struggle to come to terms with using things like buffsheers :p As for Usp's deathspam, what has that got to do with a fixed group? It was just good old abuse of PBAE going through walls in towers, now when NP/Eclipse and so on started acheiving that in the field, it's then that Prydwen started getting it's first well formed groups.

Usp, have you ever heard of Llaw Arian and Nolby Pride? Hmm, no obviously not with that comment. I'm sorry I offended Prydwen but if you can't accept the truth that's your problem not mine so no need to bitch at me - NP/LA amongst others had fixed groups on Excal long before Prydwen ever saw them.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”