Those that exploit run thru

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Genedril wrote:Come on Norc - stick/face & take it like a man. Rangers are super-hard after all & don't need to do anything else......
No i dont think so.. there tactics and tricks which are available to me and ill use them.. who said war was fair..
ill xper kill as well for the record.. if people go xping in the RvR zones then they are fair game and being there themselves they know the risks once u port into the frontiers zone and come out of the safe areas ur quarry id accept the risk so should others.
Im not breaking any coc rules or using any bugs which put me out of range and any Los issues.. other people have the very same tricks as ive got available and its there choice to use or not, as a stealther this has been part of the game since OF
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Norcott wrote:No i dont think so..
Sorry, I'm in super- sarcy mode today. I actually agree with you (I think the rest of my posts made that clear).
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Run thru and strafing aren't exploits, it's just taking advantage of game mechanics. Be better if the game engine didn't allow it (because I'm too useless to master it, always used to get owned in duels because of it) but it does, so it'll happen.

It's totally different to abuses such as screen dragging and other techniques to deliberately lag your client in order to lag cast, warp or make yourself artificially out of range. I'm too useless to master those too :'(

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

In old days FH would be the place for such thread as this, but these days you get banned for using anything that could point at a plers char name :)
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Puppet wrote:I would be happy if he only did that, normally they SoS to water and then abuse the waterbug :P
Surfacing and submerging to avoid getting hit isn't a bug if that's what you mean. At NF release they didn't have this but it just meant casters could slaughter everything in the water because as water slows you down a caster could sit down in the water and just destroy multiple enemies with ease moving towards them from the shore more slowly. If you stay above the surface now you can at least get closer to a caster and only need to descend down onto them. Don't get me wrong though, neither solution is acceptible imo, both are utterly retarded.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

<wonders if this was intended as a wind-up thread a la Gandalf>
If so then Big Gratz cos everyone fell for it :D

Otherwise ... I mean ... everyone strafes & runs through .. it's called tactics ...
We might as well make a list of Casters who exploit the ability to nuke ...
or Assassins who exploit stealth...
That would just be silly :p
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

As xest said the above/below water thing isnt a bug really , however the other low hp surface water issue is considered very much a bug i think

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

Succi wrote:As xest said the above/below water thing isnt a bug really , however the other low hp surface water issue is considered very much a bug i think
Im refering to 2 bugs, which are 'bugs' :

1) Moving on 'normal speed' on water-surface intentionally used, despite being on 5% hp. Very funny if a skald snares you, jumps in the water (when on 5% hp) and zooms off on sprint-speed, then turns on his Mach5 and goes on Mach5 off, on low HP.

2) Moving backwards in the water doesnt slow you down (like normal moving backwards does on land). In some combination of cases, you can abuse this to land melee-hits, where the enemy is unable to hit you back. People who know how to do this are *VERY* aware of doing this, and abuse this alot.

Unfortunaly Mythic is unable to fix both things, which really sucks, especially if you are a stealther and most fights are situated near bridges (water).
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

They're bugs & if exploited then you should report them.

The rest of what's been talked about here isn't (strafe/run through/surface bobbing).

In either case I don't think a thread here is what's called for. In the first instance Right Now it; In the second instance learn to deal with it or stay away from it/those that do.

If this thread was a wind up then I'll eat my... well I'll eat something & apologise. If you ask me it was a misguided attempt to complain about something that's legitimate & could never be termed 'abuse'. Now whether or not you consider it lame or not is another thing - but most people I know (solo & fg) use strafing & run through & I'm pretty sure they'd use water surface for LoS disruption too.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

sorry your all quite correct its not an exploit
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”