Bye from Thand and me

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Farewell, you two!

Life w/o DAoC, once you cut down your computer time down to 10 or max 12 hours a day, is great - enjoy it! :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Can find the petition here

And this is the original thread from sharky

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=211010
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

HappyG wrote:Farewell, you two!

Life w/o DAoC, once you cut down your computer time down to 10 or max 12 hours a day, is great - enjoy it! :)
i'm down to 7h atm horay! ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Satyn wrote:Can find the petition here

And this is the original thread from sharky

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=211010

LOL too much info, hehe :)

But seriously, i've alot of reading to do on this subject for the next 3 hours :E
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

HappyG wrote:Farewell, you two!

i could cut mine down to 5hrs aday
its the working on my computer at work that increases my time :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

OMG, that's some read, and still reading! Hmm, tbh i'd err on teh subs paying public on this one. Normally, i'd agree with GOA, but not on this occasion.
Mid Excalibur
Hib Pryd
Alb Stonehenge (I was there before teh cluster and gimps going from excal pryd cluster due to QQ - Noobs! :p )
Alb Camlann

.........far too many 50's to mention and no bb - hardcore gaming for a hardcore peep :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

You see, although I personally bear a grudge against those who participate in AC Raids, on the other hand we have to take into account those players whose normal hours of real-life work and play differ from the normal "9 to 5" work routine.

What if you are someone who works unsociable hours? In other words, those who perhaps start work at say, 6pm and finish at around 2.30am in the morning, eat, then spend a few hours on the computer, before going to bed at around 8.30am. Should such a person be prevented from doing relic raids? Now supposing there were a group of players in the same situation who decided to do a relic raid in the early hours of the morning, i.e. at a time that was normal for them to be awake and playing on their computers. Would that be wrong? Because they pay subscriptions, surely they're fully entitled to play the game without any restrictions, just as anyone else would? If AC Raids are deemed by the majority to be against the spirit of the game, then aren't we discriminating against those who work unsociable hours?

Does anyone have any figures on how many players there are who work unsociable hours and who would normally be playing the game in the early hours? If not, then should we really be against AC Raids?

Do you understand what I am getting at?

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Gandelf wrote:
Do you understand what I am getting at?
It is, has been and no doubt will remain an interesting discussion. The arguments have spun back and forth on FH, it being a 24 hour game and open to everyone is clearly a strong point of view.

From a personal perspective I fail to see the fun in taking a relic when there is no one to defend. I also fail to see the fun in annoying a lot of other players (which AC raids do).

The CM guild (alb) often run late sessions and got into the habit of staging relic raids at 3am. A lot of people on FH got annoyed as it simply spoiled the effort they had put in at primetime. Even a fair few albs got sick of it after a while and so CM stopped the relic raids. They did not stop running at late times but they found there were other things to do even RvR wise.

Ultimately players want the game to be fun and want it to go on for as long as possible. Therefore doing things that just frustrates and causes people to stop having fun seems to defeat the object.

Personally I think the game could operate RvR wise without relics. People do not need them to go into RvR and that would take away one massive area of contention.

It all comes down to how much people think of others as well as themselves. It all comes down to a bit of thought and the greater good.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Gandelf wrote:You see, although I personally bear a grudge against those who participate in AC Raids, on the other hand we have to take into account those players whose normal hours of real-life work and play differ from the normal "9 to 5" work routine.

What if you are someone who works unsociable hours? In other words, those who perhaps start work at say, 6pm and finish at around 2.30am in the morning, eat, then spend a few hours on the computer, before going to bed at around 8.30am. Should such a person be prevented from doing relic raids? Now supposing there were a group of players in the same situation who decided to do a relic raid in the early hours of the morning, i.e. at a time that was normal for them to be awake and playing on their computers. Would that be wrong? Because they pay subscriptions, surely they're fully entitled to play the game without any restrictions, just as anyone else would? If AC Raids are deemed by the majority to be against the spirit of the game, then aren't we discriminating against those who work unsociable hours?
Suppose you buy a house/flat/whatever in an area of very dense housing. The people who buy the house next door "start work at say, 6pm and finish at around 2.30am in the morning, eat, then spend a few hours" listening to extremely loud music", before going to bed at around 8.30am." How do you (& the other 800 residents trying to sleep at the time) react? I mean, they work unsocial hours & they paid for their house?

Do you all think sod it I don't want to be discriminatory against people with unsocial working hours & all sell up & move out? No of course you don't. You contact the authorities & ask them to get the people to stop. But what if the authorities say "sorry but these people work unsocial hours & have paid for their house & they're entitled to listen to extremely loud music whenever it suits them & if you don't like it you can just bugger off"?
What then?
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

OohhoO wrote:But what if the authorities say "sorry but these people work unsocial hours & have paid for their house & they're entitled to listen to extremely loud music whenever it suits them & if you don't like it you can just bugger off"?
What then?

That's when I go round to next door with a sawn-off shotgun. ;)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”