pry.net=dead?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

Banana wrote: Seeing so much badness can desensitise you to the lowbie bad stuff so ou dont notice anything wrong :)
so ...
the P**** word is lowbie bad stuff?
O.o
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

OohhoO wrote:so ...
O.o
nah.. can't be... well either that or I have become desensitised!
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

This is actually down to the principle of choice, consent and having the right to say no.

As a female, I have every reason to feel its important to have the right to say no. Around the world, there are places where they do not respect the right to say no, and we can lose that right all too easily. In this country, there are too many guys who feel they have the right to grope anything they fancy, or do a lot worse. I still remember with satisfaction the scream of agony from a guy I worked with who did not respect my right to say no. The best bit being he didn't dare say what had happened, but had to pretend he fell over a chair.

I have come across guys who did not respect peoples right to say no in a previous game. The prime example being a guy who bought serial accounts so he could broadcast his sexual fantasies in game. These being sufficiently revolting I don't think I dare even outline them here. He got a thrill out of forcing his sexual fantasies on people who did not want to read them.

I respect people's right to post anything they like in the 18+ section. I have never queried anything there and would never do so.

The forum rules are that stuff over a certain limit goes in the 18+ section not general. I expect that rule to be respected without sniping at people who wish to choose what sexual content they view. If in the opinion of a mod that is arrogant, then its definitely time to leave.

One thing I would point out. Sometimes a sexual post can appear a lot more offensive to one sex than the other. Banana is also right about you getting desensitised. You guys are very used to posting this stuff, gradually getting more extreme. I've had male friends look at this forum and be quite shocked at what is posted here compared to forums they use.

Banana has done a great job for this forum, and I appreciate her efforts. She is indeed one of nature's saints and incorruptable.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:If in the opinion of a mod that is arrogant, then its definitely time to leave.
But I thought you'd already gone?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:Uhuh and computer games make people kill people too so we better all stop playing them.
oh stop that :p

you have no idea the amount of anger i have for Jack Thompson for spreading that load of lies :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

OohhoO wrote:so ...
O.o
yes

lowbie as its a word that (unfortunatly) peope use alot.
however - think of this forum as well..

Would you say that to your mother/aunt/sister (instert any female relative)?

seriously thing that is confuzzling regarding this is not that it was edited as there was a reason for that but that people are actually argueing against the edit and cant understand why it happened?
I mean whats happening here?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Kallima wrote:This is actually down to the principle of choice, consent and having the right to say no.

As a female, I have every reason to feel its important to have the right to say no. Around the world, there are places where they do not respect the right to say no, and we can lose that right all too easily. In this country, there are too many guys who feel they have the right to grope anything they fancy, or do a lot worse. I still remember with satisfaction the scream of agony from a guy I worked with who did not respect my right to say no. The best bit being he didn't dare say what had happened, but had to pretend he fell over a chair.
go gurrl :D
One thing I would point out. Sometimes a sexual post can appear a lot more offensive to one sex than the other. Banana is also right about you getting desensitised. You guys are very used to posting this stuff, gradually getting more extreme. I've had male friends look at this forum and be quite shocked at what is posted here compared to forums they use.

Banana has done a great job for this forum, and I appreciate her efforts. She is indeed one of nature's saints and incorruptable.
im not a saint ^^ far from it :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Banana wrote:yes

lowbie as its a word that (unfortunatly) peope use alot.
however - think of this forum as well..

Would you say that to your mother/aunt/sister (instert any female relative)?

seriously thing that is confuzzling regarding this is not that it was edited as there was a reason for that but that people are actually argueing against the edit and cant understand why it happened?
I mean whats happening here?
How can you think Jack Thompson is such an idiot and get so angry at his comments when he feels he's right yet at the same time not comprehend that people may feel the same about your censorship and belief that somehow a comment will corrupt people and that they hence need to be protected from it?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:How can you think Jack Thompson is such an idiot and get so angry at his comments when he feels he's right yet at the same time not comprehend that people may feel the same about your censorship and belief that somehow a comment will corrupt people and that they hence need to be protected from it?
well

there is an over 18+ forum

this is the under 18 (general age) forum

why should people feel it nessecary to say 18+ examples when there is a perfectly nice forum in which you can say whatever you wish?

If there wasnt an 18+ forum then yea - i can understand there being upsettedness over not fairness etc
but there is
and the people who dont wish to read 18+ stuff have no where else to go should the distinction not be made.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Xest wrote:How can you think Jack Thompson is such an idiot and get so angry at his comments when he feels he's right yet at the same time not comprehend that people may feel the same about your censorship and belief that somehow a comment will corrupt people and that they hence need to be protected from it?
oh and the reason jack thompson winds me up is the fact hes a lawyer from a law school (not a night school) and should know better.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”