NWN 2, a nice surprice!

General discussion of other games, especially upcoming MMORPG's.
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Well as I said earlier we have different taste, to me there are no RPG's who comes even close to the once I mentioned.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Torment was sheer class, esp when you try it for the second time as a mage, the bit i really remember was the library of emotions, an amazing idea and done really well.

Im impressed by nwn2 it feels a lot nicer and realistic then nwn did, companion a.i. could be better but i found after disabling them using items it was a lot better.

Best game is still Star Control 2 however. <grins>
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Aran_Thule wrote:Torment was sheer class, esp when you try it for the second time as a mage, the bit i really remember was the library of emotions, an amazing idea and done really well.

Im impressed by nwn2 it feels a lot nicer and realistic then nwn did, companion a.i. could be better but i found after disabling them using items it was a lot better.

Best game is still Star Control 2 however. <grins>

Aah finally someone with good taste haha ;D

Yeah, Torment was great, the story and everything about that game just made it so you almost felt like actually being there.

As you say the AI aint the greatest, but as you can still use Puppy mode it dosent matter to much, that how I played most other games neways, giving all separate commands at every fight, still it would be nice if they did afew things well themsefl, hopefully they will update the AI, well Im sure they will as they are really good at answering their fans/communities wishes.

I have played NWN 2 for awhile now, and it's very good tbh, can't really say for sure until I have finished it how good it is, but I really like it so far ;D
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Loved playing through NWN1 coop until we got to the bit where you're in the foresty area after leaving the city, from there it just got dull, too much boring running round.

Will try NWN2 sometime but gonna play through the entire Zelda series again in a few weeks when the Wii is out so not sure I'll have time anytime soon as I have other games and various assignments to finish!
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Xest wrote:Loved playing through NWN1 coop until we got to the bit where you're in the foresty area after leaving the city, from there it just got dull, too much boring running round.

Will try NWN2 sometime but gonna play through the entire Zelda series again in a few weeks when the Wii is out so not sure I'll have time anytime soon as I have other games and various assignments to finish!

Will buy Zelda also, one of the reasons I still buy Nintendos Consoles is Zelda tbh, and few others, but I have played all Zelda games, haveing high hopes for this one though as I hope it will be darker then all previous versions.

Never really liked consoles much otherwise as they will always be beind in Graphics etc, so only reason I usually get Nintendos is for Games Like Zelda that can only be played there, no point playing a game on a consol, that you can play on a PC with better Graphics, and usually most games are much better to play with keyboard and mouse =D

As I play so consoles so seldom I aint sure I will buy the Wii though, last Zelda is comming to Gamecube also.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Only time I buy a console is if there's one game that particularly catches my eye, with the 360 it was Kameo but tbh I've become totally hooked on my 360 and play it far more than my PC now!

Zelda (and to some extent Mario) games are definitely the games that convinced me to buy the last few Nintendo consoles. Thing I like about the Wii is the virtual console where you'll be able to play all the old Zelda and Mario games (along with some megadrive and other systems games, Sonic, Ecco the Dolphin etc.) as well as it being able to play all my Gamecube games.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Nedo
Emerald Rider

Post by Nedo »

I will punish you all an give Aldain a hint on this thread ^^ Beware his RPG essays are incoming! Should keep Ankh busy for upcoming weeks ;)

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Replayed the Fallout & Baldurs Gates series recently. I'd forgotten how immersive both of them were & after a while you don't even notice the out dated graphics (Fallout Tactics didn't stay on my pc for long though). Game play really is more important than gfx it seems (well at least for me). I'd forgotten all about Planescape Torment, think I'll have to go & buy that one again.

Tried the Elder Scrolls & never really got into it. Looked pretty but I think there's a part of me that says rpgs should be played in the 3rd person (too much time spent looking at miniatures in my youth I'd wager).

Does anyone remember Icewind Dale & the other spin off from BG? They didn't seem to last long & were pretty dire iirc.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Genedril wrote:(Fallout Tactics didn't stay on my pc for long though).

Does anyone remember Icewind Dale & the other spin off from BG? They didn't seem to last long & were pretty dire iirc.
I think i've got everything that has to do with BG - including icewind dale and its expansion.

Btw, Fallout Tactics suck in singleplayer - but its one of the best multiplayer games i've ever played.

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

[quote="Nedo"]I will punish you all an give Aldain a hint on this thread ^^ Beware his RPG essays are incoming! Should keep Ankh busy for upcoming weeks ]

lol :D

Edit: Would be nice to see what he's got to say, but everyone still have their own view on whats good or bad - or what should be concidered to be an rpg or not. Personally I will gladly read what he says, but this discussion has been made far too many times for me to argue :)

/Ankh

Return to “Other Games”