pry.net=dead?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Yea, its all cash cash cash. Mmm, Bush is in oil, I wonder how much oil was consumed by the US military that was purchased directly or indirectly from oil companies within which Bush and the rest of the administration have links with.

Concur with the revenge thing as well, its this huge I win situation for them. Bad men seeking money, influence and power, they even believe their god is on their side.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cromcruaich wrote:Yea, its all cash cash cash. Mmm, Bush is in oil, I wonder how much oil was consumed by the US military that was purchased directly or indirectly from oil companies within which Bush and the rest of the administration have links with.

Concur with the revenge thing as well, its this huge I win situation for them. Bad men seeking money, influence and power, they even believe their god is on their side.
And then their most famous reverend who is opposed to anything gay and gay marriage has to admit he is of the gay (sorry russel peters made it impossible to say that sentence any other way)
finland:
holland:

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

It's very easy to point fingers... and to point them at whoever is the most trendiest person for having fingers pointed at at any particular time. Everyone's got a point of view and some of the users of this forum have expressed them in the last several pages of posts on this thread. The truth is that none of us have a clue about anything really. We all come up with theories and opinions that are just based on propaganda, half-truths and bits and pieces that have been mis-heard/misunderstood when out having a few bevvies one night with some friends at the local pub. Unless you have personal first-hand experience and have conducted extensive research, chances are you're probably more wrong than right. It doesn't necessarily follow that popular opinion is the truth... as a number of you pointed out to me in another (very long) thread, at one time people thought the Earth was flat. At one time, that was the popular opinion and of course we now know that it was incorrect.

I'm not saying that anyone is wrong in this instance, but that sometimes we are all victims of mass propaganda. Is America really the evil nation that so many people make it out to be, or is it just trendy to blame the US for everything that is wrong in the world? Is Bush the devil incarnate? etc. etc. All I know is that I like my Western lifestyle and I like it the way that it is. I have freedom and I don't feel oppressed. I have to admit (as I suspect that almost everyone else reading this will agree) that I'm more in favour of preserving my Western lifestyle than adopting a middle-Eastern lifestyle. The US gave us DAoC after all (and a whole lot of other things we take for granted). If we're so opposed to the US what are we doing lining the pockets of American executives with our hard-earned cash? Or are we being plain two-faced?

EDIT: I'm not saying that the US is right or is better than any other country, but rather that it's no less guilty than any other country and that we blame the US disproportionally.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote:IIf we're so opposed to the US what are we doing lining the pockets of American executives with our hard-earned cash? Or are we being plain two-faced?

EDIT: I'm not saying that the US is right or is better than any other country, but rather that it's no less guilty than any other country and that we blame the US disproportionally.
We're not blaming every US citizen, we're blaming the ones who voted for their current goverment. It's Mr.Bush who is responsible for everything, and imo they might aswell let him hang right next to Saddam.

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...let's see what happens now that the demokrats have turned Bush into a lame duck :)

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:It's very easy to point fingers... and to point them at whoever is the most trendiest person for having fingers pointed at at any particular time.
This is rather nonsensical, Bush started causing problems before the finger pointing, the finger pointing is a result of all the things Bush has done wrong, if he hadn't done much wrong there'd be no finger pointing to be done - trendiness has absolutely nothing to do with it.
Gandelf wrote:The truth is that none of us have a clue about anything really.
Speak for yourself. Some of us actually research stuff rather than believing stuff blindly.
Gandelf wrote:We all come up with theories and opinions that are just based on propaganda, half-truths and bits and pieces that have been mis-heard/misunderstood when out having a few bevvies one night with some friends at the local pub.
But the point is if you listen to enough propaganda from both sides and combine this with the facts you can start to separate the signal from the noise and get a very strong picture of what's really happening. This is the miracle of the internet, everyone can publish, whether they're a Western hating Muslim sat deep in Iran or a religious George Bush supporting zealot from Kentucky - it means media from either side can't just get away with publishing propaganda and people being left with no choice but to believe it because people can now hear what the other side has to say to.
Gandelf wrote:It doesn't necessarily follow that popular opinion is the truth...
I'm glad you realise this and people like me and Crom are pointing exactly this out - that popular opinion amongst people who do only allow themselves to be influenced by the more biased Western media is extremely flawed and tricked into believing things that simply don't make sense when you look at the actual facts.
Gandelf wrote:I'm not saying that anyone is wrong in this instance, but that sometimes we are all victims of mass propaganda.
Only if we allow ourselves to be.
Gandelf wrote:Is America really the evil nation that so many people make it out to be, or is it just trendy to blame the US for everything that is wrong in the world?
But we're not blaming America as a whole however we are blaming the majority of Americans, pretty much the same majority that voted Bush in and especially those idiotic enough to vote him in a second time. Many people don't care anymore when they hear about the thousands of innocent Iraqi's dying as a result of the war on Iraq, yet if a few hundred American's were to be killed by a suicide bomb somewhere in the US as a result of the war on Iraq they'd suddenly expect the whole world to care - and that's the core problem, many American's think that they are worth more than other people, say, Iraqis. As another example I was in Prague earlier this year and went on a tour of the city during the day, we had 2 Americans on the tour, stereotypical arrogant fat Texans and at the end of the tour they tipped the poor tour guide with $5 US dollars as if they were honoring her by giving her some useless currency but then at least it gave me chance to put them in their place - I said to her I'll tell you what, I'll double that and gave her £5 referring to the 1.92 US dollars to the pound exchange rate at the time, I'm sure she'd have been able to exchange it at least.
Gandelf wrote:All I know is that I like my Western lifestyle and I like it the way that it is. I have freedom and I don't feel oppressed. I have to admit (as I suspect that almost everyone else reading this will agree) that I'm more in favour of preserving my Western lifestyle than adopting a middle-Eastern lifestyle.
Indeed, but ironically middle-Eastern people would rather preserve their lifestyle also, it's just a shame the likes of Bush and Blair wont let them eh?
Gandelf wrote:The US gave us DAoC after all (and a whole lot of other things we take for granted). If we're so opposed to the US what are we doing lining the pockets of American executives with our hard-earned cash? Or are we being plain two-faced?
Certainly are being two faced if you hate all of America and everyone in it but as has been pointed out that's not the case and amazingly you can separate the US up quite well, all the democrat favouring states are the ones that actually provides us with these technological wonders, the North East and the West, it's very possible therefore to like the democrat voting states, like the things they provide whilst hating the Bush voting states which are for the most part full of uneducated rednecks and religious zealots which provide nothing. Check these two:

and for state names:

It's also no coincidence that the blue (democrat) states are the ones that are generally better educated, you only have to look at where universities like UCLA, MIT, Princeton, Harvard, Cornell, Yale, Stanford, Berkeley etc. are located in the US to see the correlation. Check this list of the top US universities to see where they're located.
Gandelf wrote:I'm not saying that the US is right or is better than any other country, but rather that it's no less guilty than any other country and that we blame the US disproportionally.
Really? I don't see that many countries invading others with no good reason. The US is absolutely not blamed disproportionately, it's blamed as much as arab nations like Iran because it's as much to blame as arab nations like Iran in causing and fuelling the whole Al Qaeda thing.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Xest wrote:Stuff.

All you've done is proven my point. Everything that you've quoted is just propanda you've found on the Internet. I challenge you to publish your own impirical research on the forum, i.e. first hand research, not second-hand garbage that anyone who uses Google can find.

OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME

Yeah right... pull the other one, it's got bells on... Mr. Know-it-all speaks again.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Gandelf wrote:All you've done is proven my point. Everything that you've quoted is just propanda you've found on the Internet. I challenge you to publish your own impirical research on the forum, i.e. first hand research, not second-hand garbage that anyone who uses Google can find.

Yeah right... pull the other one, it's got bells on... Mr. Know-it-all speaks again.
Thats pretty poor Gand. Please specifically say which points are propoganda put about by anti Bush sentimentlists? Im sick of sweeping statements with no substance.

Wanna try that impirical research approach on your religious beliefs?
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Gandelf wrote:All you've done is proven my point. Everything that you've quoted is just propanda you've found on the Internet. I challenge you to publish your own impirical research on the forum, i.e. first hand research, not second-hand garbage that anyone who uses Google can find.

k that was a tad harsh gandelf.
Please calm down.
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Cromcruaich wrote:Wanna try that impirical research approach on your religious beliefs?
no need for that...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”