Jesus Camp Trailer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Kallima wrote:Science may not start wars

...but it can end wars with dramatic consequences!

Science brought about the greatest loss of life in one single moment of human history. The atom bomb is the conclusive proof! It wasn't religion that destroyed Hiroshima, but science! Without science the atom bomb would not have been created! No other thing (barring natural disasters) in the whole of history as destroyed so many human lives in as short a time as the atom bomb.

Science therefore is the instrument by which more evil can be perpetrated at any moment in time than any other thing.

That's food for thought... and undeniable! Evil science. Good religion!

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

People trying to explain their religion makes me smile =]

fact is people turned to religion when they were scared and answers about aspects of life they didnt understand, thousands of years ago. nowadays we have science , religion in obselete is many peoples eyes. I wouldnt get annoyed at religion if it kept itself to itself , but it impacts on all of us in modern day society

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Yeah your right - would have been better if science had made it rain frogs and turned the water into blood. Frogs dropping from high altitude - alot of frogs dead (What had the frogs done wrong?). Try and grow plants or drink blood instead of water - and you will get really sick or die. (the plants wont really survive with blood). And not to forget the darkness to kill the plants..I can't remember the rest what your god was supposed to have done to punish the egypths - but Im sure you know the rest of the story.

Edit: Not to forget Sodom & Gomorra. Its pretty impressive tbh.. "turn the other cheek" doesnt include God himself. With him its more like obey or else!

/Ankh

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Gandelf wrote:...but it can end wars with dramatic consequences!

Science brought about the greatest loss of life in one single moment of human history. The atom bomb is the conclusive proof! It wasn't religion that destroyed Hiroshima, but science! Without science the atom bomb would not have been created! No other thing (barring natural disasters) in the whole of history as destroyed so many human lives in as short a time as the atom bomb.

Science therefore is the instrument by which more evil can be perpetrated at any moment in time than any other thing.

Never mind bombs, remember that Tsunami shit god pulled a few years back. 250,000 dead, 3 million? homeless, loss of livelyhood etc etc.

That's one mean muthafucka u pray to. rolleyes:
look, no hands!

Now retired

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Mojo wrote:Never mind bombs, remember that Tsunami **** god pulled a few years back. 250,000 dead, 3 million? homeless, loss of livelyhood etc etc.

That's one mean mutha****a u pray to. rolleyes:

So now you are acknowledging that God exists? There's hope for you yet! ;)

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

[quote="Gandelf"]So now you are acknowledging that God exists? There's hope for you yet! ]

Haha :p
look, no hands!

Now retired

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

<ankh> wrote:Yeah your right - would have been better if science had made it rain frogs and turned the water into blood. Frogs dropping from high altitude - alot of frogs dead (What had the frogs done wrong?). Try and grow plants or drink blood instead of water - and you will get really sick or die. (the plants wont really survive with blood). And not to forget the darkness to kill the plants..I can't remember the rest what your god was supposed to have done to punish the egypths - but Im sure you know the rest of the story.

Edit: Not to forget Sodom & Gomorra. Its pretty impressive tbh.. "turn the other cheek" doesnt include God himself. With him its more like obey or else!

/Ankh

Actually, rainfalls of animals are a confirmed meteorological phenomenon...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals

Of course, scientists would say that it wasn't God that caused frogs to rain down on Egyptians, but that it was a natural phenomenon that had a scientific explanation.

It annoys me how people who don't believe in God, drag up stories from holy scripture in an attempt to discredit religion. If they don't believe in God, then they cannot accept religion as being divinely inspired, but rather the result of how mankind has evolved to such an extent that religions have formed. As such, when scientists point the finger at religion, they are in fact condemning themselves. Remember, when you point the finger there are three pointing back at yourself!

I still say that science has invented a weapon that has caused greater loss of life in any one SINGLE moment of human history than any religion has.

The words "pipe, that, in, smoke, stick, your, and, it" spring to mind (but not necessarily in that order)!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:...but it can end wars with dramatic consequences!

Because of course 75,000 deaths in an instance is far more brutal than thousands of years of barbaric torture where millions have been killed through horrific means in the name of religion. At least hiroshima was quick, unlike the gruesome slow torturous deaths which were far greater in number. Not to mention that should god exist, he created man and is also therefore responsible for the hiroshima bomb, that's one hell of a sick, evil god.

It's pretty obvious that should deities of any type exist that christianity and the bible would be tools of satan and anyone beleiving in them are immensly gullable in falling for hell's tools of destruction.

That's food for thought..... undeniable evil that is religion, has brought nothing but torture, pain, suffering and death.

Personally I'd rather be obliterated in an instance by a nuclear explosion because my country had gone to war needlessly with another country and been responsible for some horrific atrocities than having to bleed to death slowly or be stoned to death etc. because I didn't agree with some religious thing.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Gandelf wrote:Actually, rainfalls of animals are a confirmed meteorological phenomenon...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals

Of course, scientists would say that it wasn't God that caused frogs to rain down on Egyptians, but that it was a natural phenomenon that had a scientific explanation.
Not sure what your point with this is, the bible does say that god made it happen..correct? So if he did (and still does from time to time) can you please explain why these animals have to die? Did they quack in the wrong tone? Ate one too many flies? I knew about the meteorological phenomen already..but that has nothing to do with what I said.

Killing someone in the name of religious is just a way of trying to blame your guilt on somebody else.

/Ankh

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Meteorological phenomenon being a hurricane ofc.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Off Topic”