Jesus Camp Trailer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Actually its a similar thought to the one I had earlier after looking at FH forum. I was thinking that I don't believe in reincarnation, and hoping I didn't find I was wrong and got reborn as a human being again. After reading FH, I want to be part of a race higher up the evolutionary scale next time.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Kallima wrote:I suggest you debate this after dying, when you may have some personal evidence on life after death and the existence of deities.
Is this the "See, I am right, when u die i will prove it to you" Argument.

I can imagine lots of dead people saying "Told you so" to each other.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:Thats a scary thought. An eternity of reading repetitive abusive posts on internet forum. Hell on earth.
Well you seem to enjoy it enough now seeing as you keep coming back to do so :p
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Mojo wrote:You you have used more bad launguage than me. :p
I refuse to belive that even if you quote my posts or send me pictures of it ]/Ankh[/B]

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Mojo wrote:Is this the "See, I am right, when u die i will prove it to you" Argument.

I can imagine lots of dead people saying "Told you so" to each other.

No its more that I died and got rezzed, and the experience influenced my opinions.

I see no reason why my personal experience should influence any one else, and I have no desire to discuss it, but its about the only way to get personal evidence on this sort of thing. Debating the existence of God/Gods, life after death, and all that is pretty useless because there is no evidence that gives us a answer, even if its only 42. The debate is only worthwhile if its a good friendly discussion, if it isn't then why not discuss your favourite cake recipe instead.

People believe what they believe, and their opinions sometimes change drastically at various points in their life, but you will find out for sure when you go there and buy the I am dead T shirt.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:No its more that I died and got rezzed, and the experience influenced my opinions.

I see no reason why my personal experience should influence any one else, and I have no desire to discuss it, but its about the only way to get personal evidence on this sort of thing. Debating the existence of God/Gods, life after death, and all that is pretty useless because there is no evidence that gives us a answer, even if its only 42. The debate is only worthwhile if its a good friendly discussion, if it isn't then why not discuss your favourite cake recipe instead.

People believe what they believe, and their opinions sometimes change drastically at various points in their life, but you will find out for sure when you go there and buy the I am dead T shirt.
Conclusive proof of either a god or scientific theory in our lifetime would answer the debate once and for all too of course. Right now scientific theory has a couple of thousand years lead in the race whilst religious proof is still stuck at the starting line :p

It is a worthwhile debate on a larger scale because religion is a major source of conflict in the world it would go a long way towards acheiving world peace. Even in the case that some god was real it serves the purpose of humanity better that people don't beleive in it or follow religious practices surrounding that religion because it would still prevent many conflicts worldwide hence using scientific theory as the basis for disproving the existence of a god - whether conclusive or not certainly serves a very worthwhile purpose.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Kallima wrote:After reading FH, I want to be part of a race higher up the evolutionary scale next time.
amoeba?

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Ovi wrote:amoeba?
Awww...they are so cute. Abit like kittens!
/Ankh

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Kallima wrote:Debating the existence of God/Gods, life after death, and all that is pretty useless because there is no evidence that gives us a answer, even if its only 42.
So why even if there is no evidence do so many people still readily accept it as a possibilty and use such weak arguments such as prove it isn't so. If it were UFO's or sea monsters up for debate I wonder how many people would give so much credit to them......without ANY supporting evidence.

There are many things that don't give us an answer either way, the only one that still remains credible to many people however is religion.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

<ankh> wrote:I refuse to belive that even if you quote my posts or send me pictures of it ]/Ankh[/B]
;)
look, no hands!

Now retired

Return to “Off Topic”