Jesus Camp Trailer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

<ankh> wrote:Well - if you don't belive it..tough luck.

/Ankh
To be fair I have to agree with them, I'm also pretty sure Islam is the most prominent religion in the world, certainly I've seen it quoted by the BBC a fair few times which is a pretty big international (supposedly non biased) news agency.

Lots of people pretend to be Christian so they can have a nice Church wedding and stuff which REALLY skews the figures ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

If evolution is more than just a theory, then why don't we see any half-breeds in the world? Why does every species seem to be the "final model"? Why is there no half-breed between an ape and a man, or even half Chimp and half Gorilla?

If man is descended from ape and it is the so called "logic" of evolution that we have the survival of the fittest, then why are there still apes and monkeys, because surely, the principal of survival of the fittest would have meant that apes would have become extinct.

There is so much diversity in life, yet in no case will you ever find half-breeds.... which would tend to favour a Creationist point of view.

They still haven't found the "missing link".

How would a plant know how to grow thorns to protect itself? How did certain creates know how to grow wings? If you're about to eaten by a dinosaur, you can't suddenly decide to evolve and grow wings to escape! Evolutionist claim that's all down to natural selection and genetic mishaps, but again that's just theory and unproven. It is more easy for me to believe in creation, because the way the world is suggests it.

There is however, a form of micro-evolution. That is why some races of people have dark hair or dark skin, or slightly different facial features etc. etc, but they are still human. They are not new creatures. Evolutionists can theorise about what sort of fossilised remains are to be found in different strata, but they are till THEORISING. Theory is still theory until it can be backed up by impirical research. So far evolution is still in the category of being a theory. Different colourings on moths is not evidence of macro-evolution, as I say, it's no more than racial differences, but they're still moths.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

So, what about the dinosaurs? did God put them as fossils in the ground when he created the earth? Cause they surely was around long before the time of man.

Is it possible to put a thread on ignore? Cause I'm just not able to stop reading this one and seeing Gandelfs posts just turn my head inside out of pity for him not being able to see something so clear.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...you dismiss those things and still you belive its more possible with a god who "created" everything? A couple of hundreds of years ago we still thought the earth was flat and we burned witches (correction: The church burned them).

My point is - the human race is still pretty young, during the 20th century the scientists have greatly increased our knowledge of everything - but we still need loads time to learn everything. While the church keep throwing their questions at the non-belivers their own "research" only goes as far as asking new questions rather than trying to prove that there really is a god. Just think of it - if we had the technology we got today like 300 years ago or so, im pretty sure we would have more answers by now.

Evolution is a theory - with flaws yes, but its nowhere near the flaws you will find in the bible (where you got your theory from).

<removed one part of this message until I find more info about it>

/Ankh

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Heta wrote:So, what about the dinosaurs? did God put them as fossils in the ground when he created the earth? Cause they surely was around long before the time of man.
Actually, i've heard christians trying to claim that the fossiles were Satans work :D Lol!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_f ... rles.shtml <- interesting reading imo.

/Ankh

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Gandelf still ignores the fact that I am Jesus, which makes me angry.
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I know a guy who tried to convince the Jehovas that he was Jesus when they came to visit him. They got extreamly upset and it even went so far that the older man amongst them 2 tried to hit him but the other one held him back. For some reason the Jehovas never went to visit him again.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Heta wrote:I know a guy who tried to convince the Jehovas that he was Jesus when they came to visit him. They got extreamly upset and it even went so far that the older man amongst them 2 tried to hit him but the other one held him back. For some reason the Jehovas never went to visit him again.
Dont they believe Jesus will come back ?
If they do, why didnt they believe the man? :'(
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Heta wrote:So, what about the dinosaurs? did God put them as fossils in the ground when he created the earth? Cause they surely was around long before the time of man.

Is it possible to put a thread on ignore? Cause I'm just not able to stop reading this one and seeing Gandelfs posts just turn my head inside out of pity for him not being able to see something so clear.

But that's the whole point, if I am so sure in my beliefs as you are yours, it seems to me that we are both in the same boat, albeit diametrically opposed.

If you are the sort of person, like many, who require physical evidence to prove something or to accept it, then if there is a spiritual level of existence, then you will never believe it on the basis of requiring physical evidence. Admittedly, there are cases where there have been observed drops in temperature etc, when people have been searching for ghosts and spirits, so may that is evidence for the supernatural, but that is another matter.

The fact that you are reading this, now, proves that your life has already been touched by Jesus, because I am writing it as a direct result of being a Christian. If someone who was crucified 2,000 years ago can affect the world now, then doesn't that at least make you wan't to look more closely at Christianity and maybe contemplate that there is some truth in it? Incidentally, Christianity is the only faith where the head of the religion willingly allowed himself to be executed for the sake of bringing people closer to God. Surely, that means something?

Maybe, just maybe, God is calling you through this forum to follow him? Maybe, you just need to let go of rationality as you see it and simply believe?

FOS

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Luz wrote:Gandelf still ignores the fact that I am Jesus, which makes me angry.

You aren't Jesus. There, I've stopped ignoring you.

Return to “Off Topic”