Jesus Camp Trailer

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gandelf wrote:It's a personal experience that doesn't need facts. When it happens to you that's all the evidence you need. When it does happen it's a life changing experience. One example is the apostle named Paul (previously named Saul before he was "born-again"). Initially, he was strongly opposed to what the Christians were preaching, so much so that he persecuted them and had many of them executed. Then he had a life changing experience which resulted in him becoming a follower of Christ. You can read about it here:-

Saul's Conversion

As I've said, you don't need facts, just a willingness to 1. Acknowledge that you (like everyone) have committed wrong deeds, or thought them. 2. To acknowledge that Jesus' death on the cross was a one-off sacrifice for the sins of the world. 3. Ask God for forgiveness. 4. Ask for the Holy Spirit to come into your life.

If you're sincere in doing these things, then you will have that "born-again" experience. And that's the whole beauty of it. Anyone can receive it. You don't have to be the world's most intelligent person, or to be able to quote facts to prove the point. It's so simple, but so many people are afraid to do it because of peer pressure and things like that.

It's one of those things that has to experienced. It's beyond explanation and very hard to get across to those who want facts and the science behind it all. That's why Christians sometimes get persecuted because of their message. That's why I fully expect people on this forum to oppose me so much. But like Saul it can happen to even the most staunch opponents. Jesus commanded his disciples to preach the Gospel to the whole world, that is why I'm doing it here. In some countries it's very dangerous to preach the Gospel, because of the way things are, but that doesn't stop Christians from doing it, because it's down to freedom of speech and doing as Jesus commanded.

It's the simple truth.
Yeah but I did this science experiment once man, I like put some chemicals into some water and this writing formed and it said "Religion is all a lie, science is fact", you can't really understand this until you do the experiment and see for yourself that religion is completely false, you've just gotta trust me on this and renounce your faith as this undeniable proof shows that religion is nothing but a lie.

You just need willingness to embrace science and do the experiment yourself to see it first hand that all religions are complete and utter lies.

It's just plain fact, you can't deny it.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Heta wrote:I don't know why, but I'm just not able to even grasp the thought how its possible for someone to actually believe something like that. I guess I'm as a strong believer on the opposite that some are at it.
Brainwashing :p

As has been said already, it's the same scale of brainwashing that leads people to blow themselves up and think it's okay to kill civilians in the name of their god.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

What are you trying to tell me?

Is it wrong to go out on the town and kill people cause they think different then me?
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Heta wrote:What are you trying to tell me?

Is it wrong to go out on the town and kill people cause they think different then me?
here's a few you can kill if you like
Leviticus, chapter 20 wrote: If a man commits adultery with the wife of his neighbour, both the adulterer and the adulteress shall be put to death. The man who lies with his father’s wife has uncovered his father’s nakedness]
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

What do you mean I need to wait 14 days to get a gun?

I'm angry now!!!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

Heta wrote:What do you mean I need to wait 14 days to get a gun?

I'm angry now!!!
No not really, here get one this way
Mark 11:24 wrote:"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

What I would like to know is - why do you consider your religion to be THE religion and how are we to belive you when you don't have any real way of proving it.
Gandelf wrote:I know you (and no doubt many others) will now go on to say that I am talking a load of bull**** and flame me etc, etc, but that just proves even more to me that you (and they) are not yet "born-again" and therefore are unable to speak with any authority. I would not be so arrogant to presume that my faith is stronger than anyone elses, but I believe what I believe, and if I cannot (or am not allowed to) speak what I know to be the truth, then where is freedom of speech?
Btw, I havent flamed you so stop accusing me for doing so. I didnt say anything about bullshit either.
Gandelf wrote:That's why there is a great chasm of difference between those who say they are "Christian" just because they live in a "Christian" country and those who really are.
So what makes your "path" more true than the rest? Are you trying to tell me that the other houndreds of million on the list below are being mislead and are wrong? And even though it says 2.1 billion Christians - one should not forget the statement you made that some people apparently claim to be christians but according to you they arent. I can assure you that on the list below there are houndreds of million who will say the EXACT same thing that you just did - only difference is that they will claim that YOU are wrong. So please Gandelf, help me understand. And no, no more of this "you cannot understand until you've experienced it" for once I would like proper proof. I also would like you to keep the bible out of this and use your own experience and words for once.
Wikipedia wrote: 1. Christianity 2.1 billion (edit: And according to you dear Gandelf, this number is apparently wrong)
2. Islam 1.3 billion
3. Secular/Atheist/Irreligious/Agnostic/Nontheist 1.1 billion
4. Hinduism 900 million
5. Buddhism 708 million (see also Buddhism by country)
6. Chinese folk religion 394 million
7. Primal indigenous ("Pagan") 300 million
8. African traditional and diasporic 100 million
9. Sikhism 23 million
10. Juche 19 million
11. Spiritism 15 million
12. Judaism 14 million
13. Bahá'í Faith 7 million
14. Jainism 4.2 million
15. Shinto 4 million (see below)
16. Cao Dai 4 million
17. Zoroastrianism 2.6 million
18. Tenrikyo 2 million
19. Neo-Paganism 1 million
20. Unitarian Universalism 800,000
21. Rastafari movement 600,000

Christianity encompasses many different denominations but the statistics in the source for this document consider them all together for the purposes of analysis.
Edit: Had to edit it abit, noticed that I had put some words/text at the wrong place :D

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Gandelf wrote: It's beyond explanation and very hard to get across to those who want facts and the science behind it all. T
Give it a shot. No request for facts or science, just an explanation of your belief.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

...and just ignore the ones who "Flame" you. Cos so far the majority havent flamed you in this thread. Its not flaming just because people doubt what you say or don't agree.

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

What about the flying spaghetti monster ankh?

http://flyingspaghettimonster.org/

Also gand, have you started reading 'the age of reason' yet?
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Off Topic”