My Proposal for /level...

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gandelf

My Proposal for /level...

Post by Gandelf »

At present, players with level 50 characters may use /level to get to level 20 instantly.
Fair enough. Is it really that good though, because getting to level 20 is easy anyway without /level?

My proposal for /level is this:-

/level to level 20 should be removed. Instead, players with a level 50 character would level normally from levels 1-40. At level 40, the /level command kicks in if you already have a level 50 character. You then use /level to get to level 50 instantly.

No more grind from 40-50, but a reward for those who already have a level 50 character. If you choose not to /level at 40, then you carry on levelling as normal and when you reach level 41 you lose the automatic /level to 50.

What do you think?

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

from level 40-50 is a good way to get loads of money - so even if you do have a lvl 50 already you do get some reward apart from getting another lvl 50.
Imo remove the /level command fully.

/Ankh

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

I think they should just enhance the free level system. Everyone with a level 50 gets a 2nd free level every 4-5 days.

However, it is a bad sign when devs put in rules to help people bypass the game :p.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Craft
Emerald Rider

Post by Craft »

6 hours at fins = level 20 -> 40 in about six hours :D
Xest wrote:What's wrong with worms, have you ever tried to kill one? every time you try and cut it in half it becomes twice as hard to kill and over and over until you have an army of partial worms.

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

best idea yet tbh <looks stunned>
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

good idea but get rid of the 1-5 bit..that part IS annoying...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

40 to 50 takes as long (about) as 1-40. I guess the proposal is there so new players have somebody to group with? But then theyd be left with a hole for the harder slog from 40-50.

Remove it completely, problem is that new players need more help leveling than ones with a 50 on their account - so perhaps its new players without a 50 who should get a bonus (decrease in free level period or xp multiplier - possibly class based, so hard to level classes get bigger multiplier), not those with a 50!

*rereading it looks like a pitch just to give a better bonus to players with 50's. The point about new players not having anyone to level with 40-50 still stands, but also I think you should have to pay for your level 50s, you should have to get the xp to get there.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cromcruaich wrote:40 to 50 takes as long (about) as 1-40. I guess the proposal is there so new players have somebody to group with? But then theyd be left with a hole for the harder slog from 40-50.

Remove it completely, problem is that new players need more help leveling than ones with a 50 on their account - so perhaps its new players without a 50 who should get a bonus (decrease in free level period or xp multiplier - possibly class based, so hard to level classes get bigger multiplier), not those with a 50!

*rereading it looks like a pitch just to give a better bonus to players with 50's. The point about new players not having anyone to level with 40-50 still stands, but also I think you should have to pay for your level 50s, you should have to get the xp to get there.
I agree - the new players are the one that needs help.

Edit: But question is - how many new players are there?

/Ankh

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

<ankh> wrote:I agree - the new players are the one that needs help.

Edit: But question is - how many new players are there?

/Ankh
Not a lot for sure, so they need all the encouragement they can get - met one last week funnily enough, but few and far between, which means they should get even more help, not less.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Cromcruaich wrote:Not a lot for sure, so they need all the encouragement they can get - met one last week funnily enough, but few and far between, which means they should get even more help, not less.
Exactly - and they might be more willing to start play DAoC if there are easier ways for them to exp.

/Ankh

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”