English as a universal language

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

you have to understand the otherside.

Most of the calls to customer service are by complete fools..

No wonder they are beaten down into apathy
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Cryn wrote:Call centres, where ever they are located, suffer from the problem of transient/disinterested staff. Noone chooses to be an operator at a call centre for a career, so they have no interest in a job well done and for a lot of them losing their job from a customer complaint would be a blessing.
Used to think the same but I've noticed since a lot of call centres got outsourced, the ones remaining seem pretty good. I've phoned them expecting the worst but got a pretty decent service, Demon only recently outsourced to India and even then not entirely their British call centre was fantastic and still is if you get through to it. Research Machines also run a fantastic English call centre, I've dealt with some others but I just can't remember which.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

English should be manditory for every one everywhere as their first common tounge. However we shouldnt stop them learning their own dialect also.
I can speak 4 tounges well and 3 moderatly well being able to get by with 1 more. There are times when its nice to be able to speak with locals about things and make them feel comfortable in their own countries, afterall you are in their country. The main reason I think every one should know english is to stop certain governments lying to their people. Im not going to list them but we all know who they are. Because their people do not speak english it is possible to spread propaganda about other countries on the tv by falsly translating what is said. This is the same for both directions of course. But if every one spoke english this would be less of a problem.

anywho just my 2c
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Eclipse internet support centre is absolutely outstanding
Also Rackspace phone support is out of this world.

Set that against outsourced call centres and there is no comparison. I no longer use companies with outsourced call centres.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Cromcruaich wrote:Set that against outsourced call centres and there is no comparison. I no longer use companies with outsourced call centres.
Same here, I vote with my money in terms of call centres now. If a company doesn't have a UK call centre I wont use it and I make this clear to them if I get opportunity to do so.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Funnily enough, last night I saw an advertisement on the TV for Direct Line Insurance. One of the selling points the company made, was that its call centres are located in the UK!

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Xest wrote:Used to think the same but I've noticed since a lot of call centres got outsourced, the ones remaining seem pretty good. I've phoned them expecting the worst but got a pretty decent service, Demon only recently outsourced to India and even then not entirely their British call centre was fantastic and still is if you get through to it. Research Machines also run a fantastic English call centre, I've dealt with some others but I just can't remember which.
My experiences have been mixed. BT's Glassgow call centre, which are technically their original outsourcing effort, were amazing last time I used them, whereas others (NTL, for example) were truly awful. I suspect that there are both good and bad British and outsourced.
Gandelf wrote:Funnily enough, last night I saw an advertisement on the TV for Direct Line Insurance. One of the selling points the company made, was that its call centres are located in the UK!
I might be thinking of a different ad, but isn't this the one that sayd "We have call centres in the UK"? That's a different claim from "All our call centres are in the UK"
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Cryn wrote:My experiences have been mixed. BT's Glassgow call centre, which are technically their original outsourcing effort, were amazing last time I used them, whereas others (NTL, for example) were truly awful. I suspect that there are both good and bad British and outsourced.

I might be thinking of a different ad, but isn't this the one that sayd "We have call centres in the UK"? That's a different claim from "All our call centres are in the UK"

Maybe. I will have to watch out for it again.

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

I guess what would be good would be independent ratings for call centers.

However, how to pay for something like that :)
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

judas
Emerald Rider

Post by judas »

Xest wrote:Also getting a human isn't the problem, getting a human that has an IQ greater than 5 is the issue.
well cant blame them for trying with outsorceing outside the uk then...
Ultraviolence.
refers to acts of extreme violence
seemingly performed at random,
or with no clear justification

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”