What are you guys reading?

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

[quote="Ovi"]Prydwen.net forums.... plenty of Drama ]

hmm i recall a NS with the name Drizzt Dourden ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Icewind Dale Trilogy is a nice east read and the dragonlance chronicals (auturm-winter-spring) it kind of goes downhill after that. (although i found the test of the twins series entertaining but thats partly because i like the time travel paradox ideas)
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Taardad wrote:I read all the books about Fitz, so that's the Royal assasin and Tawny man series. They make one big story with the liveboat stuff as a seperate story but in the same world.
Good to know; that's what I like so much about Feist. All his books take place in the same 2 worlds and although some of the main characters change (some stay the same) you always get the feeling you are "visiting" a familiar place.

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Aran_Thule wrote: Oh as another matter one of the best reviews i read was about david eddings books, they explained it in such a way that made me laugh.
was something like:
Imagine someone invented cats eyes, brilliant, and impressive,.
Then a few years later they reveal thier latest invention... green cats eyes still useful but not new or impressive and serves the same function.
then a few years later... red cats eyes.... ect
Now change the cats eyes for the belgariad.. mallorian... ect and you get an idea what the books are like.
Techniqally differant and yet effectively the same. <grin>
Well that's the problem with a lot of these saga's; you often get the "been there done that" kinda feeling but if the books are really good I don't really mind :D

Luz
Emerald Rider

Post by Luz »

hum I liked the David Eddings books about Belgarion and whatnot, but I like the Robert Jordan ones more :)
Bah. Lv50s.
Animist, Bard, Druid, Enchanter, Nightshade, Vampiir

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Aran_Thule wrote: Oh as another matter one of the best reviews i read was about david eddings books, they explained it in such a way that made me laugh.
was something like:
Imagine someone invented cats eyes, brilliant, and impressive,.
Then a few years later they reveal thier latest invention... green cats eyes still useful but not new or impressive and serves the same function.
then a few years later... red cats eyes.... ect
Now change the cats eyes for the belgariad.. mallorian... ect and you get an idea what the books are like.
Techniqally differant and yet effectively the same. <grin>
Yeh but, different coloured cats eyes do serve a puropse, like, telling you where the slip roads are... different David Eddings books? Well I suppose you could stack 'em up with a bit of board on top and make a coffee table. :/
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

I realy liked the series "Deverry" that Katharine Kerr created.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

[quote="Ovi"]Prydwen.net forums.... plenty of Drama ]

I did, I said Forgotten Realms earlier :)

Robert Jordans, "Wheel of Time" <- I think Ovi mentioned this one..imo thats a worthless book :P Especially the swedish edition with their silly translations.

/Ankh

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

gifv forgotten realms on audio book!

if you dont like the translations, why not read the english version? and yes, there are some rather silly translations in it I agree on that, I still like it tho.
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Heta wrote:gifv forgotten realms on audio book!

if you dont like the translations, why not read the english version? and yes, there are some rather silly translations in it I agree on that, I still like it tho.
Who said I havent read the english one? I've read the english and only briefly checked the swedish as a mate told me about the bad translation.

The book was imo worthless...

...and i've got forgotten realms audiobooks :D

/ANkh

Return to “Off Topic”