What are you guys reading?

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Feel free to continue, thread cleaned up, flames removed ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Aran_Thule

Post by Aran_Thule »

Have to say Magician by Raymond E Feist is one of the best book out there with a decent world and storyline that spans over several decades.
Very nice. <grin>
Aran Thule, Epic Sniper and Sojourner, Guild leader of the Artisans of Willow(roleplay guild)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

got so many to choose from gona be even harder :p
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Blutark
Emerald Rider

Post by Blutark »

okies heree is one for you NOT to read ..david gemmells "troy" imo it is boring as heck ..and that is me being nice about it
gm of Dark Blade Mercanaries blutark2:
im too cute to die ..too old to live

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Aran_Thule wrote:Have to say Magician by Raymond E Feist is one of the best book out there with a decent world and storyline that spans over several decades.
Very nice. <grin>
Agreed; I read them all and I must say Tolkien eat your heart out...... O.o

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

has it been translated? or only english version available?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Being a true fictional fanatic, i read such books as LOTR, Harry Potter, and the HIS DARK MATERIALS trilogy, by philip pullman (northern lights, the subtle knife, and the amber spyglass) these are superb books and they are currently making a film of them. Other than that id suggest Pratchett, the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy, or any books by Robert Rankin.
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Taardad
Emerald Rider

Post by Taardad »

Satyn wrote:has it been translated? or only english version available?
Yes it is, got the dutch version lying around. He's a pretty famous so you shouldn't have any trouble finding his books in dutch (I didn't).
Other fantasy recommandations are 'song of ice and fire' series by R.R. Martin (fantastic stuff I think, you never know what's going to happen next) and my personal favorit the 'Royal Assasin' series by Robin Hobb, wich is very character based.

You should also try Jupiler's suggestions 'de man die werk vond' and especially 'nog 3 keer slapen en ik word wakker' by Brusselmans. The second one is so funny it's painfull. It's the only dutch writer I can stomac reading so far. Must admit I haven't really tried any others.
Taardad the champion of the Artisans Of Willow

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Satyn wrote:has it been translated? or only english version available?
I suggest you read them in English :D
Always nicer to read the real thing instead of some translation.

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

Taardad wrote:Yes it is, got the dutch version lying around. He's a pretty famous so you shouldn't have any trouble finding his books in dutch (I didn't).
Other fantasy recommandations are 'song of ice and fire' series by R.R. Martin (fantastic stuff I think, you never know what's going to happen next) and my personal favorit the 'Royal Assasin' series by Robin Hobb, wich is very character based.
Gonna try your personal favorite out :D
Always looking for good fantasy books so cheers

Return to “Off Topic”