Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Hrymf wrote:Very wrong that, thats called revenge. And surely just because one person do wrong dont mean you can do the same?

Just because someone scam ingame, dont mean its okay for you to scam also, does it?

Just because someone play retarded in your opinion, it dont really help to play the same way, does it?

And to make a bit silly RL example, just because someone kill your bro, dont mean you can kill that persons bro, does it?
eeerrrr that doesnt make sense at all. And your examples dont have anything to do with the fact that we play a game, in that game we kill the enemy. It has nothing to do with scamming, or playing retarded or killing someone elses brother cos he killed yours.
If i get killed over and over by the same char, i'm going out to find the sucker and take revenge.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote: If i get killed over and over by the same char, i'm going out to find the sucker and take revenge.
...but we all know that you wont succeed and the guy will once again kill you :D

/Ankh

Adianna
Emerald Rider

Post by Adianna »

Lairiodd wrote:A possible rule would be that groups can be locked. You can set a flag that you want to play fg vs fg only. If any member of your group is attacked by another group with this flag set, then both groups are locked. Groups that are already in combat with a group without the flag set cannot be locked. When locked, neither group can be attacked or aided by chars outside the group. This would apply to heals/buffs/rezzes and croc tear ring like effects as well as debuffing / DDing the enemy group. (Hmm, this would mean that buffbots wouldn't be allowed as they are out of group ... so maybe an exception ?).
And it would make the whole RvR idea obsolete. You can have that by going to WoW and make PvP there. That is just what it would be like then.
Adwaenyth - Alathanne - Adianna -=- Face Down / Prydwen-Excalibur

European Time Zones:
http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbr ... ezones/eu/
World Clock - Europe:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/c ... ent=europe

ambera
Emerald Rider

Post by ambera »

Sorry I confused you Satyn. I just said what is true for me.
some players made Agrammon a non adding zone. And that they cant expect everyone to know that. Or to even respect that.
I don't think we do expect everyone to know or respect it. What's got everyone upset is that a guild group who definitely did know it, and claimed to respect it were proved to be lying about the latter.

If people deliberately do something that they know will upset other players, that is griefing. The CoC doesn't cover the specifics, because let's face it, the CoC is about as relevent to the community as the law is to family life. It sets some very basic rules, but figuring out how to actually live is up to you.
Ambera the Heroine
Avery, Thid NS & Potion Monkey
Ascarii the Warden
Animamba, Verdant Ani
Ahoulin, Luri Screamer

long-tailed nanny-o

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

<ankh> wrote:...but we all know that you wont succeed and the guy will once again kill you :D

/Ankh

ofc I wont succeed. I know i suck playing a tank in rvr, but it wont stop me for trying and get my revenge, even if i have to grab Norc by his hair to come help me :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Satyn wrote:eeerrrr that doesnt make sense at all. And your examples dont have anything to do with the fact that we play a game, in that game we kill the enemy. It has nothing to do with scamming, or playing retarded or killing someone elses brother cos he killed yours.
If i get killed over and over by the same char, i'm going out to find the sucker and take revenge.
Sure it makes sense, Gandelf thought it was fair to behave towards others as they behave towards you. Which obviously my examples show can be very much untrue.

Fair have nothing to with the ability to make the same wrongs others do, or taking some sort of revenge.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote:ofc I wont succeed. I know i suck playing a tank in rvr, but it wont stop me for trying and get my revenge, even if i have to grab Norc by his hair to come help me :D
Im glad I had the chance to yell "heal ffs" on ventrilo when we did rvr btw :P

/Ankh

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

<ankh> wrote:Im glad I had the chance to yell "heal ffs" on ventrilo when we did rvr btw :P

/Ankh
you should hear what they yell at me now ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Satyn wrote:even if i have to grab Norc by his hair to come help me :D
then he'd have two kills to his name.. :lol: .. and the grabbing the hair bit concerns me a little... hehehe as they say.. "dont touch the hair babe"
apologies for going off topic.
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Hrymf wrote:Theres a large difference from yelling adder at a person who adds, and to keep insulting and harrashing the person. You can ignore and even report people who do this to you, so thats not really an issue.
Yes you can report people who really can't quit harrassing someone. I think I've only actually reported someone once, because they really did not know when to quit after umpteen requests and umpteen days. Someone who is truly getting their thrills harrassing other people is a different thing than yelling adder.

The point about people yelling things or emoting without thinking, is that if you get too much random insulting going on in the game it may not be an enjoyable thing to play. Why not have a polite conversation, that might get someone to see your point rather than get annoyed at you? People insult without thinking. For example when a full group kills a realm rank 1 person who is solo and unbuffed its just one of those things, standing on the corpse emoting rude at it is something else. No-one can really have a prior grievance against a RR1 enemy. Why do it? I've had a hib emote me. I asked why and was told it was for adding on their fight. So I got them to scroll up and check what had happened. I hadn't attacked. They admitted they had just seen me arrive and started insulting without checking.

This sort of thing does not improve the game for people. In the end, this is a game. I do things I don't particularly enjoy because people pay me money to do them. This game is not for profit. If something is not fun, then is a person immature to leave and do something that is? They may leave and do something else that day, they may quit doing part of the game, or they may quit permanently. And in the end, the community suffers if people leaving outnumber new players.

Its a game, I think it works better to chat to someone rather than insult them, and if you want someone to do something then asking is better than ordering.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”