Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Gahn wrote:To our mods: i do like all of ya folks, but really no need to lick FH mods arses when they are clearly wrong, it only put ya all in a very bad light to us -.-
Well actually I wanted to give Eggy a warning here and say "How does it feel to be the bitch?" but a) I'd get told off b) I've been in his situation so I sympathise somewhat and c) I only wanted to do it for comedy value and so I could be an ass :p I am aware that there are some mods on FH that really are idiots and quite frankly I definetely would give them a taste of their own if they even thought of posting here, but from what I've seen of Eggy in this situation I don't have an issue with his actions thus far, again because I've been in exactly his situation as many of you know and understand that it IS possible to do the right thing even when you're personally involved in an issue although please don't confuse that with me agreeing that Eggy did the right thing, I'm neutral on this one.

On the other hand however, I'm not going against Slayn here either as I've also been the victim of censorship in the case of threads I thought were perfectly valid and it is on, whilst you have to avoid nonsense friends that just end in a downwards spiral of pointless flaming that doesn't go anywhere you also have to realise that it is possible to post controversal and provocative threads that lead to strong debate.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Jarahl,

well to be very honest your doing a great job already! :)

Like I said the eggy thing can be water under the bridge as far as most people are concerned it is the policy that would be of most benefit to talk about. The fact that you did not add for a while shows you guys are having a lot of shit about this and that is very very wrong imo. However the point might be that a) your guild is very big (I am betting its a right laugh as well :)) b) the policy you have (if it is as eggy stated in his personal post) is very very inconsistent.

Paul indicated at the best way to see this already in this thread. Saying you like a 3 way fight and will actively go out and seek it to the detriment of Hibs and Mids is to say you have a policy that is biased and selective. So then complain about the fact that people do add shows that adding and 3 way fights are not always great fun - perhaps that is because when you don't get the jump getting dumped on in the middle of a nice fight can really spoil something good.

As a mid level guild group that really can struggle some nights to have your high rr guild hitting us up the bakside is not a 3 way fight it is a simple massacre. Accidents do happen Jarahl but when you have such an active guild like yours it can go on time after time. In all of this we will not do the same to you not because we respect your policy (note its the policy I am talking about) but because we respect the Mids who are fighting you. It is depressing because I know people from your guild in game and they are a cool bunch it would be nice if that one issue could be sorted out.

Maybe Crom and others can tell you what happened on Pryd a while back and how it was turned around? All you have to do is ask and hopefully people will cut you some slack on the forums and in game.

So to reiterate the policy of only adding on Hibs and Mid fights (as eggy described it) allows you to have the best of both worlds especially when people will not add back. You say that people still do it - it is because of the lack of eveness of the policy and the fact that you as a very large prominent guild do impact on a lot of people.

Of course you pay your subs and of course your great people but the rules by which you govern yourselves can and do suck. Hopefully by saying this in a non flame way you will see that none of this is a personal attack on you or your guild it is an expression of disquiet at a biased policy. I would invite eggy and beeks to come here and chat if they can provide positive input without flames and if they can not take this personally. If you are acting as an ambassador for the guild you are a great example of someone we can share our views with.

None of this means you have to change anything either. I just hope you can see why it can hurt especially more casual people.

kind regards and thanks

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Quinlan wrote:Think banana more ment to keep it civilised. IE no flaming the FH mods as some people have done in this thread, not you. Ofcourse normal discussion arent a problem but refrain from taking it down the drain.
ahh apologies then :)
Na Fianna Dragun

Jarahl
Emerald Rider

Post by Jarahl »

Sharkith wrote:Jarahl,

well to be very honest your doing a great job already! :)

Like I said the eggy thing can be water under the bridge as far as most people are concerned it is the policy that would be of most benefit to talk about. The fact that you did not add for a while shows you guys are having a lot of shit about this and that is very very wrong imo. However the point might be that a) your guild is very big (I am betting its a right laugh as well :)) b) the policy you have (if it is as eggy stated in his personal post) is very very inconsistent.

Paul indicated at the best way to see this already in this thread. Saying you like a 3 way fight and will actively go out and seek it to the detriment of Hibs and Mids is to say you have a policy that is biased and selective. So then complain about the fact that people do add shows that adding and 3 way fights are not always great fun - perhaps that is because when you don't get the jump getting dumped on in the middle of a nice fight can really spoil something good.

As a mid level guild group that really can struggle some nights to have your high rr guild hitting us up the bakside is not a 3 way fight it is a simple massacre. Accidents do happen Jarahl but when you have such an active guild like yours it can go on time after time. In all of this we will not do the same to you not because we respect your policy (note its the policy I am talking about) but because we respect the Mids who are fighting you. It is depressing because I know people from your guild in game and they are a cool bunch it would be nice if that one issue could be sorted out.

Maybe Crom and others can tell you what happened on Pryd a while back and how it was turned around? All you have to do is ask and hopefully people will cut you some slack on the forums and in game.

So to reiterate the policy of only adding on Hibs and Mid fights (as eggy described it) allows you to have the best of both worlds especially when people will not add back. You say that people still do it - it is because of the lack of eveness of the policy and the fact that you as a very large prominent guild do impact on a lot of people.

Of course you pay your subs and of course your great people but the rules by which you govern yourselves can and do suck. Hopefully by saying this in a non flame way you will see that none of this is a personal attack on you or your guild it is an expression of disquiet at a biased policy. I would invite eggy and beeks to come here and chat if they can provide positive input without flames and if they can not take this personally. If you are acting as an ambassador for the guild you are a great example of someone we can share our views with.

None of this means you have to change anything either. I just hope you can see why it can hurt especially more casual people.

kind regards and thanks

Sharkith

Okay from an opponents point of view, you telling me that the reason alot of guilds are adding on Synergy is not because they have added the past, but that our "point of view" regarding 3 way fights doesnt really suit many? If thats the case I will try and pass this on, but as I said I cannot garentee anything.

I can see your points for sure Sharkith, however it is hard for every single person in the community to agree on this thing, and if the majority of Synergy feels that 3 way fights is still fun, there is not really much I or you can do about it im afraid.

Im very much interested in hearing if anyone in the past managed to turn around the insta add thingy on a guild, seeing we get that ALOT in Synergy.

Also on a more personal note, dont always take everything a Synergy member says too seriously, very often we are drunk when posting :D
Regards

Jacob

Retired Hibbie

Brite
Emerald Rider

Post by Brite »

FH is a joke with the modding, i think pryd.net (if its wants to that is) or anyone though i wouldnt prefer pryd.net as it well places to take over from FH by creating new sections similar to FH for all realms, because wth the recent adverts and the complete idiotic nazi modding from the synergy keyboard warriors

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Jarahl wrote:Okay from an opponents point of view, you telling me that the reason alot of guilds are adding on Synergy is not because they have added the past, but that our "point of view" regarding 3 way fights doesnt really suit many? If thats the case I will try and pass this on, but as I said I cannot garentee anything.

I can see your points for sure Sharkith, however it is hard for every single person in the community to agree on this thing, and if the majority of Synergy feels that 3 way fights is still fun, there is not really much I or you can do about it im afraid.

Im very much interested in hearing if anyone in the past managed to turn around the insta add thingy on a guild, seeing we get that ALOT in Synergy.

Also on a more personal note, dont always take everything a Synergy member says too seriously, very often we are drunk when posting :D
lol Jarahl at the drunk posts you can bet I am doing likewise!!

On the majority liking a particular thing - just by sharing that with me you are helping me see some of the dynamics of the guild and how you guys make decisions. Already I am starting to share your perspective. I don't honestly agree with it but I could aks for a compromise.

How about when in certain places you try to work to the no add rule and outside of that area you play as you feel?

I am sure that would already start to build something both your guys and a lot of others will understand.

Like I said all you can do from positive discussion is gain. Not everyone listens but the ones that count do.
Na Fianna Dragun

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Brite wrote:FH is a joke with the modding, i think pryd.net (if its wants to that is) or anyone though i wouldnt prefer pryd.net as it well places to take over from FH by creating new sections similar to FH for all realms, because wth the recent adverts and the complete idiotic nazi modding from the synergy keyboard warriors
Brite that would be better expressed in another thread mate :)
Na Fianna Dragun

Brite
Emerald Rider

Post by Brite »

Sharkith wrote:Brite that would be better expressed in another thread mate :)
yer i couldnt be bothered to read cos im eating and well made some typos i meant would.... and placed.... and well.... probabaly made a few more :p anyway......

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Brite wrote:FH is a joke with the modding, i think pryd.net (if its wants to that is) or anyone though i wouldnt prefer pryd.net as it well places to take over from FH by creating new sections similar to FH for all realms, because wth the recent adverts and the complete idiotic nazi modding from the synergy keyboard warriors
Cut it out, we already said we wont allow ppl to start off like that.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Brite
Emerald Rider

Post by Brite »

Satyn wrote:Cut it out, we already said we wont allow ppl to start off like that.
What do you mean start off like that?

I was banned from FH for posting twice that i was sick of synergys play style and got perma banned for a "virtual war" against synergy months ago, i see nothing has changed in there play style. You even mention the word synergy on FH and its censored straight away..... and the fact that eggy got made a mod just shows how biast it is there, is quite a shame because it used to have a lot of stuff to read, yeh it wasnt all great but atleast there was some good stuff to read, now theres nothing at all and the only way people are going to be able to discuss things is changing forum, simple.

and i did love the posting that video xD as they had no way to argue with that the thread just got locked :)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”