Deleted Thread on FH - read here (concerns Synergy)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Slayn
Emerald Rider

Post by Slayn »

Satyn wrote:As to Slayn, I just finished the closed threads on FH. I understand your frustration but I dont think its my place to voice my opinion on it. Its another mod on another forum which is closely linked to this forum.
I wouldnt like it if I made an action some ppl didnt appreciate that those ppl would try to continue the discussion on another forum. I feel that if you have a problem with a person that you need to discuss that with that person and not just throw it out on a forum to see if you'll have ppl backing you up or not. Cos I think this is what its about. It will only lead to flaming and hassle and I think you'll agree that we dont want that eh :)
I see, I do think it is reasonable to have some solidarity with others cursed with mod status, it's often a thankless task.

Yes I am sooo frustrated atm. And the funny thing is it is 100% about the mod behaviour and 0% about the thing that was modded, which I thought was just something quite funny.

I must say I feel there is a lot of good in the notion of scrutinising those who have any form of defacto power, be they mods, politicians, police, whatever. This is because, although potentially unpleasant for those being scrutinised, it does generally mean they will be more sensitive to acting decently towards those they wield the power over, and will be more careful about not abusing their power. Without even any specific instances, I think this is always a good thing. This is where I most fundamentally disagree with the FH mods.

I'm not asking you to give your opinion or take sides. I just want to make clear that I am not on some personal mission to badmouth anyone, I just wanted to express the above sentiments.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

[quote="Penlid"]Actually thank god nobody can share PM's about me, then you will all know that i'm a convicted gay boy! Woops! ]

But plz stop sending me those pics m8, it gets scary ;)
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

okay...

slayn = woddy allen/author
synergy = the annoying professor?

kewl :)

btw you dont end your posts like you used to :(

miss the /war out thingy :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

[quote="Thandruil"]But plz stop sending me those pics m8, it gets scary ]
Darn! Ya kept saying nice, so i thought you wanted more :'(
Inactive

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

being a mod is a thankless task and gives more hassle than pleasures. But its something we want to be so its something we take with the job.
I've done some things as a mod that I shouldnt have done, but i'm only human after all so its normal to make mistakes.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Penlid wrote:Darn! Ya kept saying nice, so i thought you wanted more :'(
send me more please! :D

oh wait ... i wont get any :( i'm female :(
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i dont :p
i just like doing the smilies :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Satyn wrote:send me more please! :D

oh wait ... i wont get any :( i'm female :(
I can't ! I'm at college :p
Inactive

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Penlid wrote:I can't ! I'm at college :p
well i'm off to the beach so send them when you get home :bunneh:
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

FH have a COC rule about complaining about people adding when you are rvring.
FH COC wrote: Add on my fight whinage.

Another annoying trend. The rules have nothing whatsoever that says a solo player cannot attack an enemy of his/her realm, so get over it. Threads of this nature will be closed without warning.
This is likely the official reason for the thread locking. The fact that it appears to have been locked by someone who is involved in the disagreement is a conflict of interests. We have a rule that in such situations, the mod should ask someone else to decide on the locking. FH also seems to have a similar rule as Eggy said he had consulted with Film about it.

Maybe it would be worth PM-ing Film directly about it and say that you feel that there is a conflict of interest or something. Also, you could point out that your second post was intended to be about the general point ... though giving a link to the locked thread doesn't help that point. You could also say that your point isn't about adding per say, but the fact that someone lied on the forums and you showed proof of it (and the rarity :) ).

However, the first thread probably should have been locked according to their COC, so not sure how much help that is.

It is pretty normal for threads that are an attempt to effectively re-open a locked thread to also be locked (FH seems to delete them), in addition to the thread starter being warned.

Your thread is in the grey area as it is technically not a run of the mill add whine thread (and as you say it is rare for people to be called on it when they post false info because they "know" nobody can challenge them). However, presumably FH modding policy is to try to be consistant between mods. This leads to a more rule based modding policy, rather than mod discretion. If they let some add threads stay open and close others, they will also be flamed.

What would be really cool would be for daoc to put in an in-game video system that stores the position/facing of everyone, when they cast/style and what they are wearing. This would be alot smaller than storing a video and potentially much higher res. It would be necessary to use the game client to replay them though. If it was small enough then, maybe it could be left on all the time. This would give lots of evidence :).
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”