Those that exploit run thru

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
spook
Emerald Rider

Post by spook »

There's a difference between what players deem an exploit/bug and what Mythic/GOA does.

If mentioned as a bug by Mythic/GOA then it is and if you have clear evidence of abusers, then you should report them.

Players on the other hand, have a tendency to call stuff they don't master/find fair cheats, exploits and the like.

Hell, very basic example. If someone who's very good at aiming in Counter-Strike, you'll often see them yelled at and probably banned from several servers, simply because the other players don't believe that he's "skilled".

Making a personal vendetta doesn't really help, and especially not when you seem to be the only one actually feeling it's a bug exploit. You should RightNow you question about the validity of your claim and then see what the answer is.
Merely Mortal
Waiting for WAR, both the virtual and the real

Formerly on Hib/Pryd as:
Damarmas, Cias, Bryce, Line

Childofkhain
Emerald Rider

Post by Childofkhain »

I made a post to congratulate those who adequatly utilise an ingame feature after the responce i got for incorectly complaining that it was an exploit :)

Thats been closed ....
Amedor wrote:I could imagine George Bush playing a Warlock
pikeh wrote:Britney Spears plays a bainshee.
Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics... If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.

Shi
Emerald Rider

Post by Shi »

Xest wrote:WIN!!111111111
my 2 cent on the topic,
proper spelling would be here:
WIN!!111111111eleven
Luri 4 ever
Shin, Runepriest,<Ravens Bane> K8Peaks EU

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

ShiShi wrote:my 2 cent on the topic,
proper spelling would be here:
WIN!!111111111eleven
You missed out a couple of extra exclamation marks at the end afaik :D
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Fifta
Emerald Rider

Post by Fifta »

I am using run through, list me.
Foir, Beigarth, Zorm, Candor, Koboldvakten, Skogbotten
<Crimson Tears>

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Puppet wrote:Im refering to 2 bugs, which are 'bugs' :

1) Moving on 'normal speed' on water-surface intentionally used, despite being on 5% hp. Very funny if a skald snares you, jumps in the water (when on 5% hp) and zooms off on sprint-speed, then turns on his Mach5 and goes on Mach5 off, on low HP.

2) Moving backwards in the water doesnt slow you down (like normal moving backwards does on land). In some combination of cases, you can abuse this to land melee-hits, where the enemy is unable to hit you back. People who know how to do this are *VERY* aware of doing this, and abuse this alot.

Unfortunaly Mythic is unable to fix both things, which really sucks, especially if you are a stealther and most fights are situated near bridges (water).
Thought Mythic had fixed at least the first one? Or did they say they were going to and just never did as usual :p ? I remember Sanya mentioning something about it getting fixed at least.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Childofkhain wrote:I made a post to congratulate those who adequatly utilise an ingame feature after the responce i got for incorectly complaining that it was an exploit :)

Thats been closed ....

I'm not surprised. Quinlan and Banana have made it clear that they don't want this sort of list on the forum. I notice you are editing your first post on this thread to add names still. And I think editing Quinlan's comment to change a crucial not to now, totally changing the meaning of what he said, is going a bit far. I'm assuming you changed that not Quinlan.

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

<cheers Quinlan for fixing it>

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Kallima wrote:I'm not surprised. Quinlan and Banana have made it clear that they don't want this sort of list on the forum. I notice you are editing your first post on this thread to add names still. And I think editing Quinlan's comment to change a crucial not to now, totally changing the meaning of what he said, is going a bit far. I'm assuming you changed that not Quinlan.
yep he did...let's just say it was not the smartest thing to do
finland:
holland:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

dont mess with The Quin :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”