Those that exploit run thru

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Elrandhir wrote:How the water works is silly for sure, or rather the surface as depending if ur above or belov it the other one can't hit u, and thats just silly.

and most people also abuse this to the max, going up down up down...

im not sure if thats abusing tho

surely its just trying to get away from something thats hitting you?
yea i know its annoying but i spect everyones done it mildly at some stage ^^

/edit

run thru.
is this just running through the other person /facing and using a style to hit them from behind?
surely thats how youre sposed to play the class to the best of its ability?
And strafing to hit a side style? - same thing??

or am i a little confused....
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Banana wrote:im not sure if thats abusing tho

surely its just trying to get away from something thats hitting you?
yea i know its annoying but i spect everyones done it mildly at some stage ^^

/edit

run thru.
is this just running through the other person /facing and using a style to hit them from behind?
surely thats how youre sposed to play the class to the best of its ability?
And strafing to hit a side style? - same thing??

or am i a little confused....

Well from how I see it, it is abusing really when people do it like that and that the water shouldent really work the way it do, because ofcourse people will do what it takes, abusing something or not.

For the second part, ofcourse people will need to strafe, if their best style chain is from the side or whatever they will need to try and get it in and to do so they will have to strafe really ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Childofkhain wrote:Im making a list because ... well I want to.
Any one who uses run through shall be listed here starting tonight, friend or foe excal or pry. Have fun and play fair peeps :)

[Edit Quinlan]
We are not making a list of people who use normal coding in the game to win fights
[/edit]
Bad idea starting this sort of thing, and to be honest if you want to start lists of people who do bad things then there are a lot worse things people have done in game.

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Kallima wrote:Bad idea starting this sort of thing, and to be honest if you want to start lists of people who do bad things then there are a lot worse things people have done in game.
agree. and if you want to have a list of people that strafe abuse then do it for yourself, what happens if you start putting down peoples names that use prydwen.net? this is not FH and we shouldnt have threads directly abusing people.
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Isn't strafing part of the game? Isn't the lack of collision detection & therefore run-through part of the game? Shouldn't you learn to counter it rather than anything else?

Alternatively all mages & healers should stand there & allow themselves to be hit until they die & all tanks should just stick & face & anytime away to see who has the highest dps or most hp. Frankly why bother styling, just stick & hit attack & go afk. The winner is the last man standing. After all we were given positionals for no reason what-so-ever.

Naming & shaming isn't the best policy, though I can see it's uses in the case of scammers & people that really do abuse bugs (shees facing walls with no valid LoS being a prime & oh so current example). Else it's just stiring up trouble for little reason. Next up we'll have 8v8's naming & shaming adders & leachers, & people that prefer they're pvp in larger numbers naming & shaming groups that perma-bomb them or have the temerity to engage un-opted enemy groups on the way to a tower that our larger group has taken.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

Usually if people strafe they miss .. water bug not exactly a bug when if u on top u can see ur target below u can't they can go up and down if they wish only prob with that is if u got an nsta spamming char such as a vamp/bd or somethng :P

Run through come on i use that anyone with half a brain can /stick some 1 . and if some 1 strafing around u .. they barely hit usually and if they do just /face oh wow problem solved :P

And this should be FH crap not the lovely hibbies of love :hug:

:moley:
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Moley:) wrote:Usually if people strafe they miss ..
Depends on your timing, though with latency at both clients & stuff it can become 'interesting'.

Water trick is annoying, but no more annoying that setting up 2 fgs down there & then having another group that's losing a fight use them as backup. When I bard I try & keep my group out of the water as much as possible as you never know what's down there (& 90% of the time I wish it was Jaws tbh). It's a classic case of "Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Took out the names of the people listed. There is NOT gonna be a list of people who use walk through or any other related items. It is a 'feature' of the game.

Feel free to discuss the 'features' ofcourse
finland:
holland:

Norcott
Emerald Rider

Post by Norcott »

Childofkhain wrote:Im making a list because ... well I want to.
Any one who uses run through shall be listed here starting tonight, friend or foe excal or pry. Have fun and play fair peeps :)
Post like this are just insighting trouble and unrest as u can see by all of the replies.. all u will achieve is getting ur self slated.. put the same post of FH see how far you get.

As a start to the Hib list you best add me Ill run threw its a part of the game and can be countered easly enough.. obviously you have no idea how to counter this..

oh I strafe as well (which also can be countered) esp if im losing and if i cant win and im close to mob agro then ill turn ya and cast zepher and throw u into agro..
its called tactics and if it means i either win or stay alive and its in the game ill use it and so will all the other players..
Norcott - Ranger
Hibernian Dragon Slayers [GM]
Eyes and Ears Volunteer

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Come on Norc - stick/face & take it like a man. Rangers are super-hard after all & don't need to do anything else......

& cheers Quin. It's one of those things that people will never agree on, but not worth hassling all & sundry with it. If you don't like people that do it, avoid them (though 90% of people seem to use it & I'd be on that list with bard, druid & BM & it wouldn't make me blink or stop doing it to be honest).

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”