RP desiring Hibs

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

tbh I have lots of fun atm also, more fun then I have had in a long while, possibly because Im playing a bowspecced ranger and zerging like this, so close to us is Uber.

Still if complaining about nothing being done, fix something, get a keeptake going or don't complain atall, because there might not be anyone that wants to lead anything, so if you complain, do it yourself, if you don't do so, stop complaining and tell others to do something imo.

As I said, I have had lots of fun and I have made close to 100k in 3 days with my ranger, going solo, so even though I understand and would help if keeps would be taken back I like it alot the insta RvR we have atm.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Minkyra
Emerald Rider

Post by Minkyra »

Elrandhir wrote:Still if complaining about nothing being done, fix something, get a keeptake going or don't complain at all, because there might not be anyone that wants to lead anything, so if you complain, do it yourself, if you don't do so, stop complaining and tell others to do something imo.
Thank you Elrandhir, I rest my case.

but for record on closer inspection of my thoughts am i complaining?..not really its an observation, inviting comments.

When all is said and done the old maxim always applies, People pay to play, so will be free to do what they want to do, and given way rl is, the "if I don't get what I want then I move on" will prevail and games fold that don't deliver that, but hey no problem plenty more in teh pipeline to satisfy peoples needs.

commercial pressures will dictate and we will fuel and follow them to whatever outcome, this is not a player co-operative, it is a commercial enterprise with all that that brings to the table, take a look at teh menu and enjoy, before it gets cold.

Arcsalin
Emerald Rider

Post by Arcsalin »

Minkyra wrote:Thank you Elrandhir, I rest my case.

but for record on closer inspection of my thoughts am i complaining?..not really its an observation, inviting comments.

When all is said and done the old maxim always applies, People pay to play, so will be free to do what they want to do, and given way rl is, the "if I don't get what I want then I move on" will prevail and games fold that don't deliver that, but hey no problem plenty more in teh pipeline to satisfy peoples needs.

commercial pressures will dictate and we will fuel and follow them to whatever outcome, this is not a player co-operative, it is a commercial enterprise with all that that brings to the table, take a look at teh menu and enjoy, before it gets cold.

Can't you smell that this game is dying? I can smell the stench a mile off.... :)

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Arcsalin wrote:Can't you smell that this game is dying? I can smell the stench a mile off.... :)

ive been thinking that for the past 1yr-2yrs

it still hasnt.
When it does it will do but not yet :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Minkyra wrote:Thank you Elrandhir, I rest my case.

True true, and I understand if people wants to retake keeps etc, but then instead of comming on like if complaining, try and get something going, try gather people to retake, and maby you don't want to lead alone still if making some effort you might get coleaders to join in and help retakeing the keeps.

Still as I see it atm a rather large force would be needed as we get a huge zerg of both Albs and mids incomming constantely.

Still it only takes to retake few towers to stop them from haveing insta access.

But as I said, I enjoy how it is atm, as RvR is much more fun like this playing my ranger as I am currently doing ;D
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Minkyra wrote:commercial pressures will dictate and we will fuel and follow them to whatever outcome, this is not a player co-operative, it is a commercial enterprise with all that that brings to the table, take a look at teh menu and enjoy, before it gets cold.
To some extent it IS a player cooperative. Yes, commercial pressures affect which games are available to consumers and at which prices and terms. Yes, other market factors, such as shelf-life and distribution, affect player take-up and retention. But once you're inside the game, the entertainment value you receive is determined by three broad areas - game design, your play-style and the play-style of others.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

[quote="Elrandhir"]True true, and I understand if people wants to retake keeps etc, but then instead of comming on like if complaining, try and get something going, try gather people to retake, and maby you don't want to lead alone still if making some effort you might get coleaders to join in and help retakeing the keeps.

Still as I see it atm a rather large force would be needed as we get a huge zerg of both Albs and mids incomming constantely.

Still it only takes to retake few towers to stop them from haveing insta access.

But as I said, I enjoy how it is atm, as RvR is much more fun like this playing my ranger as I am currently doing ]

whilst under normal circumstances I would agree with you the problem is so many are loving it I would be deemed a spoil sport. ;)

Best to leave it. Let it go stale and come back once its all over. I hate iRvR in Emain with a passion. I can go on hating it and I can say I hate it (I hope?). Its not whine its a statement of fact.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

after seeing some of what peeps been going on about today
i can understand why peeps like it (mildly) even tho its abit manic.

that aside we really shouldnt neglect our frountier as much as we do. Besides - some nice arpees to be gained when tower defending :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

of course Banana no-one objects to the game being played to how one wants to play it and it seems there is a consensus that it should be like this. Until some high RR guild gets bored and goes for the relics in the wee small hours or that Alb nightime crew decide its time to take advantage.

No-one blames people for wanting to play it how they do. To me it is like a long fuck though. All sides are getting nowhere they know it but somehow they keep on fucking none the less.

edit: apologies for teh language but I wanted to say it how it is.

everz
Emerald Rider

Post by everz »

Meeh if they take em they take em, not going to lose sleep over a game xD
deleted/sold rip daoc

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”