1.82c - Good or bad?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Tuorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuorin »

Yep its really wierd, seems they keeping hero out of groups again with warden changes.

Its good for my warden, but not for hero. I just dont understand why now after 4 years of being one of the least satisfying clsses and last 6-9 months being a sort of fotm toon as Hibs go 3 casters, 1 bl, 4 support. Wardens werent overpowered, they were great vs 1 or 2 tanks vs caster groups. Vs 4 mid tanks they were a crap bodyguard, just stunned, killed. Hero was a countrymile better char as bg. Seeing as I play both at high rr, the difference is comparable between a lvl 35 rog hero vs a l50 rr5 one. 500 more hp, 70% better defence, som, engage, anytime stun, anhil, anhil, anhil, 1 more style and zerker can die if doesnt get healed. Overall however the warden offers so much potential utility to a group, that if he can squeeze every possible bit of extra survivability, he takes that slot from hero 99/100.

Going back to warden. Really nice for that char. I know for a fact I wont take any less than 42 shield as a bodyguard. Mob4 if access to it, aug dex3 or so and +26 dex in template. No need 41 reg, just wont work with shield at 42. I would reckon spec be something like 43-47 nurture 33 regrowth, 10-16 weapon and spare in parry be ideal bodyguard spec. You'd lose 8% spirit and energy resists, but gain an amazing bodyguard.

As far as soloing goes, heaven! Toa Overcap str/dex +shield, qui, af (lol all those arties with no +shield on for warden ;o). Try get some +fatigue in and basically roll out take on any meleer, engage them for a bit then spam sapping strike with end regen running and then when they ooe, just spam ml9/10 or essence flames til they die. Heal procs hopefully work on you, so rofl.

They moved those heal thingies to nurture, thats a nice change. Think theres one at 48, the top one, so just wondering if 48 nurture, 42 shield 33 reg and about 6 weapon possible for a taunt (8 if blunt). Will have to count!
No sig!

Tuorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuorin »

[quote="Xest"]
Deep down I totally agree, but I do love being able to solo arti encounters and my sorc would only have like 2 overpowered abilities in RvR then instead of 3 so I'm going to be selfish on this one and say noooooooooooo :p This isn't a justification for ML9 pets, like I say deep down I know full well they're f'king overpowered but at least in 1.81 you get RPs for killing pets if the owner is killed too and ML9'd pets do net you much more due to them having more hps and whatever. When I'm soloing on sorc/theurg I make a point of mezzing chanters/bds/sms etc. and nuking their pet dead first before killing the caster so I can get much more rps for a solo kill as I get those few mezz rps too ]

You can keep ml9 for pve imho, just get rid of those retarded cabalist pets that chain stun, posion through bg and just errm annoy! :) Oh and ofc, templars.....
No sig!

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

even with shield a warden BG will go down fast if assist train turn on you insted of trying to find another target, which I dont understand why they should do, if a BG is in the way, kill it!
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

I dont know
I think they gave wardens shield to counter act the ml9 brittle pet nerf.
As someone said, not many people like heros and stuff so the chances of being guarded when in RvR is VERY slim. Wardens get into groups cuz of bubble and because of BG they can guard one peep but that stil leaves 6 other players unprotected. The brittle pets used to do that but without those.
Its a good change me thinks :)

Then again - i have a warden so im prolly biased ^^

Btw how can you tell someone is being BG? Does a message come up saying "X is being guarded by X and your attack has no effect" or something?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Banana wrote: Btw how can you tell someone is being BG? Does a message come up saying "X is being guarded by X and your attack has no effect" or something?

You get an Icon up, same as you do with buffs, just that it has the BG skill look.

Both you and the one BGed gets this, if to many buffs up it can dissapear now and again though.

aha you meant if the one you attack beeing BGed, yes it does say that he is BGed by whomever.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

hehe yea just wondered how the assist train cottons onto the BG

makes sence :)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Banana wrote:hehe yea just wondered how the assist train cottons onto the BG

Well you got to pay attention though when assisting, some tend to stand on a BGer for ages.

It's not like a huge big Text popps up Saying...MOVE YOU IDIOT, HE IS BODYGUARDED.

but it's still there and you don't swing, or do any damage so it's not that hard to know neways ;D

And as Heta has said earlier, you can still kill the Bger off fast if the whole Train goes for him, not always the case but sometime it's probably the best choice.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

I don't see this changing hero role in groups more than what it has been since Wardens got BG. Go warlord and get in train to kill things.
On the other hand it's a nice boost to Warden's survavibility if trains turn to em.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Banana wrote:hehe yea just wondered how the assist train cottons onto the BG

It says,

Banana is beeing bodyguarded by mr warden, you have to kill him before blahblah something
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Gahn wrote:I don't see this changing hero role in groups more than what it has been since Wardens got BG. Go warlord and get in train to kill things.

Thing that makes Hero more fit is that he can take more damage, and even more of that in a comming patch.

Still think the Warden is needed though, so Im not sure whats best tbh.
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”