The practice of adding (Spread the Love) - Stupeh ignore

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Moley:)
Emerald Rider
Location: A connection of Tunnels in UK . Ready to take over the world with my mole-brethren!

Post by Moley:) »

[quote="Elrandhir"]haha, well I don't think it's wrong killing someone like that, I would probably have shot at the group also as I have no patience(so not that good haveing a Bowspecced ranger =P) but it's not that useful attacking a fg really ]

Unbuffed ranger and group usually had DI love :(
Loktah level 50 Blade Master RR2 l7 :mwahaha:
Moleymoleymoley level 50 Mentalist RR4L5! :stir: *Magical Gesture*moley:
Darksaga level 50 Ranger RR7!! :ranger:

Mid/Glast
Haduken WL level 50 RR3 l7 bunny:
Necronomicon BD RR2l6 Level 39
Darksaga Hunter rr1 l4 Bane of Albion 5670 kills! :mwahaha: level 24

Retired and Retarded

spam: Master Of Spamming spam:

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Sharkith wrote:It has less to do with respecting playstyles it has to do with your own reasonable expectations of the situation you are playing in. You cannot reasonably expect to run in a highly populated zergy area (Hadrians at the height of iRvR) and tell everyone to feck off and leave you alone. In this situation you are the selfish player effectively forcing everyone to play to your own very particular style of play and that I disagree with. Your not actually respecting the person who likes a free for all. If you don't like adds 'in that situation' don't go there - solo elsewhere or just accept that people will add in that situation and get on with it.
Amazingly, you could get many FG v FG fights in the most populated area of the server, while being literally 10 seconds run away from a zerg of several FGs..

Typically when there is an iRVR situation, each realm has a 'path' that they follow with their zerg. For example in HW, it would be berks -> villa -> past beno tower -> beno bridge area. You could actually get a decent fight towards berks river tower, and the ruins near the zonewall. The zerg very very rarely broke its 'pattern' and ventured out to that area.
~

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

I can understand that people get upset from time to time when people add, but I sure as hell cant understand why people refuse to help when you ask them to add to help you out. Which happened to me today when I finally decided to give rvr a go again after 2 months break. That was good enough for me to make my final decision to leave the game for ever (well, not really - I had already decided to do so...but it sure as hell didnt convince me to stay).

Oh well, nevermind my point of view on this subject as i've quit anyway :D

Edit: Tbh imo daoc feels more like PvP than RvR nowadays (if you get how I mean...can't be arsed to explain)

/Ankh

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

<ankh> wrote:I can understand that people get upset from time to time when people add, but I sure as hell cant understand why people refuse to help when you ask them to add to help you out. Which happened to me today when I finally decided to give rvr a go again after 2 months break. That was good enough for me to make my final decision to leave the game for ever (well, not really - I had already decided to do so...but it sure as hell didnt convince me to stay).

Oh well, nevermind my point of view on this subject as i've quit anyway :D

/Ankh

yeah I would help if someone asked me, but some probably have gone into the 1 vs 1 so deep and also never wanting to seem as an adder that he would do so for that reason, is what I think and I wouldent leave the game because of something like that Ankh ;D

*aah see you stated another reson also :P
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

A major factor in adding is the difference in attitudes towards players, imo.

There are those that think that a person in the same realm as you is above all else, and you should primarily help them out, as, obviously, you are in the same realm.

However, there are those that consider fights not as say HIB GG Vs MID GG, but GG Vs GG, and don't distinguish between realms. This is the side i'm on, so when looking at a fight, i see a player fighting another player, not a hib vs a mid. I don't consider that because they're in the same realm as you, that it is your 'duty' or something, to help them out. If you add when asked to help, sure, you please the hib, but you displease the mid, and we're all here playing a game. Of course, all this goes out the window at keep/tower/relic takes etc. as there is a common goal, and not just to get more rp, or to boost /stats.
~

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

stupeh wrote:and don't distinguish between realms. This is the side i'm on
Does this make you an x-realmer :< ?
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

If you run solo, you die solo..dont whine at others to help you.

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

add for the good of hib imo - less rp's for the other realms more rp's for us! thats the way it was in the beginning and thats the way it should be now! our ancestors would be embarresd by our actions today! long gone are the emain mg fights!
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”