1.82c - Good or bad?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

True Tou I would actually belive they favour Alb and mid from how it looks really, some things are just silly really.

not saying they do, but if going over the chars it really feels like it.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

lol favour Alb, hardly :/

So far there's nothing to benefit Alb in the notes really, the friar changes still do nothing to make them feasible in a group without sacrificing end regen/dps/speed 5, interrupts and sos whereas Wardens, as always have a spot waiting for them.

The only realm that's really come out of this patch noticeably better is Mid with Thanes getting some pretty uber tools and SBs being allowed to PA for upwards of 2200dmg. Of course, we don't know what's in the rest of the patches but we do know there's a 1500 range insta-DoT coming for nightshades so I'd say it's far to early to suggest Hib is hard done by in any way whatsoever, the bainshee nerf, like the warlock nerf was bound to come, they've both been the most overpowered classes in game for around 13months now since Catacombs release.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

Xest wrote:lol favour Alb, hardly :/

So far there's nothing to benefit Alb in the notes really, the friar changes still do nothing to make them feasible in a group without sacrificing end regen/dps/speed 5, interrupts and sos whereas Wardens, as always have a spot waiting for them.

The only realm that's really come out of this patch noticeably better is Mid with Thanes getting some pretty uber tools and SBs being allowed to PA for upwards of 2200dmg. Of course, we don't know what's in the rest of the patches but we do know there's a 1500 range insta-DoT coming for nightshades so I'd say it's far to early to suggest Hib is hard done by in any way whatsoever, the bainshee nerf, like the warlock nerf was bound to come, they've both been the most overpowered classes in game for around 13months now since Catacombs release.

Well maby I said to much as I havent seen all classes, and Mid have more sh*t really, but look at the Sorc.

Lets make a class with Ubermega P00wn damage and give it everything else at the same time.

maby I should have aimed it more to specific classes.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.82d Release Notes
Class Changes and Cross Cluster Guilds and Alliances
January 26, 2006

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- Switching objects between the backpack and worn slots will now properly resolve the /use hotkeys for the object(s).

- (Pendragon Only) The /worship emote will now work with the classic character models.

CLASS CHANGES AND FIXES

General Changes and Fixes

Master Level Ability Changes And Fixes

- Banespike now has a recast timer of 5 minutes.

- The recast time on Brittle guards has been put back to 5 minutes. However, only one brittle guard can be summoned at a time.

Critical Strike Style Changes

- A new stackable ABS debuff has been added to the Critical Strike line in the following manner:

8 Pincer - Pre-req: To side of target - Effect: ABS decrease 1%
29 Leaper - Pre-req: Hamstring - Effect: ABS decrease 2%
44 Rib Separation - Pre-req: Leaper - Effect: ABS decrease 5%

Class Specific Changes and Fixes

Bonedancer

- Bonedancer pets have received a graphic change. This change is only viewable in Catacombs and Darkness Rising clients.

Friars

- Friar Weaponskill has increased slightly.

- The prior noted PBAE heal proc and Defensive heal procs are now in the Enhancement line for Friars.

- Friar staff changes have been made in the following manner:

4 Figure Eight - New Prereq: Frontal position - Effect: 15 hit group heal
15 Double Strike - Pre-Req: Figure Eight - Effect: 25 hit group heal
25 Banish - Pre-Req: Friar's Friend - Effect: 50 hit PBAE heal
34 Holy Staff - Pre-Req: None - Effect: 50 hit Group heal
39 Friar's Fury - Pre-Req: Counter Evade - Effect: FAE 75 Heal
50 Excommunicate - Pre-Req: Holy Staff - Effect: 75 DD & 100 Group Heal

Infiltrator

- The RR5 ability Assassination has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 39.

- The RR5 ability Shadowstrike has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 35.

- Assassination has been replaced with Remedy for the Infiltrator RR5 ability.

- Upon gaining a deathblow on an RvR opponent, the Infiltrator will have increased stealth detection by 25% for the next 60 seconds.

Nightshade

- The following spells have been added to all Nightshades:

Damage over Time

Level 15 "Clouded Agony" 4/tick - instant cast/24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.
Level 25 "Clouded Distress" 8/tick - instant cast/24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.
Level 36 "Clouded Pain" 14/tick - instant cast/24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.
Level 46 "Clouded Destruction" 22/tick - instant cast/ 24 seconds duration. 30 second recast 500 unit range.

Self Damage Shield

Level 10 "Eventide Resonance" 1 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 20 "Eventide Redirection" 2 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 30 "Eventide Reverberation" 3 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 40 "Eventide Repercussion" 4 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.
Level 50 "Eventide Reflection" 5 dps - 3 second cast time / 20 minute duration.

- Upon gaining a deathblow on an RvR opponent, the Nightshade will be 25% harder to detect in stealth for the next 60 seconds.

- The RR5 ability Assassination has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 39.

- The RR5 ability Shadowstrike has been placed in the stealth skill line for all Assassins at spec 35.

Shadowblade

- Shadowstrike has been replaced with Remedy for the Shadowblade RR5 ability.

- Upon gaining a deathblow on an RvR opponent, the Shadowblade will have increased stealth movement by 25% for the next 60 seconds.

Thane

- Command Mjollnir should no longer have a delay after casting it before casting another spell.

- Doom Hammer disarm is no longer purgable.

- The multiple hammer spell effect has been put back on Call Mjollnir, Invoke Mjollnir, Summon Mjollnir and Command Mjollnir.

Vampiir

- Vampiir self buffs will now scale in effectiveness from 50% to 100% between the levels 5 and 40.

Warden

- The PBAE heal procs added in 1.82c have been moved to the Warden Nurture line.

- Wardens are now granted 1.8 spec points per level.

- Wardens are now able to specialize in Shield.

- Due to the addition of a skill line to Wardens, all Wardens will have their skill points refunded upon login to respec accordingly with the new allotted points and shield skill line.

CAMELOT CLASSIC WORLD NOTES

World Notes - General

- The Hibernia bridge in Connact has undergone art adjustments.

- Brush has been updated in both Mularn and Cotswold.

- All starting locations for new players in Mularn and Cotswold have been adjusted to be in front of their appropriate trainers.

- (Midgard) Information in players' quest journals, for those on step 5 of the Mularn Delivery quest, has been updated to incorporate the new location (due to the recent Mularn face-lift) of the NPC named Asta.

Quest Notes - Albion

- Child's Play - Players between levels 1 and 4 will find that Charles, in Cotswold, will invite them to join in a game he's playing.

- A Hero Desires a Sword - Raymond, in Cotswold, will ask players between levels 5 and 9 (who have chosen an advanced class) to help him in dealing with a bully.

Quest Notes - Midgard

- Child's Play - Players between levels 1 and 4 will find that Charles, in Mularn, will invite them to join in a game he's playing.

- A Hero Desires a Sword - Raymond, in Mularn, will ask players between levels 5 and 9 (who have chosen an advanced class) to help him in dealing with a bully.

Quest Notes - Hibernia

- Child's Play - Players between levels 1 and 4 will find that Charles, in Mag Mell, will invite them to join in a game he's playing.

- A Hero Desires a Sword - Raymond, in Mag Mell, will ask players between levels 5 and 9 (who have chosen an advanced class) to help him in dealing with a bully.

Albion Monster Notes

- A number of monsters have moved or shifted in response to the improvements made in Cotswold recently. Please be aware of the new monster camps and be prepared!

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES

World Notes - General

- All Shrouded Isles portals have received new art updates.

Dungeon Notes

- Mini-maps have been added to the following dungeons: Krondon, Caer Sidi, Galladoria, Tur Suil and Trollheim

DARKNESS RISING WORLD NOTES

World Notes - General

- (Albion) The petitioner Dale Gibbs in King Constantine's throne room now correctly displays his visual quest indicator, to be consistent with the other petitioners in the throne room.

- (Albion) Players that remove either the "A Gift Befitting a King?" quest or the "Something Stinks in Gwyddneau" quest prior to completion should now be able to re-obtain either quest when visiting petitioner Dale Gibbs in King Constantine's throne room.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- Hookpoint stealth detection NPCs have had their aggression radius reduced, effectively reducing the radius in which they can detect stealthed players. The NPCs that received this change are the Saracen Infiltrator, Kobold Shadowblade and Lurikeen Nightshade. All other stealth detection NPCs in the Frontiers remain unchanged.

Succi
Emerald Rider

Post by Succi »

Bascially :

1 brittle at a time
banespike 5 mins
all assassins get remedy r5
wardens get shield spec and 1.8 spec pts

Haarewin

Post by Haarewin »

so now wardens that put points into parry will be putting the spare points into shield. that's a pretty awesome change.
good news for both wardens and friars that the new spells got put into the buff lines, considering they both need to spec that way to be viable.
the only assassin that will be able to afford both of the new stealth abilities (35 was minimum anyway, really) without compromising other lines (i've not actually tried those abilities so can't judge how much of an advantage that is) is still the infiltrator.
i'm a bit confused about the vampiir change - does it mean that a self buff that is less effective anyway as it gives a smaller %ge bonus is less effective than before? this only really effects levelling vamps though.

bards must be getting sick of everything else getting fixed but them..
i don't have a sig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Wardens are now able to specialize in Shield.
- Due to the addition of a skill line to Wardens, all Wardens will have their skill points refunded upon login to respec accordingly with the new allotted points and shield skill line.

Bubble AND Block...

:satyn1:
they killed my brittle pets. That almost makes up for it :D
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Edlina
Emerald Rider

Post by Edlina »

Bards are fine the way they are, a 30% snare on a 20 second timer insta cast, or a 20% snare on the dd would be very nice to get as bard though. Possibly another dd with 20% snare and 20 second timer, and 20 second timer on first dd also or, 15 mebe.

Warden changes are fkin overpowered, wardens where good as it was, they're just great now.

The assasin changes are nice for low rr assasins as they'll naturally have higher specced stealth to get 50 modified spec, but really those 2 abilities are so useless it's not worth speccing for them. The remedy for all assasins is obviously a quite huge nerf to NS, which sorta was needed though.

Banespike 5 minutes is just nuts, what are they thinking... Brittle guard change is ok, albeit they could remove the timer, or make it 2 mins when you can only have 1 up at a time anyway.

Now fix bloody ml 9 pets
Ed / Edy
Not playing: Mrmotivator ze bard

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Bards are fine the way they are, a 30% snare on a 20 second timer insta cast, or a 20% snare on the dd would be very nice to get as bard though. Possibly another dd with 20% snare and 20 second timer, and 20 second timer on first dd also or, 15 mebe.
Agree, snare component on bard insta-DD would be perfect.
Warden changes are fkin overpowered, wardens where good as it was, they're just great now.
When you say they're overpowered it depends what measure you use, if you use the pre-1.81 measure I'd say they're very overpowered changes, however compared to the heavy tank love, the thane love and the assassin love I'd say they're about in line, the friar love is still a joke though and wont alter their current groupability whatsoever - friars need something to offer groups like celerity or say end regen 2. Just for reference, the friar weaponskill boost was around +80 weaponskill, hardly on par with 1.8x spec points and sheild spec :p Fingers crossed Mythic boost friars in the way they've boosted assassins, thanes, wardens, heavy tanks in 1.82e.
The assasin changes are nice for low rr assasins as they'll naturally have higher specced stealth to get 50 modified spec, but really those 2 abilities are so useless it's not worth speccing for them. The remedy for all assasins is obviously a quite huge nerf to NS, which sorta was needed though.
Agree, I don't think anyone really cares about the old inf/sb RR5 tbh, remedy for everyone is a definite improvement, but personally I'd rather they just drop remedy and gave something like that old SB RA, shadow run or something but make it speed 5 in stealth for 20secs or something, would be much nicer for when you're soloing and need to escape a stealth zerg, although I guess the argument is vanish 3 is already this tool.
Banespike 5 minutes is just nuts, what are they thinking... Brittle guard change is ok, albeit they could remove the timer, or make it 2 mins when you can only have 1 up at a time anyway.
Banespike 5mins is a bit crazy but I think the idea is it's to offset warguard, warguard is like +25% absorb on 10min timer whereas banespike is -15% absorb or whatever on 5min timer although I don't know why they can't both just be 10min/25%. The brittle change isn't ideal still, especially as brittles die to seige and DoT mines most the time, if this stays in brittles should only be killable by melee.
Now fix bloody ml 9 pets
Deep down I totally agree, but I do love being able to solo arti encounters and my sorc would only have like 2 overpowered abilities in RvR then instead of 3 so I'm going to be selfish on this one and say noooooooooooo :p This isn't a justification for ML9 pets, like I say deep down I know full well they're f'king overpowered but at least in 1.81 you get RPs for killing pets if the owner is killed too and ML9'd pets do net you much more due to them having more hps and whatever. When I'm soloing on sorc/theurg I make a point of mezzing chanters/bds/sms etc. and nuking their pet dead first before killing the caster so I can get much more rps for a solo kill as I get those few mezz rps too ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

Hmm Warden love:)

So assuming I work the numbers out right I could theoretically spec 49 nurt 41 regro 33 shield 6 blade/blunt/parry or lower shield to 29 and raise something else, that definitely fits into the tasty category (tho I imagine someone could come up with a more generally favourable spec) and wouldnt have to grapple, could bash stuff and not have to stand like a tree and wait for the caster train to make me into wormfood.

Cant say I am complaining:)
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence