1.82c - Good or bad?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

<ankh> wrote:No, its not a RL nerf Satyn...its a DAoC one. Danny will stay the same (unfortunatly)

/Ankh
i said witch not bitch :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

all sounds fun :)

as for paing for over 2200 damage seems fine to me :D
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

Well, the changes to the hybrids seem quite pointless. Except for the Thane range increase and debuff gain. Still I think they should have improved the warden / thane on melee side. Make their dmg table better or something, or up their ws.

On the assassin part Im happy, although how much the increase will be on the sb vs inf/ns is hard to say. That the sb was the weakest of the three was quite obvious, so they did deserve something.

Overall, brittle nerfing is good, there was no downside to taking the huge dmg casters lately due to brittles and other crap (RR5 from sorc anyone?). Now at least you have to realise that although you do insane dmg, you also go down fast, which is the way it should be.
US Classic (all realms) & Lance/Alb & Limors

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

My 2H critblade is gonna love this patch :D

aegnor
Emerald Rider

Post by aegnor »

Noticed how friar's heal proc is better than the warden's.
Bolt range dd on thanes and no nerf to ml9 pets. :(
Aegnor Istaril
Elvish Barun
retired :<

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

awarkle wrote:all sounds fun :)

as for paing for over 2200 damage seems fine to me :D

For sure >.< ...silly amount of damage.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Dotster
Emerald Rider

Post by Dotster »

the nerf on brittle guards regarding stealther view any decent stealther will use posion spike to get rid of brittles before ~PAing tbh cause it would be plain silly taking on a decent caster with 3 brittle guards tbh
maybe im back

New Toon Tripler - VW lvl 49uk:

all chars are gonedoh:

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Dotster wrote:the nerf on brittle guards regarding stealther view any decent stealther will use posion spike to get rid of brittles before ~PAing tbh cause it would be plain silly taking on a decent caster with 3 brittle guards tbh
Don't think we gonna see 3 brittle guards no more sice it's on 20 (imo it will be changed to 10-15 mins) mins reuse timer with new patch notes. That gonna give a chance to kill a caster 1 vs 1 to heavy tanks too.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Taardad
Emerald Rider

Post by Taardad »

aegnor wrote:Noticed how friar's heal proc is better than the warden's.
Might be that Mythic reasoned that Friars in general don't spec as high in rejuv as wardens do in regrowth. Friars need their staff pretty high if they want to hit anything wich leaves less specpoints to spend elsewhere.
Taardad the champion of the Artisans Of Willow

Tuorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuorin »

Taardad wrote:Might be that Mythic reasoned that Friars in general don't spec as high in rejuv as wardens do in regrowth. Friars need their staff pretty high if they want to hit anything wich leaves less specpoints to spend elsewhere.

You could argue the same for wardens. Since battlemaster styles came, friars dont have to spec their weapon high same as wardens. Albeit they will always tend to have higher staff than warden weapon. Common warden spec is 41/42 reg 49 nurture which leaves such high weapon spec as 12-15. I'm 49/33/21/20 as its a nice to have some parry, imho ofc.

Since Toa its moreorless moot, both classes are the fotm bodyguards. Cant heal when bodyguarding unless you've killed everything near your casters/support. Forget them being cced out, doesn't happen.

Its just not in line with current game. They also apparently dont work with battlemaster styles so if you proc essence flames you lose the heal proc. Since essence flames does not check weaponskill for damage, then it is a good style for warden. These procs and crap now render that useless. They also render useless essence shatter, power leak and sapping strike apparently.

They also put them in regrowth. There are 2 spells in regrowth worth speccing beyond 16. The spec heal attained at 33 or at 42 and the fatigue reducer at 32 and 41.

Hopefully there will be something nice in the latter part of the patch for wardens. The insta thanes get (aoe too with a chance to bounce back to first target) is so lol its untrue giving it to instagard. I'd love an aoe insta interupt, hell would cope with a single target one. ;p
No sig!

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”