1.82c - Good or bad?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Xest
Emerald Rider

1.82c - Good or bad?

Post by Xest »

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/2322.shtml

Personally I'm not overly keen on it, there's some welcome changes but as per usual Mythic went over the top on a lot of stuff.

For me the best parts are bainshee nerf and warlock nerf although I think neither really resolve the core problems with the classes so they're not too great. The worst parts are probably drastically increased PA's for 2h SBs - the cap on a 2h SB PA now is like ~1500dmg with a 5.7spd sword and that's without a crit, a good crit means an SB can now PA for over 2200 damage, seems kinda overkill to me. Brittle guards have been changed, PAs and Backstabs now ignore brittles, I don't mind that too much but they've also increased recast time on brittle guards to be 20minutes which totally guts any point in brittles as you can only have one at a time and it wont even guard against a PA - one nerf or the other would've been fine for brittles, not both.

They've nerfed remedy so it only effects assassin poisons but they also said this was to go alongside further boosts so there seemed little point nerfing it anyway if that's the case, they've also upped nightshade/infil PA damage ever so slightly (not even close to 2h SB damage though).

Friars and Wardens got some love, none of which is going to change their position in a group - they still either get one or they don't, none of the changes so far will make friars essential to a group at least. Thanes got some serious boosts, lots of energy/weapon type debuffs as well as a bunch of instas, long range nukes and a throw weapon ability that disarms them for 10secs but can hit for 600 - 700dmg at 1100 range.

Lots of stuff in the patch, some good, some bad but overall, for me it's a pretty bad patch overall. In true Mythic style they've either gone way overkill, or gone way underkill on everything rather than a sensible half way balance.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

After reading through the release notes I think I must agree.

/Ankh

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

infil love !
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Elrandhir

Post by Elrandhir »

imo they should nerf OPed classes before starting doing anything else.

Just Saying BD, Sorc, SM. These classes are just silly, especially BD and sorc, would want to talk to the one making these characters like they are and want to know what he was thinking, have said this in other posts, but these classes are just so OPed it's silly.

Sure warlocks can be annoying, still never beeing in a group I guess they deserve to be abit ghey until the other classes I mentioned.
Elrandhir L50 Hero 7l7 Thunderer
Elthorian L50 6l7 Ranger Silverhand
Elthunder L50 4lx Eldritch
Elrandhira L50 5lx Druid BB
Elradah L50 Easymode Bainshee
Shimari L50 Animist
Ailanah L50 Enchanter
Vinterwolf L50 gimp Bard
<Crimson Tears> sweden:
(N)o (P)aiN (N)o (G)aiN

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Tbh, as usual, overkill on oped solo caster crap.
Altho it's a way to deal with it xD and at least we gonna see the FOTM sorc bandwagon fuckoff back to infils.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Gahn wrote:Tbh, as usual, overkill on oped solo caster crap.
Altho it's a way to deal with it xD and at least we gonna see the FOTM sorc bandwagon fuckoff back to infils.
... coming to a mile gate or bridge near you soon :'(.
Those that can't lead follow.

Those that can lead should admit when they're lost.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

20mins for brittle pets...

i swear to god all of mythic play blooming scouts
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

omg they gona nerf my witch! :'(
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote:omg they gona nerf my witch! :'(
No, its not a RL nerf Satyn...its a DAoC one. Danny will stay the same (unfortunatly)

/Ankh

Tammuz
Emerald Rider

Post by Tammuz »

Well brittle guard has now become a total waste of time.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”