Is it Zerg or Bust for the casual player in RvR nowadays?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

<ankh> wrote: one of the few things I miss :(

/Ankh
and me!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

maxis

Post by maxis »

Hasn't it always been the case that it's difficult to get a new FG off the ground because you get ganked by the experienced and high RR groups? Just before cluster was a slightly unusual time on Pryd because many of the high RR groups had quit, so there were comparatively more middle-RR groups around.

There are other options apart from zerging or getting steamrollered in 8v8 though... for example you can try farming the zergs (this is not as easy as it sounds and takes practice, but you can do it with a low-middle RR group). You can also bash tower doors and then take the incoming; farm bridge campers; camp bridges yourselves; bomb keeps etc.

Ultimately though, to get good at 8v8 you have to be out there doing it. If you spend say 2/3 of your time farming zergs and the like then you'll build up your RPs. If you then spend the other 1/3 trying 8v8 you'll build up experience... sure you'll get steamrollered at first but over time you'll get better, and every fight you lose will teach you something.
ImageImage

Bitey: RR2 Valey
Moozah: thid ranger & lgm tailor
+ others

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

its really hard atm, bevore cluster you know you meet PE, Maelstrom and death wasnt a shame, now there are much more good groups (we dont know) around and the competition grows.More competions = better players.

There is only one way to compete perfect teamplay,good group setup,and max out the potential of the chars.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Satyn wrote:and me!
I can talk to you anyday on the phone or msn :) I was talking about DAoC!

Now Im in a hurry to continue with my baking!!

/Ankh

Wyst
Emerald Rider

Post by Wyst »

I dont want people to think I have created a whine post, I was as much looking for other peoples reactions/experiences

I am more than happy to get floored repeatedly and quickly when my screen fills up with high RR enemies, they have worked hard for the skill/rps etc to have earned the right to pummel the hell out of me. What seems to be missing is the medium RR groups who used to run around getting floored by the high RRs but trying to find other groups to practice against on a more level playing field.

At present I feel I need to tower hump, bridge camp etc with a mass of other hibs to get a paltry rp return on the evening or head out and try to face the big guns of the enemy realm and get all my equipment covered in grass stains repeatedly.

I had these same issues after I first started to venture into rvr 15 months or so ago, low rr, therefore only lasting a few seconds in the fight, not learning anything, therefore pointless. As I reached RR5 there seemed a fair few others around who had done the same (tho probably in less time) so there was quite a lot of hib alb and mid groups all running setups of around rr3-7 and even tho I lost quite a few, the fact that they lasted a few minutes and such meant there was a learning experience to be had which hopefully made me a better player <sarcastic responses expected>

Now, with nasty bridges, aggramon and what have you there just seems to be nothing in the middle, High RR and competetive or not, and if you are in the not category, then fg rvr is almost pointless
Wyst Fullthinker 50 Warden ML10 BM RR8+
Vilcleft Cullthinker 50 BM ML10 BL RR5+
Ydrys Bard ML10 Soj RR4+
Hegglion 50 Voidy M10 convoker RR3+
Grusalug Hero, brainless ML8 WL RR3+
Cwmblyss MotherofWyst ML10 Conv RR2+
Ydryst Darkside screamer ML10 RR4+
Arnfiorgrit Valewalker ML8 RR3+
Molarbfloem Druid ML10 Perfector RR6+
Quickflick NS ML5 RR3+
Some others of lesser note on other servers of no consequence

All now asleep and probably forgotton

Alexandrinus
Emerald Rider

Post by Alexandrinus »

......and then there comes something in my mind from 2 years ago (when i started RVR).....

There was a common saying , dont go emain if you want to win a fight
go hadrinas to fight low level albs, go odins to fight the mids.

I still can very good remember the time when we go out with 3 FG zerg to emain and 1 mid group wiped us there.

Its a fact that time smogs the imagines, these high RR groups where always there and ever will.

The conclusio of this find the place where the low level people are, roam around and stay out of agramon.

Arkaon / Karak-Norn
and plenty of other chars between 10 and 30

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Roaming small grp stuff is nearly always fun, all you need a bard and another damage dealer or two. Bridge/dock areas like odins, beno are all good to patrol, as are the respective PoC areas at bold and <the other one>.
Mael, 50th ment.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

This game sucks so i just stopped playing it. IMO the only way to get good game is to start a dedicated group, but if your casual player that's a non starter. :p
look, no hands!

Now retired

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Wyst wrote:which hopefully made me a better player <sarcastic responses expected>

/em
has baseball bat and a warning card ready for anyone who dares

:glare:
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Wyst wrote:hopefully made me a better player <sarcastic responses expected>
Unfortunatly not ]/em
has baseball bat and a warning card ready for anyone who dares