ok...what!?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

pfft
she said the price has been changed possibly...
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I don't think it's a mistake as such on anyones part. It just a case of Goa changing their minds on the rrp and the retailers not catching up yet.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Banana wrote:pfft
she said the price has been changed possibly...
Well as Ovi pointed out already, even GOA can't make up their own mind on the RRP according to the site ;)

Anyhow I'm just saying realistically it's a bit hasty to blame Play/Amazon when their past records are spotless when it comes to getting things wrong compared to GOA. The ideal option would be to find out the truth about what happened before pointing fingers at either company but failing that, I think blaming Play/Amazon is the more naive option.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

[quote="Xest"]Well as Ovi pointed out already, even GOA can't make up their own mind on the RRP according to the site ]

Actually in my experience both are often guilty of this kind of error, either incorrect rrps, or more usually incorrect release dates. I am sure the root cause is simply down to not being able to keep up with the Developers/Distributors changing their minds so often, and not really down to either company :)

Can't fault either company for the rest of their service though, both delivered everything I have order on time, or early.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:Don't be silly, GOA has a flawless history, they get every single thing right ever, it's clearly totally Play's fault :p

Seriously though, comparing Play.com's history of delivering around 200 DVDs to me without getting a single order wrong or Amazon delivering around 50 books without fault and comparing to GOA's history of almost weekly screw-ups, I'm not a gambling type but I'd sure as hell put money on who's at fault on this one, it's almost a sure fire win :p
/slap
you're just biased :p
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Satyn wrote:/slap
you're just biased :p
Ironic that you think the person who's been a customer to all parties involved and had experience of other parties providing similar services leaving me in a position to compare would be the biased one. If I dislike GOA it's for a reason, the reason being that they're a really, really bad company with a massive catalog of major mistakes and that's exactly what I'm pointing out here.

If play.com had a history of complete and utter screw ups to the extent GOA do then I'd be here pointing out that play.com has a massive history of screw ups and that it's probably just another of their screw ups and probably their fault not GOAs, that's simply not the case though.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:Ironic that you think the person who's been a customer to all parties involved and had experience of other parties providing similar services leaving me in a position to compare would be the biased one. If I dislike GOA it's for a reason, the reason being that they're a really, really bad company with a massive catalog of major mistakes and that's exactly what I'm pointing out here.

If play.com had a history of complete and utter screw ups to the extent GOA do then I'd be here pointing out that play.com has a massive history of screw ups and that it's probably just another of their screw ups and probably their fault not GOAs, that's simply not the case though.
Well GOA has its faults yes but so does every company. Its not cos you never been unlucky with play.com that nobody else has.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Satyn wrote:Well GOA has its faults yes but so does every company. Its not cos you never been unlucky with play.com that nobody else has.
Well of course every company makes some mistakes, the difference is GOA makes major mistakes that effect all large portions of their customer base regularly as well lots of screw ups that effect individual customers. I'm not measuring any company on simply whether they've screwed up or not but more on how many times they've screwed up and how majorly they've screwed up and that's where the massive difference is here.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Xest wrote:Well of course every company makes some mistakes, the difference is GOA makes major mistakes that effect all large portions of their customer base regularly as well lots of screw ups that effect individual customers. I'm not measuring any company on simply whether they've screwed up or not but more on how many times they've screwed up and how majorly they've screwed up and that's where the massive difference is here.
You've got your way of thinking and I have my way. Its an endless discussion which neither of us can win. :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xcerus
Emerald Rider

Post by Xcerus »

No reply from play.com or amazon yet.
Tbh tho they have a marketing <or should have> department to deal with this kind of thing so making them sort it out shouldn't take attention away from any other aspect of the company... and if the marketing department fails to sort this out efficiently then surly goa is wasting funds on a department that sits on its ass and does sweet FA appart from make shiney vid's that never go anywhere...

SORT IT OUT PLEASE!

:?
Xcerus 50 Druid
Zcerus 50 Chanter
Scerus 50 Ranger
Moaninglisa 3X Bainshee
A,B,C - alts - blah

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”