Stealth lore pets wtf

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

The game changes constantly making classes that were weak stonger & classes that were strong weaker. Todays gimp classes can be next years FOTM classes after the next patch/expansion or round of class balancing & vice versa.

ToA was used for class-balancing which was a good or bad thing depending on your viewpoint class & ability to complete ToA. Even that has been balanced out now somewhat by recent patches.

Some classes are better than others in post-L50 RvR. Some classes are awesome fun in the lower BGs but don't get a look-in later. Some classes excel at PvE but are largely unwanted in RvR. Most classes I find fun to play in the context in which they do well, it's just a question of picking your classes according to your temperament & what you want to achieve.

Perfect class-balance is an unachievable illusion.

I think you have to take a long-term view in a MMORPG, & on the whole I think Mythic have done a pretty good job apart from the huge hiccup with ToA, & in retrospect I even really like ToA (especially now they're making it easier for gimps like me :p)
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

OohhoO wrote:
I think you have to take a long-term view in a MMORPG, & on the whole I think Mythic have done a pretty good job apart from the huge hiccup with ToA, & in retrospect I even really like ToA (especially now they're making it easier for gimps like me :p)
tbh since i've played on classic and game back I dont seem to have a problem with TOA anymore :D
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

I think you have to take a long-term view in a MMORPG, & on the whole I think Mythic have done a pretty good job apart from the huge hiccup with ToA, & in retrospect I even really like ToA (especially now they're making it easier for gimps like me [img]http://www.pryd.net/images/smilies/tonguez[1].gif[/img])
Same here as Satyn, even heard ppl on Classic complain about not having FoP or some ML ability.

<edited by banana as the gif was wong url ;)>

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

[quote="Trez"]Same here as Satyn, even heard ppl on Classic complain about not having FoP or some ML ability.

<edited by banana as the gif was wong url ]
Hehe, I agree I can't help but feel no FoP makes life a lot more painful than ever having to do MLs ;)
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

The ToA time-sink was never the problem for me. It was the abilites it brought that I hated.

Edit: If you ever fought a ranger with Winged helm up, PD4, battler charge and FZ you know what I am talking about) ;)

Kesxex

Post by Kesxex »

[quote="Grymligast"]The ToA time-sink was never the problem for me. It was the abilites it brought that I hated.

Edit: If you ever fought a ranger with Winged helm up, PD4, battler charge and FZ you know what I am talking about) ]

1x ML ability, 1x RA, 2x artifacts.
Some artifact combinations should just be plain forbidden.
"If you are not living on the edge, you occupy too much space!"

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”