Stealth lore pets wtf

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Gandelf wrote:I was only referring to Assassin classes, not Archer classes, i.e. only Shadowblades, Nightshades and Infiltrators, with reference to the description to the Bladeturn spell on the Camelot Herald.

But thanks for the input anyway, I didn't know about the Archers' abilities in this area. :)
If talking about the SB's, Infils and NS's only about this, then u can't call it completely unfair they get "something". Without the fact they can do that, they can only melee, they have no other abilities to fight with, than poison their weaps <again which depends on their spec ofc>.
Whereas a caster has DD, Lifetap, Stun, Mezz, ... <depending on his class>.
Asking that the assassins can't "ignore" the bladeturn, which gives them an advantage, would be kinda the same as asking a caster to only use his DD, and not his other spells, since they can be found unfair then against melee chars as well.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

And don't forget that they have to sneak all the way up to you to be able to do their attack too.

/Ankh

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Satyn wrote:you've got a point there ... but are there other than stealthers classes that cant get grps these days then?
I think half the current visible classes / specs would struggle to get into a "good" rvr set-up these days. (hate to use the term FOTM).
Fighting Enviro-crime irl 8-)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Dardalion wrote:I think half the current visible classes / specs would struggle to get into a "good" rvr set-up these days. (hate to use the term FOTM).
We'll always have FOTM chars but I always thought any class except stealtherq got into a grp easy ... seems like i'm very wrong.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Satyn wrote:We'll always have FOTM chars but I always thought any class except stealtherq got into a grp easy ... seems like i'm very wrong.
Well spec issues aside (no one grps an enchantment chanter for the DA ;) ) i guess ..

Voidy = not wanted unless debuffing for a Bainshee (dont know how many actually do).

Menty = naff ML abilities, lack of utility.

Chanter = possibly overlooked in favour of (fotm) bainshee at the moment.

Vamp = leather armour, no Det, no stoicism, considered soft for fg rvr loads of utility though.

VW = cloth wearing tank, dont see many in fg rvr (not sure why, havent got one, but i think there good :blank: )

Hero = Lack of utility / DPS compared to BM & Champ. (love patch inc should change that though)

Animist = lack of utility & dps, only wanted in keep/tower/relic defence (amazing how they get nearly as many whine threads as bainshee's though)

Stealthers = as discussed, not allowed to solo, not allowed to add, not allowed to group with visibles, not allowed to group with each other :cow:

This is real generalisation, anyone who plays these classes i dont mean to offend & theres always exceptions. I think that its the player that makes the toon not the toon that makes the player but some classes simply offer more than others.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

:'( i wanted to rvr with my (so close to 50) vamp
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Dardalion
Emerald Rider

Post by Dardalion »

Satyn wrote::'( i wanted to rvr with my (so close to 50) vamp
I really enjoyed mine but found it impossible to get proper grps, solo was good for a while had some really good fights, won some, lost some.

I dont think there as OP'd as a lot of people make out but they are a good solid class, wish they got PD tbh.

Any thoughts on warden's ? i get the feeling there next in line for group exclusion :blank:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

give vamps stealth imo ;)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Jupiler
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupiler »

with the 1.81 hero changes..probably
&quot wrote:After playing zupiler and repeatedly getting beat by him (bastard)

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Dardalion wrote:I really enjoyed mine but found it impossible to get proper grps, solo was good for a while had some really good fights, won some, lost some.

I dont think there as OP'd as a lot of people make out but they are a good solid class, wish they got PD tbh.

Any thoughts on warden's ? i get the feeling there next in line for group exclusion :blank:
Agree, you know how I whine on about how stuff is overpowered and honestly I don't see why people whine about vamps, they're about where the new classes should have been. Valkyries/Heretics are a little gimp and Warlocks/Bainshees are horribly Op'd, Vamps are just about right imo.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”