Stealth lore pets wtf

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ovi wrote:I think non-stealthers that can't get into groups have probably the worst time.
you've got a point there ... but are there other than stealthers classes that cant get grps these days then?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

If a way could be found to include stealth as bigger part of open field "group" fighting then things might be better, but the only ways that is practical have a significant effect on gameplay, probably reducing combat speed significantly.
I think stealth can already be used to some extent in group fighting - on my minstrel I've found it good for tricking kiters into thinking you've gone away, they then come back to the fight only to have you unstealth on top of them and screw them, the core issue is that stealthers out of stealth are weaker than visibles.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

The other point I should like to make, is that Brittle Guard also makes up for the fact that Bladeturn does not work against assassin classes. As a caster, I've always thought that this was a little unfair. Why should Assassin classes get the ability to ignore Bladeturn? I'm not complaining, because the whole game is full of such "quirks" as this. So, Brittle Guard makes up for this quirk in my opinion.

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Gandelf wrote:I can appreciate that Brittle Guards are annoying to certain classes, but to be fair, not every caster has them because some casters don't go down the path of being a Convoker. Even when they do, it is sometimes the situation if you're a caster in a group, that you don't always get the chance to create a Brittle, because you're either stuck to someone in the group, or the rest of the group is running off and you want to keep up with them. So do you stop, to create a Brittle and lose speed, or do you stay with the group and hope you can create one if the group stops? It's quite difficult sometimes to get 4 Brittles up at once. And if you do get killed, sometimes the timer is not up on your Brittle, so you're running around without any, if you don't have time to wait.
Tbh i haven't been in a lot of groups yet, that don't stop every 10-15 mins just to let everyone recast buffs. With those i mean selfbuffs, resists, and even brittleguards. A group that doesn't rebuff, and therefor wouldn't give u the chance to cast ur brittle won't last long in RvR anyway.

Casters who don't have brittleguards like u said, don't have em cause they choose for another ML path. Which is their choice, so that surely wouldn't give them a reason to complain, since they can have otherwise if they want.

And in the end, winning a battle, be it solo or in group isn't just based on the class u play, but how u play it. People who don't know how to play their char can loose fights another person would have easily won.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Thandruil
Emerald Rider

Post by Thandruil »

Gandelf wrote:The other point I should like to make, is that Brittle Guard also makes up for the fact that Bladeturn does not work against assassin classes. As a caster, I've always thought that this was a little unfair. Why should Assassin classes get the ability to ignore Bladeturn? I'm not complaining, because the whole game is full of such "quirks" as this. So, Brittle Guard makes up for this quirk in my opinion.
Not completely right. All depends on the archers spec.
It's called Penetrate Arrow, not ignore bladeturn arrow ]CHANCE[/U] to penetrate bladeturn for 50% damage.
Speccing 40 bow gives u 75%, and speccing 50 bow gives u the full 100%.
That in mind and knowing a lot of archers have to spec stealth, pierce, blade, bestiary, or whatever spec they like, also means that only pure snipe archers go for the 50 bow. Which then means they are easy targets for other stealthers in melee, and all other classes.
Thandruil lvl51 Elf Ranger RR6L3 ML10 CL5 :thand:
Thand lvl51 Warden RR6L5 ML10 CL5:wave:
Vanara lvl50 Animist ML10
Extreme lvl50 Blademistress ML10

GM of Fallen Spirits :ranger:

Retired from DAoC now and started BF2142!

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Brittle guards are nonfactors in group RvR anyway, no assassin is gonna kill you in a group yet a tank assist train will insta-kill your brittles and still have enough hits to hit you in a single round assuming 2 dual weilders in the train + something else, not to mention random AE spam generally finishes them off pretty quick. Brittles are only really any good for soloing imo.

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Thandruil wrote:Not completely right. All depends on the archers spec.
It's called Penetrate Arrow, not ignore bladeturn arrow ]CHANCE[/U] to penetrate bladeturn for 50% damage.
That in mind and knowing a lot of archers have to spec stealth, pierce, blade, bestiary, or whatever spec they like, also means that only pure snipe archers go for the 50 bow. Which then means they are easy targets for other stealthers in melee, and all other classes.
Gandelf is talking about assassins, that's just for archers and only works vs. non-self bladeturn. Crit strike styles just outright bypass bladeturn.

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

What i found is that assasins in generall will attack targets they view as "weak", so the folks that get ganked by these assasins will go "im going to roll an assasin because they are overpowered" they then find out that most assasins solo very few of them group and those that do group get flamed for it .

Admittingly ive been on the receiving end of a 5 man assist stealth train in which NO way are the other people attacking me adds they are all grouped and the sole plan is to kill you and farm rps from soloers.

Also me on valkyrie and a bodygaurding + guarding warrior went in and killed a full group of them because they were stupid enough to try and pa me and fail at which point roundhouse styles with an end procing spear meant that i depopped most of the other stealthers around us. We then slam kileld every single one of the stealthers.

Now should it be that 2 people should be able to get away with killing 4 or 5 stealthers. Yes because 1. they were stupid enough to attack someone thought thought was weak. 2. very few people use valks effectivly and just write them off as "gimped".

The whole stealther war is always one that brings out the most amount of whiners on one side if the stealthers saying " we are weak we cant kill anything" and on the other side is the visibles saying "well you can kill most classes even fully buffed tanks".

I enjoy my thid SB but would i take her to 50 on a toa server Noway simple fact is that Assasins in general require a lot of equipment and realm ranks to be even effective. My vampire on the other hand doesnt need squat to roam around and murderise folks.

anywho i thought this was about the stealth lore pets. ?
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Thandruil wrote:Not completely right. All depends on the archers spec.

I was only referring to Assassin classes, not Archer classes, i.e. only Shadowblades, Nightshades and Infiltrators, with reference to the description to the Bladeturn spell on the Camelot Herald.

But thanks for the input anyway, I didn't know about the Archers' abilities in this area. :)

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Thandruil wrote:People who don't know how to play their char can loose fights another person would have easily won.

I agree entirely.

"Fumble" not only exists in-game, but in real life when you're trying to press the correct button on the keyboard, or when your room's so dark that you can't quite see the keys and press the wrong one! ;)

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”