Stealth lore pets wtf

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

how the permal stealth lore pet works like this.

Sorc/Mentalist/Minstrel doesnt matter which but all three can get this pet

You then run across any stealth heavy region with your pet on agressive and wait for the pet to pop a stealther you then proceed to either.

1. Ml9 your pet
2. stun nuke nuke nuke the target
3. stun dd dd kite stun dd dd

thats what the stealthers are whining at. However not to worry they are getting fixed some time next week so i wouldnt concern yourself about it just keep and eye on these pets and stay away from stealther heavy regions.

Or camp the mobs wait for someone to come along and gank them..
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Satyn wrote:deleted your cookies? says on the site that will help.

nah found this in FAQ
Q: Why can't you ever hatch the eggs on time? I hate that!
A: Because we, too, have lives outside of the graphics site and will not always have time to update the site.

there has been loads of comments made all about the non-egg hatching so spect theyre just busy.

we're all gonna prolly get a fried egg or something now ;)
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

Gandelf wrote:Well, they probably have to be very high in Realm Rank... so that is good.
Also, they need to be able to find the pets in the first place... so that's a bit of skill, is it not?

I mean, what sort of RR does the menta have to be to be able to charm these mobs with SL?
a minstrel with 50+11 instrument can charm them. Guess what RR he have to be

Grymligast
Emerald Rider

Post by Grymligast »

awarkle wrote:how the permal stealth lore pet works like this.

Sorc/Mentalist/Minstrel doesnt matter which but all three can get this pet

You then run across any stealth heavy region with your pet on agressive and wait for the pet to pop a stealther you then proceed to either.

1. Ml9 your pet
2. stun nuke nuke nuke the target
3. stun dd dd kite stun dd dd

thats what the stealthers are whining at. However not to worry they are getting fixed some time next week so i wouldnt concern yourself about it just keep and eye on these pets and stay away from stealther heavy regions.

Or camp the mobs wait for someone to come along and gank them..
A sorc can´t charm them. Only orange and red cons have perma SL

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

Grymligast wrote:Erm how is charming a pet with perma SL = playing his class good?
Well 80% of the time I lose to solo stealth is cos of them spamming run thru abuse, so imo popping with em with SL pets seems totally fine and good tactic tbh.
Mael, 50th ment.

<ankh>
Emerald Rider

Post by <ankh> »

Maeloch wrote:Well 80% of the time I lose to solo stealth is cos of them spamming run thru abuse
What's that?

/Ankh

Maeloch

Post by Maeloch »

<ankh> wrote:What's that?
Chain running thru a caster while you're meleeing it down so the casters keeps getting "You're target is out of view" while trying to cast. Stealth which is good or lucky at it can fuck up 4 or 5 casts, if you've been pa'd you won't often last that long. All decent stealthers do it.

Can counter to some extent either by facing 90 degrees away from the run thru abuser or running thru yourself so the stealther finds itself 300 odd units away and then you can cast normally, but either way it buys stealth time which is already running out when u had a pa stuck in you.
Mael, 50th ment.

Belgerath
Emerald Rider

Post by Belgerath »

[quote="Grymligast"]A sorc can&#180]
You can yellow 1's lvl 49/50 at berk tower 4 with stealth lore i might add
Why play cluster when classic is so much better!

Aerendur
Emerald Rider

Post by Aerendur »

awarkle wrote:Or camp the mobs wait for someone to come along and gank them..
Sssh. :) Ive gotten about 12k rp doing that last week!
US Classic (all realms) & Lance/Alb & Limors

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

I just got back from being away for ages. Although the subject has moved on, I just wanted to say I have never liked the stealth side of the game.

The stealth-ignoring pets do seem unfair to me, but then I've always thought the stealth game should be separated from the rest of the game. A lot of stealthers say the fun of it is fighting other stealthers and many will claim they don't gank people on easy kills, etc. That being the case, why not just have a separate zone for them or make it impossible for stealth and non-stealth to fight each other?

Stealth and non-stealth fighting doesn't add to the game. Either the stealther is caught unstealthed (or mid-fight) and killed easily, making him annoyed, or the stealther attacks by surprise and uses his I-win series of moves to gank someone, making the victim annoyed.

I've mentioned my dislike for stealth plenty of times before, and never got people hassling me the way Sat and Thand just double-teamed Gandelf. Where's all the hate come from? Does someone have an axe to grind from outside this discussion or something?
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”