1.81d

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Still this is pretty much a situation where we are given something good, and instead of seeing the good in it, you guys scream for more...

I dont mind spending a bit time given wood or summong wood (if i could) to a guy who repair, and then get rps for it, i can assure you that overall the people who spend most time in the keeps is the ones repairing, just because you summon wood, 1, 2 or even 3 times, it take much less time than to do the actually repair. And again, noone sais you cant just go woodworking your self and repair with your own wood for your own rps. Anyone have the option to go repair tbh.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Aran_Thule wrote: Infiltrator, Nightshade and Shadowblade

- The Strength/Con poisons have been replaced with Weaponskill/Con poisons. There has been no change made to the level required to use these poisons. Currently owned STR/CON poisons will not be altered, however Strength/Con poisons have been replaced with the Weaponskill/Con poison in tradeskill menus and in all merchant inventories. The amount of Weaponskill and Con debuffs are as follows:

Poisons 22: 12% Weaponskill & 45 Con
Poisons 29: 16% Weaponskill & 61 Con
Poisons 37: 20% Weaponskill & 81 Con
Poisons 47: 25% Weaponskill & 108 Con
Hm, this one is somehow strange. It was requested long ago by stealther community, that Str/Con is changed for DPS debuff/Con, simply because caster's were not affected by Str debuff. Instead of nerfing casters (vs assasins) they nerfed piercing weapon lines.

Other than that, as Edlina pointed out, another RP/hour increase, actualy almost 100% at high ranks. I don't really like the fact RPs will be gained 3x as fast as were in OF (reduces the value of past RPs). People worked hard for those RPs, and IMO average RP/h should be the same during the whole lifetime of the game. But I guess thats what people want - insta template, insta ML and insta RR5, but eventualy those easy gained RR5s will be pwned by zergs of RR10s so balance will stay the same...

As for RR13 - 60 million RPs? Good luck with it I'd say, if someone grinds that far, he may aswell have those 10 points and +1 skill :) Seeing that only a few in the world have 20 million + atm, and assuming 100% RP/h increase, it will still take em another 3,4 years to reach that.
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

HappyG wrote:Hm, this one is somehow strange. It was requested long ago by stealther community, that Str/Con is changed for DPS debuff/Con, simply because caster's were not affected by Str debuff. Instead of nerfing casters (vs assasins) they nerfed piercing weapon lines.
Stupid change that, its only usefull vs friars, and thats hardly an argument for such change. I cant see it being a real nerf to piercing though, will be roughly same amount of weaponskill they lose as if they lost the str instead. Suppose also for a regular stealther with slash weapons, its kind of a buff, should be a little less weaponskill lost with this.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Oh, it's also Scout nerf tbh, if they will use FZ/slam during the assasin fight, their bow skill will be lowered aswell... I wonder how their community will respond on this .)

Only thing that can save this is 1.83e - Poisons & procs (Malice) get immunity timers :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

HappyG wrote:Oh, it's also Scout nerf tbh, if they will use FZ/slam during the assasin fight, their bow skill will be lowered aswell... I wonder how their community will respond on this .)

Only thing that can save this is 1.83e - Poisons & procs (Malice) get immunity timers :)
Suppose it seems fair the poison works on archers, and as for the immunity timer on poison and procs, i sure hope there will be some brain involved in such idea, else it will ruin the whole idea of a assasin who have the skill to switch weapons for difference poison and such.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Henrock
Emerald Rider

Post by Henrock »

With that new formula a level 20 RR1.1 char is gonna be worth 55 rps if I did my calculations correct, how fun to cap out bgs in a few kills :P, unless ofcourse with realmlevels they actually mean realmranks instead.
Prydwen - inactive
Teth - Bladesong <Legacy>

Excalibur - inactive
Tethur - Lamedancer <Q Legacy Q>

Glastonbury - inactive
Teth - DIbot <Mucho Love>

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Hrymf wrote:Or you could go get your woodworking high your self and use YOUR summoned wood to repair the keep?

The whole "if he gets, then i want also" attitude this thread screams out is utter stupid, no way in hell someone pressing the button to summon a piece of wood should get rps, it cost you nothing, and its hardly a timesink to your ingame experiense. The reason they introduce something like this is simple to reward those few poor guys/girls who have always been loyal enough to take care of our keeps and such, and the worst thing with doing it, is the cash that it often cost, its not always easy to get everyone to bring wood, often most people just rush off and 1 guy is stuck there repairing and maybe even having to pay for the wood.

I think you should try consider how nice it is they introduce this to help our fellow repair crew, rather than scream out that then wood summoners deserve rps also, this situation reminds me purely of 2 kids where the one get a piece of candy, then the other one want as well....

I disagree entirely.

Without wood, the repairer can't do anything. Why should convokers even bother to summon wood? Answer that! We might as well not bother and let the repairers get on with it at their own expense. But, some of us do care about the Realm, unlike others. We want to see the keeps fully repaired and are willing to sacrifice our time to see that it gets done!

I'm happy to summon it for no reward at all, and that's how it should be. Therefore, repairers should be prepared to do the same. But, if Mythic has decided to reward repairers, then those who summon wood should get something too. Otherwise, why should Convokers even have the ability to summon wood? Answer that! I bet you can't! You tell me, also, when do Convokers ever summon wood except to aid in repairing keeps? They sure don't summon it for no reason at all, why?... because it is too heavy!! Even one batch of summoned wood is far too heavy. So heavy in fact, that you have to summon it right next to the repairer, because you can't move.

Mythic has obviously made it that way on purpose... so that summoned wood is created exactly when and where it is needed. There can be no other explanation. It is my guess that those who are so dead against Convokers getting even the slightest reward, are probably not Convokers themselves and are just plain jealous! I've known it where there has been just me and a repairer repairing Behn Keep. I've spent at least an hour summoning wood on occasions. That's an hour of my own time, in game time and in real time. Surely, it's not much to ask for some small reward? Why should anyone be so mean that they can't be in favour of such a reward.

It's just sour grapes.

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Gandelf wrote:I disagree entirely.
Without wood, the repairer can't do anything. Why should convokers even bother to summon wood? Answer that! We might as well not bother and let the repairers get on with it at their own expense. But, some of us do care about the Realm, unlike others. We want to see the keeps fully repaired and are willing to sacrifice our time to see that it gets done!.
Convokers do not have to use this ability and give the wood to the repairer. The repairer also can just buy the wood then take wood of the convokers that are kind enough to take 3 seconds to click one button and trade the wood.
Gandelf wrote:I'm happy to summon it for no reward at all, and that's how it should be. Therefore, repairers should be prepared to do the same. But, if Mythic has decided to reward repairers, then those who summon wood should get something too. Otherwise, why should Convokers even have the ability to summon wood? Answer that! I bet you can't! You tell me, also, when do Convokers ever summon wood except to aid in repairing keeps? They sure don't summon it for no reason at all, why?... because it is too heavy!! Even one batch of summoned wood is far too heavy. So heavy in fact, that you have to summon it right next to the repairer, because you can't move.

Repairers should get reward because:

1. They do not need convokers at all for there supply of wood
2. Takes alot more time to repair a keep hole from 0% to 100%, depending on level of the keep/tower
3. To be able to actually be any help at repairing keeps you need high wood working. Again depending on the level of the keep/tower

You can move when you summon wood, if buffed anyway... well i can, do not know if it is different for you.
Gandelf wrote:Mythic has obviously made it that way on purpose... so that summoned wood is created exactly when and where it is needed. There can be no other explanation. It is my guess that those who are so dead against Convokers getting even the slightest reward, are probably not Convokers themselves and are just plain jealous! I've known it where there has been just me and a repairer repairing Behn Keep. I've spent at least an hour summoning wood on occasions. That's an hour of my own time, in game time and in real time. Surely, it's not much to ask for some small reward? Why should anyone be so mean that they can't be in favour of such a reward.

The wood that is summoned be used for creating seige weapons also and not just supply wood to repairers (doesn't happen often). Being a convoker on a caster is helps you repair the keep as you do not have to keep running back and forth from DL/DC to the keep/tower to repair it. As you have a infinite supply of wood.

If your happy to summon wood for your own use or to help the realm repairers with no reward. Then why all the fuss for trying to get realm points for summoning wood every so often?
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Adalyn wrote:
Repairers should get reward because:

1. They do not need convokers at all for there supply of wood
2. Takes alot more time to repair a keep hole from 0% to 100%, depending on level of the keep/tower
3. To be able to actually be any help at repairing keeps you need high wood working. Again depending on the level of the keep/tower
1. They do need wood. Whether it be from a convoker, salvage or bought.
2. It would take a convoker longer to summon enough wood to repair to 100% than it takes a repairer to make the repairs, except on lower level keeps/towers.
3. Most crafters are made to make items or trinket, not to repair. Repairing comes as an added bonus.

I have chars on both sides of the fence, I would rather repair then summon any day, and the job is easier iof you have 3+ summoners per repairer. Maybe it would even be better to stop the reward for the repairer, and only give it to the Summoners instead :o

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Ovi wrote:1. They do need wood. Whether it be from a convoker, salvage or bought.
2. It would take a convoker longer to summon enough wood to repair to 100% than it takes a repairer to make the repairs, except on lower level keeps/towers.
3. Most crafters are made to make items or trinket, not to repair. Repairing comes as an added bonus.

I have chars on both sides of the fence, I would rather repair then summon any day, and the job is easier iof you have 3+ summoners per repairer. Maybe it would even be better to stop the reward for the repairer, and only give it to the Summoners instead :o
No point arguing about this to people that want rps for summoning wood at all as they seem to have nothing better to do. If you want rps for helping at keeps/towers, go repair them instead of buying/summoning wood for the repairer. Oh look if there wasn't a repairer you wouldn't need to summon/buy wood. Even if they did for some reason give rps for a convoker to summon wood then people would just roll a caster and use a macro to get high rr while they sleep/school etc. So it won't work at all.
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”