1.81d

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Hmm, im not sure i understand the healing rps gain, do you only gain rps by healing other targets, or your self also? If you can simple gain rps by healing your self, it seems rather easy to "powerlevel" your self as long you can heal.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

Kari
Emerald Rider

Post by Kari »

Whoever is being healed needs to be considered in 'rvr combat' ie. damaged by another player or a pet - therefore any 'rp pl' would have to be done in a similar way to current rp farming, and certainly be considered as a bannable offense imo - should be relatively easy to notice aswell with /stats command & server logs.

Hrymf
Emerald Rider

Post by Hrymf »

Kari wrote:Whoever is being healed needs to be considered in 'rvr combat' ie. damaged by another player or a pet - therefore any 'rp pl' would have to be done in a similar way to current rp farming, and certainly be considered as a bannable offense imo - should be relatively easy to notice aswell with /stats command & server logs.
Run to a tower filled with archers or other enemies, get hurt, run off range, heal up gaining rps, run back in, and just keep on doing this, seems like an easy way of rps.
Inzo Nightshade 7Lx
Inzak Warden 8lx
Inzork Blademaster 6lx

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

You get the rp when the person doing the damage dies, not just by healing.
~

Adalyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Adalyn »

Gandelf wrote:What about players who summon wood for repairers? Do they get a share of the Realm Points? They should do in my opinion.
lol, summoning wood with ml1 convoker takes a second and then a few more seconds trading it to someone. So why should you get rps for it? you're doing nothing with the wood except giving it to someone else to do the work for the rps.
Albion/Excalibur

Adalyn - Eagle Knight - ML10

<Synergy>

Hibernia/Prydwen

Fishyflaps - Grove Protector - Ml3

<Marsh Horde>

:treeee:

Asterixxx
Emerald Rider

Post by Asterixxx »

Adalyn wrote:lol, summoning wood with ml1 convoker takes a second and then a few more seconds trading it to someone. So why should you get rps for it? you're doing nothing with the wood except giving it to someone else to do the work for the rps.
this is exaclty right, its fair for the rapairer to get Rp's as they have took the time out to craft in woodworking (or whatever i dont know much of crafting) to a higher lvl to make the repairing possible + they have to stand there for an age, where as the people giving the wood take 30 seconds out of their busy schedule to pass wood over. i dont see how that merits Rp's?
Hrymf wrote:Run to a tower filled with archers or other enemies, get hurt, run off range, heal up gaining rps, run back in, and just keep on doing this, seems like an easy way of rps.
im pretty sure if u actually killed them you would get more Rp's than the 5% of the amount healed.
asterix2:
"How do you pick up the threads of an old life, how do you go on, when in your heart you know, There is no going back. There are some things that time cannot mend, some hurts that go too deep..."
Frodo Baggins, LOTR
"All my life i have lived by a code. Honour the Gods, Love your Woman, and Defend your Country!"
Prince Hector, Troy
Gandelf wrote:Dark Age of Crashalot

Dallanah
Emerald Rider

Post by Dallanah »

That´s love!!!!!!!!!!!!!:satyn1:

Heta
Emerald Rider

Post by Heta »

Hrymf wrote:Hmm, im not sure i understand the healing rps gain, do you only gain rps by healing other targets, or your self also? If you can simple gain rps by healing your self, it seems rather easy to "powerlevel" your self as long you can heal.
your healing count as dmg in the rp formula on the target the one you are healing is figthing
Woho! I got a 360 \o/

Gandelf

Post by Gandelf »

Adalyn wrote:lol, summoning wood with ml1 convoker takes a second and then a few more seconds trading it to someone. So why should you get rps for it? you're doing nothing with the wood except giving it to someone else to do the work for the rps.

That's not the point. The summoner has to stay there to summon wood. The repairer doesn't really do anything different, other than click a repair button. Without the wood, the repairer can't repair. Therefore, it's the time element that's important. Because lots of wood is usually required, and because the timer on the summon wood ability is what it is, Convokers can neither summon wood rapidly and then go and do something else, or summon wood, go and do something else, then come back to summon more.

When everyone else buggers off to get some RvR, the repairers and convokers are left behind repairing and summoning. Therefore Convokers should get the same rp rewards as repairers.

Cernos
Emerald Rider

Post by Cernos »

Gandelf wrote:Therefore Convokers should get the same rp rewards as repairers.
You can't just earn RPs for summoning wood, that would give Convokers a free RP machine. You'd have to track the wood and award RPs if it got used for repairs, which would be hard to implement.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”