The importance of being earnest... er honest

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Ovi wrote:That isn't the point. The point is, given that they are private and restricted, the content should not be taken and quoted elsewhere.

Whether the content should be restricted is a different discussion.
Its not your point, but it is mine.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

awarkle wrote:well from my experiences as being an E&e most of the forum stuff is generaly about either problems with the servers aka an artis gone wrong, bug abusers, and future patch testing.

If the goa forums were open and people read that i had seen xxx player obviously speed hacking across the realm the whole forum would turn into a name and blame game.

Or testing for a future patch or a goa event if everyone could read that where would the fun be. I read information which might help me in helping you, if goa choose to supply that information to me. They dont have to really tell us anything about anything they didnt have to inform the player base about the prydwen crash they could have said "yeah we lost some items tough luck" but they explained what happened to the e&e's. OK its not the best way and there isnt reason why the GM's cant just explain it without the e&e's but we are there as volunteers. Im an E&e to help the game run smoothly if that means i try and get cheaters banned AKA speed hack, radar, geometry abuse does that make me a bad person ?

the thing is the forums when we say Btw we think xxx player is cheating it means that us e&e's even if we are on the same server can either keep and eye on them or notice them from the other realm when we are fighting them. OR bug exploits there is one which im aware of that i could exploit quite a bit but im aware of it and i suspect other players are aware of it but at least i can look for the signs of the exploit and if necessary pm them and tell them to stop. They dont have to listen to me and noone does im not a GM im not employed by goa im just someone who is trying to keep the game fair. Like you all should be doing.

people will say what they want i just think this whole episode has probbaly ruined a lot of peoples view of other people.

If you love the game and enjoy the comunity then fair enough voice your concerns but dont go on a crusade to ruin it for other people.

If your just here to troll and ruin it for other people then i would say your not a person i would like to group with.
Forums can be divided into subject areas.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

if its really really really important for you to see what goes on in the E&e forums then apply and you will see its not some kind of alladins cave where we get told secrets like who got banned for radar abuse last week.
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

awarkle wrote:if its really really really important for you to see what goes on in the E&e forums then apply and you will see its not some kind of alladins cave where we get told secrets like who got banned for radar abuse last week.
Damn you got me! ;)
Inactive

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

not so much an aladins cave as a pandoras box awarkle. As the little bit that leaxed has well and truly displayed.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

awarkle wrote:if its really really really important for you to see what goes on in the E&e forums then apply and you will see its not some kind of alladins cave where we get told secrets like who got banned for radar abuse last week.
Was more interested making public info available regarding lag problems, resotration etc as and when its said. Radar abuse etc needs to be handled as a private matter. Anyway it's almost certainly a moot point as I dont imagine it will even be considered, but could you raise it awarkle, i'm sure you could come up with a viable option that would give access to important discussions regarding patching progress, bug fixs status, restoration status etc while hiding away the irrelevant stuff. Or cant you see any point in some of it being made public directly atall?

*edit
Oh and I did consider applying to be an E&E, even asked takits a while back if goa were still recruiting. Think iv'e burnt my bridges now though.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cromcruaich wrote:Was more interested making public info available regarding lag problems, resotration etc as and when its said. Radar abuse etc needs to be handled as a private matter. Anyway it's almost certainly a moot point as I dont imagine it will even be considered, but could you raise it awarkle, i'm sure you could come up with a viable option that would give access to important discussions regarding patching progress, bug fixs status, restoration status etc while hiding away the irrelevant stuff. Or cant you see any point in some of it being made public directly atall?

*edit
Oh and I did consider applying to be an E&E, even asked takits a while back if goa were still recruiting. Think iv'e burnt my bridges now though.

So you want the Private E&E forum made public, but have the bits that should be private kept private, which is why the forum was there in the first place?

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Ovi wrote:So you want the Private E&E forum made public, but have the bits that should be private kept private, which is why the forum was there in the first place?
Mr negative. I can see how it could be beneficial for communication to make some of it public, cant you or are you just being flippant?

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Cromcruaich wrote:Mr negative. I can see how it could be beneficial for communication to make some of it public, cant you or are you just being flippant?

You used the arguement that the E&E forum should be public to suggest Keriwen was right to make this thread. You have now said that some of what is posted should remain private. Can't have it both ways.

I entirely agree that it would be beneficial to have some public communication. There are things in place for public communication: the home page, GM's posting on FH etc. Yes I know that these are not good enough (Not even convinced Goa would suggest that they are...), but that is the problem to be addressed, not making the E&E forum public, and certainly not abusing the priviledge of access to the forums.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Ovi,

have you thought that if the communication was sufficient, open and good that these things would not happen in the first place? Perhaps the release of this sort of information is an indication of how badly they communicate?

Do not blame someone for reacting to structural wrongs rather ask why it had to happen like this and then you might find where the soruce of the problem is. It would be better to go analyse the source of the problem and suggest improvements than run around complaining at one individual who broke a protocol.

BTW folks don't let the discussion get out of hand it has been robust thus far lets keep it steady.

Sharkith

edited - used a bad word there sorry.
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”