The importance of being earnest... er honest

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Kari
Emerald Rider

Post by Kari »

Well, although it seems to be flavour of the month to arse kiss GM's, I would much prefer an honest answer. It does no one anygood when GM's are stating there is no login problem/lag when we all know there is - the cause is largely irrelevent, pressure must be applied from the companies using these services. It does no one any good when they are told the item restoration is ongoing when they are still paying for a service they cannot use & awaiting restoration months down the line.
I also understand that it's not the GM's fault, that they can only say what they are allowed to say - do what they are allowed to do, but they are the public face, it's part of the job & what they are paid for. Without explanation, people get angry.

If many other companies operated the way GOA have done over the last few months with untruths to their customers combined with very poor service & database handling, they would soon be out of customers. As it is & due to the nature of online gaming & the addictive nature of the product & the relationships built with other players, many of us put up with it when we shouldn't.

Thanks for posting this Keriwin, it gives an insight to the background machinations at least.

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Well am gonna raise my voice to give a different opinion instead.
Keriwin was well aware that making that thread public would have called upon him a storm, but he decided to make it anyway to let all community know what's real situation atm and being able to make its own decisions consciously. Also i find rather amusing that, all of a sudden, XML seems returning to life but ofc it was because they were already working on it or not? :d
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Xest wrote:No please we already had to decide whether to warn Ovi for that one and have decided no. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean it literally so can people kindly not repeat that one :p ? Anger or not there's no need for the personal insults towards him.
If it is unacceptable for people to respond to that invitation by Keriwin, maybe it would be an idea if the invitation was removed from the initial post on this thread.

Like Ovi I don't find the initial post admirable. I don't want to accept any invitations to flame.

Takitothemacs
Emerald Rider

Post by Takitothemacs »

Kallima wrote:If it is unacceptable for people to respond to that invitation by Keriwin, maybe it would be an idea if the invitation was removed from the initial post on this thread.

Like Ovi I don't find the initial post admirable. I don't want to accept any invitations to flame.
First post edited to remove the offencive word.
Hib Pryd/Excal Retired
Littlefirby Lv51 ML9 CL10 Lurishade Thunderer

Mid Avalon - Retired
Cartilage - Lv 50 Bonedancer
Tigerstripe - LV50 Mauler
Xanidiu - Shammy BB

Kallima

Post by Kallima »

Takitothemacs wrote:First post edited to remove the offencive word.
Goodie

Shike

Post by Shike »

Gahn wrote:Well am gonna raise my voice to give a different opinion instead.
Keriwin was well aware that making that thread public would have called upon him a storm, but he decided to make it anyway to let all community know what's real situation atm and being able to make its own decisions consciously. Also i find rather amusing that, all of a sudden, XML seems returning to life but ofc it was because they were already working on it or not? :d
I dont mind if someone is posting info that isnt for the public with the participants permission, and that doesnt seem to be the case here.

If anything, this should be a warningsignal to GOA that the E&Esystem is flawed and need to be looked over, ppl have clearly showed that they cant be trusted with internal info and that is the bad thing here.

Dont misunderstand me, I dislike GOAs way of handeling their public communications and problems just about as much as everyone else has. Read my post here to see how I feel about state of things:

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2569946&postcount=14

But, betraying trust is just something I wouldnt do, Keriwin did this on a large scale before and he did it now again, back then I said he isnt to be trusted, and I objected strongly in public when he became an E&E but alot of people just accepted it anyway. Look at him now. Is this when I should say: Told you so? Dont you realise that this incident actually hurt the communitys ways of communicating with the GMs, our only link to the hellhole that is GOA? Is it really so clever to just take that link and trash it, I cant believe some people actually defend this behaviour. Do you seriosly think that the GMs ever again will share internal relevant information to E&E again if stuff like this happens, and our community doesnt condemn it?

What you do is that you send a signal to E&Es who might interpret it like, hey, I dont have to worry about if I share exclusive information anymore, the community accepts it and all is fine and dandy, but its not. You also send a signal to the GMs that the community think crap like this is fine, its fine to go behind their back and treat them like trash. All is fine and dandy. We can insult them, we can puke at them, we can betray them and most important of it all, we dont have to suffer any consequenses for it.

Really?

Things suck really bad sure but it wont help to pull off things like this.
~o~
Shikei, Temples, Shike, Imidyr and Shiko
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Xest
Emerald Rider

Post by Xest »

Kallima wrote:If it is unacceptable for people to respond to that invitation by Keriwin, maybe it would be an idea if the invitation was removed from the initial post on this thread.

Most people are capable of realising he didn't mean it in a literal sense, even those who did respond to it I'm pretty sure did so knowing that, however this is why we haven't issued warnings in this case, any responses in that respect from now on however will be issued warnings.
OFFICER XEST - PROTECTING YOU AGAINST FORUM CRIME
Che Xefan, el presidente.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Shike wrote:Is this when I should say: Told you so?
Why yes, yes it is. ;)
look, no hands!

Now retired

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

Xest wrote:Most people are capable of realising he didn't mean it in a literal sense, even those who did respond to it I'm pretty sure did so knowing that, however this is why we haven't issued warnings in this case, any responses in that respect from now on however will be issued warnings.
Yes I do realise he didn't mean it literally, however it is one of the few times I have ever thought the word was deserved! I still shouldn't have posted as I did, somewhat hypocritical given my views on posting bad language on forums :(

I find it rather sad that even though he knew it "would call a storm on him" as gahn said, even though nothing contained in what he posted wasn't already known, even though he could see that Takits post had caused as much arguing between the community as condemnation of Goa, he still went ahead and posted it.

Satyn, I did "think for one minute why he did it.", in fact I took a bit longer than a minute since I didn't like the answer I was coming to after the first minute. I think that the best way I can describe why *I* think he did it is that he was "glory hunting".

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Takitothemacs wrote:First post edited to remove the offencive word.

Whats the point having a filter?

Or are people offended by stars? or the implication of swearing? aswell as the words themselves? or is it just me who see's **

Too much do-gooder and whiner types in these here parts of late :p
look, no hands!

Now retired

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”