FAO any GM

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Drahminn
Emerald Rider

FAO any GM

Post by Drahminn »

Hi whichever GM sees this.

Bit of an odd request but ive been in the E&E channel over the last 4 nights without any respose let alone progress.

Id like to show you a messed up mechanic in game which i think could lead to possible bug abuse, its concerning movement speed. I dont want to elaborate due to obvious reasons.

Reason i think this needs to be looked at and not right-nowed is because i reported it on the US servers when i was on merlin and i must have contacted the special needs department as he couldnt see anything wrong... (which clearly wasnt the case in my eyes). I ts not exactly easy to word how it works and what the result is, it really needs to be experienced in-game.

Please could any GM get in contact with me here either by PM or post so i can arrange a time to show/explain this "bug" to see if its intended/can be fixed/cant be fixed.

Cheers

Sturgis Podmore
Emerald Rider

Post by Sturgis Podmore »

Drahminn wrote:Id like to show you a messed up mechanic in game which i think could lead to possible bug abuse, its concerning movement speed. I dont want to elaborate due to obvious reasons.
Spoil sport!

Tell us all TBH :)

Hibernia Prydwen

Sturgis Podmore • Lvl 50 Druid • ML5 Perfecter

Albus Dumbledore • Lvl 50 Enchanter

Drahminn
Emerald Rider

Post by Drahminn »

Whats in it for me? :P

Aneline
Emerald Rider

Post by Aneline »

sounds like the water surface bug ;P

if it is, we know, and they know,
Mid/excal - Aneline, + more
Hib/Pryd - Aneline, + more
Alb/classic - Aneline, + more
:coffee2:

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

Yeah I was thinking about that bug too

/Ankh

Keriwin
Emerald Rider

Post by Keriwin »

can you show this 'bug'? if so PM me a place and time for you to show me if GM doesn't respond and will post as best as can on internals.
Keriwin - Warrior
<<Lost Vikings>>
<<<Midgard-Lancelot>>>

Keriwin - Vampiir
<<Na Fianna Dragun >>
<<<Hibernia-Prydwen>>>

HappyG
Emerald Rider

Post by HappyG »

Aneline wrote:sounds like the water surface bug ]
I ts not exactly easy to word how it works and what the result is
water surface bug is easy to explain, so I guess it's not that :)
Hep, treated MMORPG addict, on the way to master his uni
Morana, one of a few Rangers, that did not Zerg. Retired for good.

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

over weekends there is little chance of getting hold of a gm, and i would recomend if you think its a bug problem then rightnow it as thats what the gms will say anyways.

The water bug is where you go into water and you move at a set rate no matter how much damage you have taken so if your on 5% hp you will move as if you have 100%.

Thats the bug its also an exploit so if someone your fighting purposfully dives into the water to get away from you then screenshot right now and let the peeps at goa sort it out.

The other reason i dont use the IRC channel because of being whined at for not helping people out with problems that are beyond my control. So if you see me online (look at E&E post then ill help out) else sorry but i dont use the irc channel.
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

Ankh Morpork

Post by Ankh Morpork »

awarkle wrote: Thats the bug its also an exploit so if someone your fighting purposfully dives into the water to get away from you then screenshot right now and let the peeps at goa sort it out.
So what if they dive to get away from your arrows? Or go up and down to avoid you? :)

/Ankh

Drahminn
Emerald Rider

Post by Drahminn »

It isnt water bug... Tho i assume it can be used in water.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”