Nazis, etc

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Jusat because you don't find it offensive doesn't mean other don't / won't.
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Erce

Post by Erce »

Basically here we have two people being treated differently cos the mods "know" one of them and read into his/her post how they know the person would have meant it.

The other post got moderated cos Satyn didn;t know them, for all they know the use of the word nazi may be a usual word to them.( rightly or wrongly is not actually of any consequesnce here) So in the posters eyes it was not so insulting, in the moderators eys it may have been.

The point is EITHER you give EVERYONE the benefit of the doubt (would be my choice) OR are hard on everyone, at the moment we have a mixture which is causing confusion it appears.

EDIT: you see, Satyn, you don;t find the word homosexual insulting, but others might, you find the word mod-nazi insulting, others might read into it something other than the images it brings to you... different people think different ways, and mods have the difficult task of sorting that out. Probably, if it was me, I would see if a comment causes other people to take offence, if I were the only one who said "ouch" then I would assume it was something specific to me and let it pass, mods are here for the whole forum, and as such, unfortuately they have to let their own feelings pass by i guess....

This is all IMO ofc, some may thinkits a lot of rubbish, but its what i believe and is therefore of as much merit as anyone elses opinion:-)

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Scabs wrote:Jusat because you don't find it offensive doesn't mean other don't / won't.
Its possible that mods overlook a flame or an insult. If you feel that someone is treating you bad or you have been insulted feel free to PM a mod and they will look into it. The person who Xest said to: bla bla bla homosexual world bla bla didnt take it offensive cos he knew xest was having a laugh.
So imo nobody has to speak in that persons name and say that it was offensive. Same as nobody has to tell me that Loth didnt mean it like I read it, his ban will end soon (it prolly has already) and he's free to tell me himself. But that wont change my opinion about his warning/ban.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Satyn wrote:Its possible that mods overlook a flame or an insult. If you feel that someone is treating you bad or you have been insulted feel free to PM a mod and they will look into it. The person who Xest said to: bla bla bla homosexual world bla bla didnt take it offensive cos he knew xest was having a laugh.
So imo nobody has to speak in that persons name and say that it was offensive. Same as nobody has to tell me that Loth didnt mean it like I read it, his ban will end soon (it prolly has already) and he's free to tell me himself. But that wont change my opinion about his warning/ban.
So if i call someone a motherf**king donkey dating nob jockey, and they don't pm a mob it's ok?
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

[quote="Erce"]Basically here we have two people being treated differently cos the mods "know" one of them and read into his/her post how they know the person would have meant it.

The other post got moderated cos Satyn didn]

but these are not my feelings alone, as you have read in this post a lot of ppl take offence by the use of the word nazi. Its not my view alone. I dont regret it and I would do it all over again if it would happen again even after all the defending I had to do in this thread. Its what I stand for and being critisized by ppl wont change that for a bit. ( not saying that you do)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i think its the fact of who it was directed at.
At the end of the day the wording was directed at someone who feels strongly about the word being used. Wether people on the board think its a silly thing to be annoyed about is nothing as its down to the person being called it.
If someone else had been called a nazi and had complained to the mods who then enforced it with a warning - would this dicussion have evolved?
or is it because it was directed at someone who was at liberty to make a warning without consulting people that the discussion has continued?
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

Scabs wrote:So if i call someone a motherf**king donkey dating nob jockey, and they don't pm a mob it's ok?
Maybe, it would be down to the mod's opinion. However, if the "target" was to PM the mod and tell him that he didn't have a problem with it, then the warning would almost certainly be lifted.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Lairiodd
Emerald Rider

Post by Lairiodd »

In any case, the rule is don't direct insults at other people. If you do, then you risk a warning. I think the problem is that people are taking them way to personally. We have changed the code so that now only the 2nd warning shows up in red.
Prydwen
Lairiodd Level 50 Nightshade and Legendary Grandmaster Smith (1065) check prices here
Lairirian Level 50 Mana Mentalist and Legendary Spellcrafter (TDD)
Lairgreybark Level 50 Arb Animist
Lairmindlock Level 50 Bard (TDD)
Camlann
Lairthall Level 35+ Friar

Stocking one 99% of most of the useful spellcrafting gems at Houses 3304 and 3306

Over 150 gems at 99% stocked

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Lairiodd wrote:Maybe, it would be down to the mod's opinion. However, if the "target" was to PM the mod and tell him that he didn't have a problem with it, then the warning would almost certainly be lifted.
But how would I know that the person saying that to me had been warned for saying iot to me :)
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Scabs wrote:But how would I know that the person saying that to me had been warned for saying iot to me :)
contact a mod
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Off Topic”