WTS 7.10 off topic posts

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Cryn wrote:How come these comments about trade have been moved to the spam section?

Is something considered spam now if Quninlan disagrees with it? I thought the job of a moderator was to stop things getting out of hand, not make things worse or abuse moderator powers to further his own opinion.

It's a slippery slope whem mods start doing stuff like this.
I agree fully with Quin, not because he's a co-mod, not because i like him but because he's right.
The thread was made to sell something to not nag in.

And if you think its so easy to be a mod then think again. Its not.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cryn wrote: Is something considered spam now if Quninlan disagrees with it? I thought the job of a moderator was to stop things getting out of hand, not make things worse or abuse moderator powers to further his own opinion.
A nothing like a good withhunt hey Cryn. Maybe start a poll...
finland:
holland:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

cut it out the both of you.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Quinlan wrote:A nothing like a good withhunt hey Cryn. Maybe start a poll...
k m8
~

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Cryn wrote:How come these comments about trade have been moved to the spam section?

forgot to say one thing tho, this isnt the spam section this is off topic.
right is right!
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Quinlan put the word "spam" in the title when he moved it, clearly showing he thought the discussion was worthless.

When Quinlan moved this thread, he did not act as a moderator should. A moderator, attempting to regulate the board within the terms of the accepted ways we behave would have either:

a) Split it and left this section in the trade forum, since it relates to a specific trade taking place there.

or b) Put it into the general discussion forum, since whatever you might want to say, categorising this discussion as "Non-DAoC" (as the off topic forum is described) is clearly not right.

In addition to moving it to the correct forum, someone acting as a moderator would have:

1) Made a note in the original thread stating that a side discussion had beem moved.

2) Made a note in THIS thread explain the action he had taken and allowing the discussion to pick up where it left off.

You don't need to take my word for any of the above statements. Look around this board and others at where people performing moderator tasks have split threads and see how they did it.

So why, instead of doing those things, did Quinlan instead choose to unhelpfully just move this to the off topic section, add the word "spam" to the title and not give any clues to anyone who might want to carry on the discussion?

We all know the answer. Quinlan doesn't like people complaining and also (from his tone) apparently has some kind of axe to grind against me personally (presumably because I have disagreed with him vocally a few times). Using his moderator position to further his own agenda and engage in petty points scoring is wrong.

I reckon people should either be moderators or be opinionated posters. Quinlan wants to be both but (unlike Xest, in my opinion), doesn't have the self-restraint to resist using his mod position to further his opinion.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cryn you forgot to add IMO in the beginning.

/checks his agenda to see what to do next and when his burning is scheduled
finland:
holland:

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

This EXACT topic has been discussed time and time again, so whether you like it or not, it is worthless spam. Instead of retyping all the crap thats been said before, just go bump one (or several!) of the other threads about this.
~

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cryn wrote:I reckon people should either be moderators or be opinionated posters. Quinlan wants to be both but (unlike Xest, in my opinion), doesn't have the self-restraint to resist using his mod position to further his opinion.
I laughed loudest at this. I wasnt even involved in the discussion i just deleted posts and gave a general warning to stop the discussion the thread and to start a new thread if people wanted to continue.

So how my dear Cryn did i abuse the mod rights to put my opinion forward?
finland:
holland:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Ok like the thread said this is spam and since this is starting to become a Cryn vs Quin discussion i sujest you two fight it further in pm's.

I will move this thread and lock it.
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Return to “Off Topic”