WTS 7.10 off topic posts

A forum for anyhing not game related.
Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

It was wrong for Quin to criticise the post himself after deleting other posts but he did do the right thing by deleting the other posts.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Bugzy wrote:It was wrong for Quin to criticise the post himself after deleting other posts but he did do the right thing by deleting the other posts.
Maybe indeed i shouldnt have said anything indeed. My thinking at the time was to stop it going on, instead of pm-ing every single person thought i would post a post.
finland:
holland:

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

BURN HIM
~

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

stupeh wrote:BURN HIM
Then put him out and burn him again!!
look, no hands!

Now retired

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

How come these comments about trade have been moved to the spam section?

Is something considered spam now if Quninlan disagrees with it? I thought the job of a moderator was to stop things getting out of hand, not make things worse or abuse moderator powers to further his own opinion.

It's a slippery slope whem mods start doing stuff like this.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Killder
Emerald Rider

Post by Killder »

All I think Quin was trying to do was keep the Trade thread full of bids for the cloak separate from what many consider legitimate whine threads about why the cloak is up for sale.

Should there be 2 separate threads?

First is an auction thread for what is, after all, a sexi-looking and sought after item - dont think people are objecting to the principles of auctioning it or in fact how much it goes/starts for.

Second is a mega-whine thread objecting to the fact that the cloak was pre-claimed only to be sold the very same/next day (placed on CM for 120plat!) - I always thought that items that were 'needed' by a raid leader were pre-claimed rather than the ones considered most 'profitable' - did the pre-claimed LS 3o3 and MT 3o3 go the same way???

Kari
Emerald Rider

Post by Kari »

Killder wrote:Second is a mega-whine thread objecting to the fact that the cloak was pre-claimed only to be sold the very same/next day (placed on CM for 120plat!) - I always thought that items that were 'needed' by a raid leader were pre-claimed rather than the ones considered most 'profitable' - did the pre-claimed LS 3o3 and MT 3o3 go the same way???
To be honest, if you go on a raid where the leader states beforehand that he will claim an item then he/she can claim whatever he likes, and by participating you are agreeing to it.
The only thing you (collective 'you' not aimed at anyone in particular) can do if you dont like pre-claiming is not go on the raid.

It may be bad form to claim to sell, but hey-ho. Personally I have no issue with it since I could never be bothered with the hassle of leading a crew through a ml in any way shape or form :)

Elferior
Emerald Rider

Post by Elferior »

Cryn wrote:How come these comments about trade have been moved to the spam section?

Is something considered spam now if Quninlan disagrees with it? I thought the job of a moderator was to stop things getting out of hand, not make things worse or abuse moderator powers to further his own opinion.

It's a slippery slope whem mods start doing stuff like this.
Seems to me it was erec that made the post, no?

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Just to add

I don't see a prob with this being moved to spam, I do have issues with posts being deleted though.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I agree with the post being split, I do think it would be better in the main forum rather than spam since it is related to Prydwen.

I don't like posts being deleted though unless they are very offensive, or repeatedly break the rules.

Return to “Off Topic”