For ppl not using Irc. (start doing so!)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cromcruaich wrote:You can find my thread about irc banning somewhere here if your bothered. My slightly sarcastic response was a device to illustrate a point, i was hoping it didnt require further explanation :)
I know crom and i hoped the ':p' smily showed my intention
finland:
holland:

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Quinlan wrote:I know crom and i hoped the ':p' smily showed my intention
It's so hard to interpret the exact intention behind a smiley, I hope my post clarified the situation.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Lothandar wrote:It is your responsibility to set your communication tools up properly.

If you fail to do so and your computer is used in a dos attack within a cluster of 500-5000 machines you're part of the attack.

Sure sure it's the trojans writer who is wrong, but we can't blame everything on these malicious things. It is possible to avoid getting a trojan on irc. So we should

Setting irc up to only accept files from people I want it to accept from is a minor trip to the dcc menu.
As someone who is worked in IT for 10 years I appreciate and fully understand that you need be be aware and take steps to ensure your well being online.

But explain to me how someone who doesn't know how to do this or that its even required would go about doing it or even know they had to? you like many others assume that everyone else has your knowledge, the truth of the matter is they don't.

Like mr smith buys a pc from the shop takes it home opens the box and sees a blindig flash of light and someone appear to explain all this to him?

You clearly have no clue about computer users how does someone who doesn't even know a risk exists protect themselves from it?
look, no hands!

Now retired

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

I used to use IRC a lot when I was RvRing daily in a guild large & dedicated enough to be able to put out 2-3 RvR FGs at a time.

The main uses apart from straight RvR info were arranging duels, discussing various cheats, discussing how to hack peoples PCs, stroking epeens, being generally as insulting as possible ... & this was on one of the supposedly more mature servers. After ToA it just deteriorated into utter purility. As such it never really appealed to me, & I was never really happy using it. But to each their own IMO. Live & let live.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Cromcruaich wrote:It's so hard to interpret the exact intention behind a smiley, I hope my post clarified the situation.
Especially the smileys here can give the wrong idea of what one is really meaning..

the : o smiley.... :o .. It is supposed to show that I am surprised/shocked.. not blushing :s
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

It is called ashamed if i recall right. Normally people who are ashamed blush like a tomato.
finland:
holland:

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Quinlan wrote:It is called ashamed if i recall right. Normally people who are ashamed blush like a tomato.
But I am not ashamed :<
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Satyn wrote:Gahn has his way of thinking about Irc ... Quin has his way of thinking about Irc

need i say more?
yes - I am confused. :satyn1:
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

centurion wrote:But I am not ashamed :<
then pick another smilie :)
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM