For ppl not using Irc. (start doing so!)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Mojo wrote:No actually.

It's not always that obviouse to the less savvy, someone taking advantage of you is their issue not yours tbh.

It is your responsibility to set your communication tools up properly.

If you fail to do so and your computer is used in a dos attack within a cluster of 500-5000 machines you're part of the attack.

Sure sure it's the trojans writer who is wrong, but we can't blame everything on these malicious things. It is possible to avoid getting a trojan on irc. So we should

Setting irc up to only accept files from people I want it to accept from is a minor trip to the dcc menu.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Me thinks u really don't get it, did i EVER said that no1 should use it? Besides u there are some ppl who just says what they think, without pretending to convince others of their point of view.
But nm tbh, since ofc u can't really have a discussion.
Owwww
finland:
holland:

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Quinlan wrote: 2. Getting information real time about any part of the game from a group of people who is very happy to explain
Must try this, i'll call myself StuckNoob and ask 'what are buffs?' and 'how do i get into the frontiers'. Wonder what the information real time will be ...
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Ovi
Emerald Rider

Post by Ovi »

I used to use IRC a lot before I started playing MMORPGS. It was a very useful tool for clan communications and discussion about non-persistent games. Since playing MMORPGS though I see very little point in it since those that I want to communicate with are usually in game anyway.

To keep in touch with known people there are generally better tools available.

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Tuorin wrote:Of course we're all supposed to be experts aren't we when we do something for the first time. :o

Sorry if I you found my post offensive but you have to be precautious in this world. The scum is everywhere

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:Owwww
Awwwww
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Gahn wrote:Awwwww

MMmmmmm oooh... /gets all hot and excited

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Cromcruaich wrote:Must try this, i'll call myself StuckNoob and ask 'what are buffs?' and 'how do i get into the frontiers'. Wonder what the information real time will be ...
And you wonder why you got banned from IRC if you do things like that. The OP probably thought you where part of the 70% morons and banned you.

:p
finland:
holland:

Satyn
Emerald Rider

Post by Satyn »

Gahn has his way of thinking about Irc ... Quin has his way of thinking about Irc

need i say more?
Fallen Spirits GM
Obscurum GM
E&E
satyn1:

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Quinlan wrote:And you wonder why you got banned from IRC if you do things like that. The OP probably thought you where part of the 70% morons and banned you.

:p
You can find my thread about irc banning somewhere here if your bothered. My slightly sarcastic response was a device to illustrate a point, i was hoping it didnt require further explanation :)
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”