For ppl not using Irc. (start doing so!)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:IRC is a great tool once you understand how to use it
Guess we ain't talking about the tool itself, more of frequentation inside it tbh ^^ (something along the lines of Nuclear Power ain't bad in itself , it's all about how u use it)
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:Guess we ain't talking about the tool itself, more of frequentation inside it tbh ^^ (something along the lines of Nuclear Power ain't bad in itself , it's all about how u use it)
Well you obvisiously dont understand it. Since this aint FH i wont leave it at that ;) and i'll give you three examples

1. Keeping in touch with people who moved from prydwen to other servers
2. Getting information real time about any part of the game from a group of people who is very happy to explain
3. Forming groups while not being online or the people not being online.

You just are annoyed with IRC cause you have a bad experience and spread that feeling at every oppurtunity like a stuck recordplayer. To bad you gave up so quik about something that can enrich a game in numerous ways.

Ofc there are twats in irc..but you have twats here too. Just ignore them and do your thing
finland:
holland:

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

[quote="Gahn"]Dared]

Of course not dude, not at all :). Have no problem with people disagreeing just suspect that there is alot of people here with prejudices against IRC when reading some of the posts. It can indeed be a nice tool when you know how it works and how to avoid all the bad sides. Good thing to get in touch with people not online at that time and to make grps for rvr.

edit: What Quinlan said really, good post.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

[quote="Quinlan"]Well you obvisiously dont understand it. Since this aint FH i wont leave it at that ]

U obviously don't understand that u ain't got truth in your mouth, imo :)
So we can declare that u find it useful and amazing, instead i find it a pile of crap.
Ofc u can always go on with your annoying patronizing way of deal with others not agreeing with ya like u always do, and about your misconception of "some" morons i'll give ya a hint, when a % is way over 70 it ain't worth MY time.
:mojo:
Na Fianna Dragun

Musejedi
Emerald Rider

Post by Musejedi »

As with most open-access things on the internet, you do get your fair share of retards. I'd like to think there are quite a few more open minded and 'live and let live' type people out there as well though. Once you learn to ignore the crap, you soon realise there is alot of benefit to irc.
Severance

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Gahn wrote:U obviously don't understand that u ain't got truth in your mouth, imo :)
Cant help it you dont understand the use of, for example the 3 points listed by me. But i am sure other people, besides you, can see it.
Gahn wrote: So we can declare that u find it useful and amazing, instead i find it a pile of crap.
Ofc u can always go on with your annoying patronizing way of deal with others not agreeing with ya like u always do,
Funny how some people can find something usefull and other find it utter crap. That is a totally new concept that i never heared before.

But ofcourse since you find it utter crap no-one should use it. While on the other hand i actually show that it can be usefull to people who never used it before so they can form an opinion based on the pro's and con's listed here. But i am sure your vast experience of IRC is a better judge then any persons own experience.
Gahn wrote: and about your misconception of "some" morons i'll give ya a hint, when a % is way over 70 it ain't worth my time.
:mojo:
So how many % morons are their on FH? i would think alot more then 70%. Yet still you use that pretty frequent
finland:
holland:

Puppet
Emerald Rider

Post by Puppet »

judas wrote:well looks like you havent used irc much then peeps. and you dont nessesery have to use the large channels.
and irc allso gives access to instant contact to the E&E ppl at #e&e
LOL whenever I see a message there I always wait 2 hours before responding xD
[Tuatha Dé Danann]
Puppethealer - Druid Barun ML10
Spinesprout - Ranger Emerald Ridere ML10
Pricklesprout - Nightshade Gilded Spear ML10
Spikesprout - Vampiir Thunderer ML10
Mushshroom - Animist Brehon ML10
Champtastic - Champion Grove Protector ML7
Scythles - Valewalker Raven Ardent ML10

E&E of Hibernia/Prydwen

Musejedi
Emerald Rider

Post by Musejedi »

Cant really disagree there, your generalisation just doesnt show the full picture imo Gahn.
Severance

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Quinlan wrote:Cant help it you dont understand the use of, for example the 3 points listed by me. But i am sure other people, besides you, can see it.

Funny how some people can find something usefull and other find it utter crap. That is a totally new concept that i never heared before.

But ofcourse since you find it utter crap no-one should use it. While on the other hand i actually show that it can be usefull to people who never used it before so they can form an opinion based on the pro's and con's listed here. But i am sure your vast experience of IRC is a better judge then any persons own experience.

So how many % morons are their on FH? i would think alot more then 70%. Yet still you use that pretty frequent
Me thinks u really don't get it, did i EVER said that no1 should use it? Besides u there are some ppl who just says what they think, without pretending to convince others of their point of view.
But nm tbh, since ofc u can't really have a discussion.

And really, can't help it, if u need to form groups with friends outside game there are other tools that don't involve having to deal with all the crap going on irc on the "all togheter let's raise our epeen" channels.
But guess u know it, at least i hope.
Na Fianna Dragun

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Mojo wrote:No actually.

It's not always that obviouse to the less savvy, someone taking advantage of you is their issue not yours tbh.

It is your responsibility to set your communication tools up properly.

If you fail to do so and your computer is used in a dos attack within a cluster of 500-5000 machines you're part of the attack.

Sure sure it's the trojans writer who is wrong, but we can't blame everything on these malicious things. It is possible to avoid getting a trojan on irc. So we should

Setting irc up to only accept files from people I want it to accept from is a minor trip to the dcc menu.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”