For ppl not using Irc. (start doing so!)

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Biloria
Emerald Rider

Post by Biloria »

I knew someone would be touched on the raw :)

/ Bil
My first movie

Biloria Beau | Thunderer
Mirlena | Elfhon
Kadawen | Pbaoe
Abizmal | PvE Shroomz0r

Rickard Hagberg:
"Need a change? Do something that frightens you"

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

irc = i/u want to scream abuse at me/u for killing me/u and generally increase ur epeen............ no thanks kids
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

judas
Emerald Rider

Post by judas »

well looks like you havent used irc much then peeps. and you dont nessesery have to use the large channels.
and irc allso gives access to instant contact to the E&E ppl at #e&e
Ultraviolence.
refers to acts of extreme violence
seemingly performed at random,
or with no clear justification

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Jupi wrote:irc = i/u want to scream abuse at me/u for killing me/u and generally increase ur epeen............ no thanks kids
Yeah and the only thing worse is some twat who passes on a message from someone in irc to you in game :mojo:

/send xxxx my epeen buddychum on irc think u are teh ghey for killing him in a rvr zone

/r fuck off u twat!!! :mojo:
look, no hands!

Now retired

centurion
Emerald Rider

Post by centurion »

Lots of people with bad experience or just prejudice here, I wont disagree on that there are less morons on IRC than there are anywhere else but keep in mind that there is also some perfectly sane channels that can prove very useful and friendly too.
Zephina
<Eclipse>

game over

Jupi
Emerald Rider

Post by Jupi »

Mojo wrote:Yeah and the only thing worse is some twat who passes on a message from someone in irc to you in game :mojo:

/send xxxx my epeen buddychum on irc think u are teh ghey for killing him in a rvr zone

/r fuck off u twat!!! :mojo:
hahahha word! :lairiodd:
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistance. Talent will not: nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not: unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not: the world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistance and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.......

El Grapplo RR10+ ML10 Warden :sheepskip
Silken RR3 Chanter :banghead:
Toothless

awarkle
Emerald Rider

Post by awarkle »

have to say as an E&E i stopped using the e&e channel because for one thing you end up getting flamed by people when you cant help them with stupid problems.

Secondly most of the stupid problems are caused by the players when they are trying to cheese encounters.

also the prydwen# channel is full of retards sorry to say if your a regular browser but they dont talk you got mods who ban you if you say somthing they dont like. Ive even been booted randomly the whole channel is only there to promote yourself and try and be in the in crowd half of which dont even play any more. Half the mods are playing wow or other games it really is a waste of time.
Albion : Arod (tic) Ponies (cleric)
Midgard : Cavewark(sham), Augwark(healer), cursiara(warlock), mistieral(valkyrie)
Hibernia : Bastilia (vamp)
Albion (glast) : Zalasta (sorc) awark(wiz) mincer (minstrel) + others
DAOC E&E find me on any char for assistance.

naic
Emerald Rider

Post by naic »

Nothing wrong with IRC, fun to talk with the player you just fought etc. Also keeps guilds together. Ascending Dawn ( #ascending.dawn ) wouldn't be anything without IRC as we're spread over different servers (US/EU) and other games. :)
?!

Tuorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Tuorin »

I once used irc, not that hot on the commands and stuff and found it great that some unknown twat sent me a trojan and rode into a channel and perma blocked anyone from entering it. I decided that there's enough morons around out there to have feckers griefing you while in your own home!
;)
No sig!

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

centurion wrote:Lots of people with bad experience or just prejudice here, I wont disagree on that there are less morons on IRC than there are anywhere else but keep in mind that there is also some perfectly sane channels that can prove very useful and friendly too.
its one of those things that seems to have a stigma about it but that people do not know much about. I have the client (it looks bloody awful I am sure someone told me there was a better one) but I just don't use it because I have no clue where would be appropriate. If you like it why not provie a list of channels with a oneline summary so people can have a look.

I would go in there but some of the people on FH - I mean why would I want to meet some of those people in real time without the game to block communication? It just might not be a nice experience.

:?

Sharkith

p.s. there are people here who are not in the same alliance for example and it would be nice to chat while playing now and again.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”