Customer (Mark Roberts) 09/16/2005 06:26 PM
I didn't get the 12 free days on either of my accounts
aaaaaaa
bbbbbbb
I didn't get any emails about the free days either

==========

Response (CM) 09/19/2005 11:01 AM
Hello,
There was some confusion in the billing system those days should be attributed to your accounts early this week.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

==========

Customer (Mark Roberts) 09/24/2005 07:41 AM
This has been labelled "Solved".
I still didn't get the 12 free days on either of my listed accounts.

==========

Response (CM) 09/26/2005 12:59 PM
Greetings
Both of your accounts are registered German acounts, only registered English accounts received the free days.

Yours sincerely,

==========

Customer (Mark Roberts) 09/26/2005 06:43 PM
Why are both of my acounts registered German accounts?
I never registered them as German.
I don't live in Germany.
I have only ever played on Prydwen & Excalibur, 95% Prydwen.
I have never ever had a DAoC character on anything other than an English speaking server.
I was born in England.
My parents, grandparents, great-grandparents & all other known relatives are or were either English or Irish, and none of them apart from me speak a single word of German.

See also 050417-000357 where I already had much the same problem with you.

I really don't see why I should be punished for your accounting failure.

Sort it out IMO.

==========

I just cannot believe that any company so dependant on customer service & good customer relations can &%ç* up so completely & in such a way as to indicate
1) Compete insensitivity
2) Utter stupidity.
I am just &%ç*ing BOILING MAD! GRRRRRRR

[edited out bad words]
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Scabs
Emerald Rider

Post by Scabs »

Belisar wrote:I am a bit confused by this.

Let me make up a situation to explain my confusion.

My subs run out on 30th September.
My only toon does not get sorted until 28th September and is the last one to be done.

If they give the free period now, it prolongues my subs period so they run out on 12th October giving me 14 days of play.

If they give me the free period on 29th September (when all are sorted) it prolongues my subs until the 12th October and I still get 14 days of play.

Therefore why does it make a difference if they give the free period now or in 12 days time as long as it is added to your subs time to extend the days available before I need to renew ? Incidently I cannot read where it says the free period will start now.

In addition I read the note to suggest they have dealt with the technical problems which caused the downtime, it does not suggest to me they have actually restored all the toons.

If you are thinking that 12 days is not long enough or they are taking too long to restore the toons then that is a different argument. But I am just struggling to see why people are complaining about the free period being given even if it is now.

Maybe I am looking through 'rose tinted glasses' but to me they are saying:-
1. Hey there was a technical issue
2. We have fixed the issue (perhaps not all the after effects)
3. We know this screwed a lot of you up
4. In recognition of this we will be giving you a free subs period.

I kind of think we are now looking for complaints and issues at every opportunity and perhaps where there are none to be found.
lol
WAR! - K8 Peaks

Snozzle - 27 Shaman. drunk:

Guild - Pestis
Alliance - Squig Quo Pro
Members - Heavy Metal, Pestis, Brutal DeLuxe, Nocturnal Dawn, BLONDIIN PINGVIIN, De Gale Trolde fra Nord

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

OohhoO wrote:OK now I am absolutely boiling seething mad :angry:

==========

Customer (Mark Roberts) 09/16/2005 06:26 PM
I didn't get the 12 free days on either of my accounts
aaaaaaa
bbbbbbb
I didn't get any emails about the free days either

==========

Response (CM) 09/19/2005 11:01 AM
Hello,
There was some confusion in the billing system those days should be attributed to your accounts early this week.

Yours sincerely,

==========

Customer (Mark Roberts) 09/24/2005 07:41 AM
This has been labelled "Solved".
I still didn't get the 12 free days on either of my listed accounts.

==========

Response (CM) 09/26/2005 12:59 PM
Greetings
Both of your accounts are registered German acounts, only registered English accounts received the free days.

Yours sincerely,

==========

Customer (Mark Roberts) 09/26/2005 06:43 PM
Why are both of my acounts registered German accounts?
I never registered them as German.
I don't live in Germany.
I have only ever played on Prydwen & Excalibur, 95% Prydwen.
I have never ever had a DAoC character on anything other than an English speaking server.
I was born in England.
My parents, grandparents, great-grandparents & all other known relatives are or were either English or Irish, and none of them apart from me speak a single word of German.

See also 050417-000357 where I already had much the same problem with you.

I really don't see why I should be punished for your accounting failure.

Sort it out IMO.

==========

I just cannot believe that any company so dependant on customer service & good customer relations can &%ç* up so completely & in such a way as to indicate
1) Compete insensitivity
2) Utter stupidity.
I am just &%ç*ing BOILING MAD! GRRRRRRR

[edited out bad words]
This is because only English accounts were eligible for the free days. The way we categorise an account isn't by your server choice (as it is more difficult to verify which server is your main server) but by the interface you go through for billing. Many foreign players play on Camlann for example but that doesn't make them English players.
If you go through the German billing interface then you are classed as a German player. In your case as a Swiss player (your registered details show an address in Switzerland and you have a Swiss email address) I would imagine that you would probably choose the German billing interface. It's not an accounting error.

Teador
Emerald Rider

Post by Teador »

requiel whilst i can understand that is the only way u can initially give the free days to customers please tell me that if someone sends u a RN saying they play on prydwen and you can see the characters on the server you are giving them the free days

as i said i can understand why u initially give free days like that, but once you confirm somone plays on prydwen surly u gotta compensate them too

Erce

Post by Erce »

Requiel wrote:This is because only English accounts were eligible for the free days. The way we categorise an account isn't by your server choice (as it is more difficult to verify which server is your main server) but by the interface you go through for billing. Many foreign players play on Camlann for example but that doesn't make them English players.
If you go through the German billing interface then you are classed as a German player. In your case as a Swiss player (your registered details show an address in Switzerland and you have a Swiss email address) I would imagine that you would probably choose the German billing interface. It's not an accounting error.
And yet he plays on prydwen and was as inconvenienced as the rest of the prydwen players... this doesn;t make sense to me.
Erce..animist (retired)
Erehey..VW (retired)

druid in wow....(retired )

Gahn

Post by Gahn »

Requiel wrote:This is because only English accounts were eligible for the free days. The way we categorise an account isn't by your server choice (as it is more difficult to verify which server is your main server) but by the interface you go through for billing. Many foreign players play on Camlann for example but that doesn't make them English players.
Just to point out one thing, i'm playing from Italy but always used English Web Site, altho when i click on Subscription it auto sets to Italian (my Os language). Never played on Italian server, only on Prydwen, Excal and Camlann; that choice sucks, if i come from English Web site and click on Subscription there's a good reason, i want it in English! Hope to been clear nuff.
Gahn LoneWolf Celt Seraph Tiarna Prydwen
Na Fianna Dragun
Gahn Lonewolf Guardian [TDA] on Gunnar's Hold

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

[quote="Gahn"]Just to point out one thing, i'm playing from Italy but always used English Web Site, altho when i click on Subscription it auto sets to Italian (my Os language). Never played on Italian server, only on Prydwen, Excal and Camlann]

Yeah this sucks, the stuff designed to mother users can be a major pain in the rectum. Up untill recently when you logged into subs it would save the session info so when u logged out and back in you didn't have to enter user/pass info. Kinda pants if you wanted to pay subs on your OTHER account cos you would not get the option to log in, it would just default to the last account you modified.
look, no hands!

Now retired

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

Mojo wrote: Up untill recently when you logged into subs it would save the session info so when u logged out and back in you didn't have to enter user/pass info. Kinda pants if you wanted to pay subs on your OTHER account cos you would not get the option to log in, it would just default to the last account you modified.
This still is the case with alot of service on the internet. Very easy way around is to start a new Internet Explorer besides the one you have open (not new window but really new IE). This enables you to login again.
finland:
holland:

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Quinlan wrote:This still is the case with alot of service on the internet. Very easy way around is to start a new Internet Explorer besides the one you have open (not new window but really new IE). This enables you to login again.
I am familiar with the work arround (only need for IE its seems FF doesnt have this problem, or it could be i tabs = new sessions) .The point is you should be able to log out and log out means log out (clears the session correctly) Opening a new browser session should not be neccessary and is just plain crap design.
look, no hands!

Now retired

OohhoO

Post by OohhoO »

My Keyboard settings are set to Swiss-German because, well, it's a Swiss-German keyboard. The 10% of my network which is set up in Swiss-German is set-up that way because it's the 10% which my wife uses, and she doesn't speak English. The other 90% of my network is set up in English, as it's my mother-tongue, and my wife doesn't use it. Only roughly half of the Swiss population are native Swiss-German speakers, about 40% live in the French speaking part, <10% in the Italian speaking part, and a few in the Romansch speaking part. There are probably at least as many people in Switzerland who speak English than there are who speak German =/

IIRC I wasn't given a choice of billing interface language. If I had, I would certainly have chosen English. I have also previously complained about being dumped into the German language group in previous RNs which were apparently just completely ignored.

I fail to see how this could be my FU, or why I should be penalised for it.
-
Paddock - L60 Male Man Hunter - SM Tailor
Moegren - L53 Male Man Captain - SM Weaponsmith GM Woodworker
Paddreth - L60 Male Man Minstrel - SM Jeweller GM Cook
Skyros - L57 Male Man Loremaster - SM Scholar GM Farmer
Pauncho - L60 Male Hobbit Burglar - SM Armoursmith
-

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”