Protective Harpys + Bugged Zoarkat ,,, this new?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Bugzy
Emerald Rider

Post by Bugzy »

Requiel wrote:If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.
I love your style Req.
Bard - ML 8 - RR4Lx - 33/37/43
Vampiir - ML 1 - RR3Lx - 38/32/43

Dorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorin »

Bugzy wrote:I love your style Req.
will use that as sig material, that line just kicks ass xD
Enchanter, Cabalist, Spiritmaster

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

I also rightnow'd this incident, knowing we'll get no zo'arkat artifact and encounter.

My only purpose is, with my report, is to bring a loud and clear message to goas door that TOA DOES NOT ROX THE BOX.

Shike

Post by Shike »

Requiel wrote:It's not a bug, the encounter is designed to fail if you abuse the game mechanics by pulling the Zo'arkat mobs to the island (which is cheating). The harpies have been added to further encourage you not to do this and thereby break the encounter for everyone else.

If you'd like to report yourself for cheating we'll investigate your problem.
uh? Did this enc in later patch than 1.75 in US and we pulled to island just fine. And Mythic have never said its against CoC to pull mobs around afaik.. (mobs on a tether is not a bug.. it is by design, hence it really cant be bugabuse, would be simple to change the mobscript around if it really caused a serious problem, correct me if I'm wrong here Req) this some special GOAstuff I didnt know about? Since I cant read it in the CoC.

Would really like some clarification here so I dont go and do some stupid stuff without knowing a thing I dont see as a bug is by GOAs definition a bug.
~o~
Shikei, Temples, Shike, Imidyr and Shiko
<Ascending Dawn>
~o~

Penlid
Emerald Rider

Post by Penlid »

Me thinks GoA makes rules up as they go along :(
Inactive

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Fighting mobs from a position where they can't fight back has always been cheating. This includes being on land to fight water-borne mobs. The encounter has been designed to fail if the mobs are pulled from the arena as this is not how the encounter is supposed to be completed.

Radhoc
Emerald Rider

Post by Radhoc »

Well, we didnt pull them of from the arena.
Radhoc Shaman
Radhoc Druid
Aelydha Infiltrator
Rad Blademaster
Rads Runemaster

Dorin
Emerald Rider

Post by Dorin »

Requiel wrote:Fighting mobs from a position where they can't fight back has always been cheating. This includes being on land to fight water-borne mobs. The encounter has been designed to fail if the mobs are pulled from the arena as this is not how the encounter is supposed to be completed.
this wasnt the case however.
Enchanter, Cabalist, Spiritmaster

Lothandar
Emerald Rider

Post by Lothandar »

Dorin wrote:this wasnt the case however.
He will understand that we were in the center of the arena, underwater, when the mobs bugged out, I am sure he's not stupid, we just have to be patient.

Requiel, we couldn't go up to the shore because we had 15-20 yellow invulnerable monsters on us, do you understand?

stupeh
Emerald Rider

Post by stupeh »

Requiel wrote:Fighting mobs from a position where they can't fight back has always been cheating. This includes being on land to fight water-borne mobs. The encounter has been designed to fail if the mobs are pulled from the arena as this is not how the encounter is supposed to be completed.
Would it be possible for this discussion to be replied to officially, perhaps in an upcoming news. There have been conflicting replies regarding this subject, and i for one would like it clarified, so i know what is, and what isn't cheating. I know you said the wall bug in the Passage of Conflict is bug abuse because a player can damage the mobs without being hit themselves. This is not the case with the BoZ encounter, due to the water los. You have to be underwater to hit the mobs, unless you use a focus shield, where your pet can still be hit, and also the casters mobs are still able to hit you.. How is this cheating?
~

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”