Maybe we should send a message to GOA?

General 'Hibernian' forum for the entire cluster
Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Requiel wrote:No-one who loses their ML10 bow for example is going to need to worry about how they are going to afford a new one.
I am still confused...

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... 935&page=3

If that link works there is a guy saying he was told the ML10 gear could not be restored ???

Sorry Req, not a personal dig but the lack of information is causing all sorts of problems. The information we get is none too clear and begs questions.

Also why did goa not wait until as many toons as possible were sorted before allowing the xp/rp bonus. At the present time there are still people unable to play as their toons were stripped. So not only do they suffer more downtime while it is corrected but they lose out on the free days and rp/xp bonus as well.
Brain cells come and brain cells go but fat cells live forever !

Currently playing Hib (ofc) on Uthgard

Requiel

Post by Requiel »

Belisar wrote:I am still confused...

http://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthre ... 935&page=3

If that link works there is a guy saying he was told the ML10 gear could not be restored ???

Sorry Req, not a personal dig but the lack of information is causing all sorts of problems. The information we get is none too clear and begs questions.

Also why did goa not wait until as many toons as possible were sorted before allowing the xp/rp bonus. At the present time there are still people unable to play as their toons were stripped. So not only do they suffer more downtime while it is corrected but they lose out on the free days and rp/xp bonus as well.
ML10 stuff can be restored. I've restored a lot of it myself today as have the other members of the team. I'm not at work now so I cant tell you why Lecturin didn't get his set back. There have been several instances where people have made a report that reads somthing like "Dear goa, my character XXXX has lost all of his items, I don't know what he had, can you restore them please?" We restore the things we can verify like artifacts and quest rewards and grant cash for the rest, then the player replies saying "but what about my Sword of Pwn?" That's just an example of why it may have happened.

It's also possible that someone misunderstood something and this has turned into the usual chinese whispers, before you know it something that someone thinks he read on a forum somewhere becomes an Incontrovertible Fact.

About the xp/rp bonuses. The people affected are a minority on the server. It may not seem like it but believe me they are. In most cases even those who are affected haven't been unlucky enough to lose all the items from all the characters that they play. it seemed to us that nearly everyone would be able to take advantage of the bonuses straight away. Also the bonuses cannot continue after clustering as you can't give one server in a cluster different bonuses to the other. So if we held off, the bonus period would have been shorter for everyone. In any case the bonus period is not designed primarily to compensate for the server downtime - that's what the free days are for. The bonuses are mostly to encourage people back to Prydwen after the downtime so that the population normalises again after a period where people may have made temporary homes on Excal or other servers.

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Requiel wrote: I'm not at work now
Another long day accompanied by the moans and groans of us players, bet you are going to be glad when this all settles down.

Requiel wrote:The people affected are a minority on the server. It may not seem like it but believe me they are.
There does seem a lot of unhappy people but maybe we just shout very loudly :boiing:
Requiel wrote: In most cases even those who are affected haven't been unlucky enough to lose all the items from all the characters that they play. it seemed to us that nearly everyone would be able to take advantage of the bonuses straight away.
True enough but what has happened is a number have limited choice and the hardest hit will feel as though they are being put in an even worse position.
Requiel wrote: Also the bonuses cannot continue after clustering as you can't give one server in a cluster different bonuses to the other. So if we held off, the bonus period would have been shorter for everyone.
This I can understand. Not sure why clustering cannot be delayed a little more but I guess the "majority" comment applies here as well. From a positive point of view those who have not recovered items before clustering at least get access to an alternate market.

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Requiel wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you're asking here but I'll repeat what I've said on these forums, on FH and as we've said on our official site.
If you have lost things and it's possible for us to recreate it, then we will do so. If we can't for any reason - because it wasn't possible to tell what you had or because your template was entirely composed of ROGs and crafted armour for example - then we will ensure that you are compensated to the point where you can replace a decent template.
We have already replaced items for hundreds of characters - high value drops, activated artifacts, quest rewards etc and we aren't planning to stop doing this.
For the record my main characters are on Prydwen and I know what the economy is like. We came up with an amount of money that would replace a decent RvR template minus artifacts and scrolls (as artifacts are always replaced). I'm struggling to think of anyone who would spend 300p on a template and not know what items they had in it or how they'd manage to spend that much without factoring in rare scrolls. However please remember that most people will not be in the position of having to replace their entire template. They won't need to replace artifacts obviously and they won't need to replace items that can be restored by us. No-one who loses their ML10 bow for example is going to need to worry about how they are going to afford a new one.
Thank you for taking time to respond I am sure your very busy and probably sick of people complaining. I have been listening to this all unfold, listening to friends whom I brought to this game and a lot of the people (more than 50% in fact Requiel) I persuaded to come to this game and play on your service have had items lost. Some lost almost everything.

So of course Requiel I am probably likely to hold your company to account and of course I am going to explain to you that I no longer trust your service. I trusted your service enough to bring a number of people online to stop playing other things and then to give you their time and money, then we get this. Is it such an unfair question to ask what are you going to do to restore our trust in you?

If you are not sure what this means or how your company are going to deal with this question which is the crux of my post then I think you all need to sit down and consider how you can address this very important issue. I am told it has happened before on this server - but I am unsure if I can believe it (I cannot even trust the lack of trust if you catch my drift). It is largely your company that breached the trust we had in them it is down to them to try and address this very important issue. I guess it comes down to an explanation of what has happened (we know the basics of this) and what if anything you have done to prevent it happenning again?

You have explained the basic problem I know but not the cause and you have not provided an assessment concerning whether this is probable in future. Your company have not even tried to equip us with any reasonable expectation concerning what we should think of the future - should I come and play again to risk losing what I had or face untold disruptions in the future?

Maybe I am asking too much because we lowly numptey's in the community are so thick we would never understand the nature of the problem or to evaluate the likely risks of future disruptions and indeed losses of this nature. But surely that is basically a communication issue - even technical experts can explain to lay audiences accident risks and outcomes. Why can't you?

As for the item replacement scheme. It is appreciated just how much of a mess your in. Understand most of us have sympathy for your position and on balance I think I can say that most feel strongly that you are doing your utmost to remedy the situation. The compensation for ROG's is actually not that bad in my view - but I did not lose anything. Loss of remains I would say is actually serious enough. In fact loss of anything from the players perspective is clearly not easily tolerated so yes you are trying to compensate and yes player tolerance is low - but that is what happens when you break trust - you get extreme reactions..

I am waiting to see how my friends feel and if they have had enough. When I wrote my post yesterday I had come off the phone to a friend who was telling me how two others where basically in dire straights and not yet sorted out. All of these people I worked to bring in to your service and helped guide them through the game. They played as much as free time allowed so yes I am concerned because I do feel responsibility.

I know the community managers have busted themselves to do all they can and once more I appreciate your position is very difficult. At the end of the day Requiel this can only be the first step to restoring confidence. It is up to your company to think about what else could be done to try and alleviate the lack of confidence we have in your product.

Surely you can see the outrage being expressed is because of the breach of trust. Of course its a difficult thing to address but at least you will appreciate that my previous post was trying to identify the problem you are facing? I have suggested one solution, I am sure you guys can try to come up with others.

Oh and just when I finish an offical apology to your player base would also help. Not through community boards but through an offical channel. All of the posts on your offical website have not yet apologised in detail for this. Sorry for the essay I will shut up now.

kind regards

Sharkith
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

i agree with shark.

My trust has been shaken to the core. Kinda feel like whats the point of playing when no guarantee it will not happen again :(
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Rejecta

Post by Rejecta »

Banana wrote:i agree with shark.

My trust has been shaken to the core. Kinda feel like whats the point of playing when no guarantee it will not happen again :(
Addiction.

and btw requiel where does this "Sword of Pwn" drop I want one :D!!!

Belisar
Emerald Rider

Post by Belisar »

Hey Sharkith nicely put and I am sure that the trust issue is something that has us all concerned.

I would also love to know what happened and why, I would also love to know that steps had been taken to prevent this happening again (no guarantees but it would be nice to know something had been done). Next time it happens we could be clustered and so we will have double the trouble.

However (and I do not want to put words into GOA/Requiel's mouth) but as I understand it the agreement with Mythic prevents any such release of information. Sadly the lack of information produces problems such as rumours as we know no better.

You can imagine that this is a real nightmare for GOA atm, 10 days free subs for the player base is not cheap and add to that the time and effort it must be taking to sort through the RN issues and reconstruct missing inventory (GOA pulling people from other projects etc) this is clearly a major issue.

Maybe once the bulk of the character reconstruction is done we will get some sort of public announcement to tell us this and to share as much information as they can.

Cryn
Emerald Rider

Post by Cryn »

Everyone would feel better I think if GOA would tell us whether they have changed the way they do things so that this situation won't repeat.
Peat Bog, Animist <Iron Wolves>
Cryn Twyn, Bard <Iron Wolves>
Tape Gob, Eldritch <Iron Wolves>

Inventor of the Lagapult™
House 3303, Cior Barr. Come Visit.

Now playing ... WAR on Karak Eight Peaks
Irony, Runepriest <NFD>
Sable, Witch Hunter <NFD>

Kelalle
Emerald Rider

Post by Kelalle »

Requiel wrote: In any case the bonus period is not designed primarily to compensate for the server downtime - that's what the free days are for. The bonuses are mostly to encourage people back to Prydwen after the downtime .

Ok , i can understand that Requiel , however it doesn't actually help the totally unlucky people , like myself who HAVE had ALL chars made unplayable .

In my case , my lvl 50 , lvl 45 and lvl 43 chars have been totally stripped of anything remotely useful , and in the case of my lvl 50 have ended up with random junk ( like the newbie journal book ) in their inventory .
My 31 Mentalist is now wearing Nightshade leather and weapons , and my 27 Animist is now wearing full Chain and using an LW hammer .
Basically thats all my chars except for a /lvled druid who had nothing anyway .

I also know of others who have lost everything as well .

At the moment i have lost all trust in GOA as a company . I'm hanging on while i wait to see what i get back for this loss , but what i'm reading about these "tokens " , doesn't inspire confidence .
Prydwen
Cueair - Bard -
Malanari - 50 Vampiir -
Galagah - 50 Ranger -
Numerous other alts ...

Glastonbury
Malanari - 50 Warlock
Bonieari - Bonedancer
Roonie - Runemaster
Anerae - Valkyrie

Trez
Emerald Rider

Post by Trez »

There have been several instances where people have made a report that reads somthing like "Dear goa, my character XXXX has lost all of his items, I don't know what he had, can you restore them please?" We restore the things we can verify like artifacts and quest rewards and grant cash for the rest, then the player replies saying "but what about my Sword of Pwn?" That's just an example of why it may have happened.

I send RN a mail like that, had 6 chars and I cannot remember what they got, so u say Requiel, that I lost my items for good???

If this is the case u just lost 3 customers for sure, and I am sure many others will leave if they cant have their items restored.

The RoG is understandable, but setting up the crap RoG merchants is not the way unless they give really good items.

I had 4 or 5 really good RoG items on my animist, had a lot of power pool, they are gone and cannot be replaced, fair enough, just make sure the merchants yield similar items.

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”