Xest for president!!

Down with Mailimber

Booo Hisssss

Look at dev's tits ----> :devlin:
look, no hands!

Now retired

Cromcruaich

Post by Cromcruaich »

Not particularly bothered about posting stfu and die, and we all know Xest is a rather colourful mod who at least keeps things ... erm ... lively. However, I would rather have a mod who is fully active on Hib/Pryd than one who wasnt, all other things being equal.
Crom, Druid of Na Fianna Dragun

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A(nimist)-Team

Cue music for full effect.

Thanks to Tuthmes for the link.

Genedril
Emerald Rider

Post by Genedril »

Probably shouldn't post as I'm overdosed on pain killers - so I'll apologise straight off if I annoy/put up backs/tell people to jump off a cliff etc in advance.

It seems to me that Xest is being criticised for a. Having opinions (which some people don't agree with) & then b. being prepared to defend his opinions & himself in his own choice way. Being a mod shouldn't mean that he's not allowed to have opinions or defend them. He seems more than capable of being a mod & a poster in 2 different mindsets.

I don't always see eye to eye with Xest, but most of his points have some basis of validity & though he may take his view point to extremes that I wouldn't necessarily agree with there's nothing wrong with that. His views, insights & help have been around since the dawn of time (well pryd.net anyway) & so has his method of posting. He doesn't suffer fools gladly & that's his personal right.

So basically people (in my own opinion anyway) are looking to lynch him for things that he's said in the past & wound people up over. Doing it using a vote over something like this is neither right nor fair. To do it over a CoC which is vague to say the least is wrong.

If you're going to hang him out to dry for such a post then I suggest all of you take a look at the things you've said in the past & then those of you that have ever been involved in a flamefest or said something out of turn all voluntarily resign your pryd.net membership & go hang out somewhere else. Not FH though as they're taking a tougher line on these things now.

Once the new CoC is up & running then fair enough - we go from there. To create a CoC & the retro-actively use it against someone is just unfair as far as I can see.

Qbic
Emerald Rider

Post by Qbic »

It's about time people learn to put things in the right perspective.
I don't know Xest personally and he shouldn't have said that but for crying out loud try not to lower yourselves to FH standard. This "crucifixion" has been nothing more than a few individuals seeing the perfect opportunity to settle the score with someone. Actually I am ashamed in your place.
Grow up.

Mojo

Post by Mojo »

Jupi wrote:mojo for mod.... i think
Stop thinking Jupi ;)
look, no hands!

Now retired

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

Quinlan wrote:Wise words for such a small Luri!
Oi! I am an elph dammit. (tallest Nightshade in Hibby ]It's about time people learn to put things in the right perspective.
I don't know Xest personally and he shouldn't have said that but for crying out loud try not to lower yourselves to FH standard. This "crucifixion" has been nothing more than a few individuals seeing the perfect opportunity to settle the score with someone. Actually I am ashamed in your place.
Grow up.[/quote]

Clear off we are burning him - crucifixion is for sissys.

I vote for a new poll - Crucifixion vs Burning. My reasons for burning are that you have to have too high woodworking to make the cross whereas burning requires a simple pile of wood, a pole to strap him to and some flint. See?

:)
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Quinlan

Post by Quinlan »

[quote="Sharkith"]Oi! I am an elph dammit. (tallest Nightshade in Hibby ]

Good old stoning would be even better and would mean less Trees hurt..Your a hib elph wannabee damned..think of the trees
finland:
holland:

jenifer
Emerald Rider

Post by jenifer »

umm u guys missing the point.... or forgetting, in which ever order...

its Xest :kesxex:
hib pryd
50 hero
50 ns
alb excal
50 scout :satyn2:
cam
50 cleric
50 infi

:kesxex:

Sharkith

Post by Sharkith »

jenifer wrote:umm u guys missing the point.... or forgetting, in which ever order...

its Xest :kesxex:
when he has been burned, stoned, crucified or given the fish treatment - he could come back as prydwen's very own messiah....
Na Fianna Dragun

Karak-Eight Peaks, Kiera ze Witch Hunter

Eve online - Kaminjosvig.

Lieva
Emerald Rider

Post by Lieva »

Poliava wrote:After reading the first 10 pages i got tired and pressed "Last >>" sorry =)

Before voting on this, people should know in what relation this "abusive language" was posted... As i see it, it has been posted out of context, very onesided, without any....pryd is up oO....gotta go =)
it was in relation to the GoA thread.

Xest said something along the lines of
'either stfu or die - either way i dont care'

so technically he didnt tell the person to die as he gave them a choice :p
Lievaordiea x Eldritch
Peonchants x Enchanter
Hibernia

Return to “Hibernian Cluster Discussion”